Chapter 40

Love, Symmetry & Rhythm

Chapter 40

I sigh for the millionth time tonight as I stare at the sleeping dragon’s face. My heart has finally calmed down and I just spent the past couple of minutes just observing his face and feeling his heartbeat against my hand. For some reason it was really soothing.

How is it that he is able to make me feel this way… especially after all we’ve been through? I think back to the first day we met at the auditions and how interacting with him has just been like a rollercoaster. One moment he would be cold and unforgiving, the next he seemed like he cared and wanted to get to know me.

‘From what you’ve seen the past few days isn’t the usual Jiyong. Something has been eating him inside… something is making him act differently’

I remember what Youngbae said… even his best friend sees that something isn’t right… but what could it be? What is it that is making him act this way?

Shoot! Youngbae! I suddenly remember that I left him so suddenly. Just at the right moment, Jiyong turns in his sleep giving me the chance to pull my hand away. I crawl over to my bag and rummage for my phone. Upon opening it I already see that I’ve gotten 3 texts and a missed call.

 

    You ran off so quickly, I couldn’t catch up. Text me when you get home.

 

Uh oh.

 

    Are you home yet? Did you not find it?

 

I gulp as I open the third text.

 

    Why didn’t you pick up? Where are you? Are you okay?

 

I don’t even have to check to know that it was Youngbae who called earlier so I quickly call him back. Just after one ring, he picks up.

 

“Hello? Dara? Are you okay?”

“Hey… I’m sorry. I’m fine. I’m home now.”

I hear him sigh in relief, “Thank god. I thought something happened…”

“I’m sorry…”

“Why didn’t you pick up or text me back?”

“Well...” I glance over at the figure fast asleep on my couch before explaining everything that happened until now… well of course leaving out the changing shirt and kissing fingers part.

“What! He’s at your place right now?!” I hear him exclaim.

“Yeah… he’s sleeping no—“

“I’m coming over.” I hear rustling on the other end.

“What! Why?”

“I’ll come and pick up Jiyong and take him back home.”

“No!” Panic was clear in my voice but I tried to cover it up, “I mean, he just fell asleep… and I don’t think his fever has gone down yet.”

“But—“

“No ‘but’s. I won’t let you come over and get him. Not only does he need to rest but you do too.” I try to come up with more reasons in my head, “Like you said, something big is happening for you and you don’t need to be bothered by this so late at night.”

“It’s not a bo—“

“Youngbae, it’s fine. I’ve taken care of it already. He’s resting now and will get better if he continues to sleep. I’m afraid if you come, wake him up, and carry him out in the cold he’s just going to get sick again. And both you and I know how important it is for him to recover as quick as possible.”

There’s nothing but silence on the other end making me think he might have already hung up but then I hear him sigh.

“Fine… but I’m coming over first thing in the morning to drag his sorry a** out of your hair. Okay?”

“Youngba—“

“No. It’s either that or I come and get him right now. You choose.”

“Okay. Okay, tomorrow morning.”

“Good. I’ll be there around 9:30, okay?”

“Yeah, that should be fine.” I glance over again at the couch.

“Okay. Well, hurry and get some sleep. Don’t worry about him too much; he’ll get over it within tonight. Okay?”

“Yes, sir.”

I hear him let out a small laugh, “Good night, Dara.”

“Good night.”

 

I hang up and put my phone aside while looking at Jiyong. To be honest, even if he was better already… a part of me didn’t want him to leave so soon. Seeing him like this tonight was something different… somehow it was a sign that the Jiyong I’ve been seeing the past few days of knowing each other, really wasn’t the real Jiyong… the real him was in there somewhere and from what I’ve seen tonight… I wanted to find him.

 

I turn to pick up my bag and take it to my room but something catches my eyes. I take my notebook out from my bag and turn to the page where a pencil was stuck between. There I see several unfamiliar scribbles and notes surrounding my handwriting commenting on certain parts of the choreography I prepared for tomorrow.

 

Counts are too slow for this. Add a jump at 8. Change the spin to something else. Hold for 2 counts.

 

My eyes look towards the couch and I stare at him in disbelief. Did he… go over my choreography after I left?

I think back to his state just before I left him. His blood shot eyes, his heavy breathing, the abnormal warmth from his hand… he was already sick with a fever then… but he still…

I turn to the next page of my notes, then the next and the next and they all had the same scribbles with things to change and fix. I quickly get to my feet and immediately head towards my dance studio. I head over to the stereo system, press play on my iPod and stand in the middle of the room to wait for the music to start. I begin to count while reading the notes in my hand and begin to dance, changing the parts that he marked, adding extra counts, holding for two counts, adding a spin. I was only through half of the song and I could tell it was so much better. It had a much better flow and there was meaning behind my movements now. How is this even possible? How could he have known the flow I was aiming for? I mean, the song title was written in my notes but… how could he have understood my notes and markings and be able to put it into movement? How could he have known, fix it, and improve it without even seeing it first?

I abruptly stop once I reach the last page of my choreography when I see something written in the empty space on the bottom of the page.

 

Dara

I’m sorry that I was late and made you wait. I hope you didn’t mind that I went through your notes. From what I could make of it, it was a good piece but I went ahead and added some things I thought could help. Of course, you don’t have to listen to me since I was an a** to you. But I hope this helps and I promise you can hit me all you want with your bag full of bricks.

 

Jiyong

 

I couldn’t help but laugh when reading the last sentence. I close my notebook and hug it to my chest before tiptoeing my way back to him still fast asleep on the couch. While looking at him, I tried to imagine him dancing despite his condition and writing his message to me in this book. He is such a huge idol, with fame, talent, and money… yet he still pushes himself so far… even for someone like me who is just a trainee. I kneel beside the couch and take off the towel to feel his forehead. The fever has gone down… I smile at the thought that he was recovering and no longer in pain.

Why would he push himself so hard for me? I could’ve sworn there were moments that he seemed to dislike me. I think back to when he explained that we only had a ‘professional relationship’. Is all of this really just a professional relationship? I continue to look at his sleeping face and wonder what is really going on in his stupid head of his. I want to take up his offer and pummel his head with my fist but settle for a hard poke to his head. It does nothing but make him scrunch up his face and mumble incoherent words before turning to his side. I smile and appreciate being able to see him like this. Who knew the great G-Dragon could be such a little boy?

But I am glad that I know now.

 

 

~*Jiyong’s POV*~

My eyelids felt like lead when I tried to open them. After a few tries, I was somehow able to pry them open and foucs on my surroundings… that were very unfamiliar. I pushed myself up to get a better view of where I was.

Whose house is this…? And… how did I get here?

I try and search my brain for memories of last night. I was dancing… going over Dara’s choreography… then… It was completely blank and all I could see was black…

‘Jiyongie…’ Who would call me that? I try harder to make sense of where I heard that sweet voice calling my name with such endearment… A flash of Dara’s surprised face appears in my head and the touch of her fingers on my lips… That’s right. I look around for her but she’s nowhere in sight. That’s right… she found me last night at the studio… then took me here. I pull back the blankets and plant my feet on the ground.

Although I wasn’t feeling as horrible as I was yesterday, it still made me a bit dizzy standing up. Probably because I haven’t eaten anything since yesterday morning. Once I felt good enough to walk, I slowly made my way around the corner in search for Dara. I see that her bedroom door was wide open but clearly she wasn’t in there.

 

Where did she go...? As I made my way further down the hall I see another door that was slightly open.

 

“Dara?” I call out quietly but receive no answer. Slowly, I push the door open to see a mini dance studio. Wow… she has her own dance studio in her apartment? As I take one step into the room, I immediately see her curled up on the floor in front of her notebook asleep. I halt and don’t dare to take another step in fear of waking her up.

Why is she sleeping in here? And on the ground! She’ll catch a cold…

I step backwards one by one then make my way back to the couch grabbing a blanket and return to the dance studio. I tiptoe beside her and gently lay the blanket on her covering her entire body with only her head visible. As I crouch down beside her, I take a look at her open notebook where it was turned to the middle of her choreography. Was she practicing the piece all night? I look at her sleeping face and smile; this girl is really something… after wasting time taking care of me she still had to practice.

 

Even when sleeping she was beautiful and with sunlight hitting her face, she looked absolutely perfect.

“How could I have been so wrong about you…” I lean closer and whisper, “How could I have been so easily fooled…”

I furrow my brows at the thought of all the time I’ve wasted because of my foolishness. I reach my hand out and caress her cheek while pushing a strand of hair out of her face.

“I’m so sorry, Dara... I’ll make up for everything… I’ll protect you… I’ll be there for you… no matter what. I promise.”

 

I pull my hand back once I see her nose scrunch up and her eyes flutter open. She rubs her eyes as I see her begin to focus on me.

“G-Good morning… Dara.” I say nervously with a smile.

 

For a while, we just stare at each other and I think she’s going to frown.

But then she smiles the most beautiful smile.

 

“Good morning, Jiyong.”

A smile that was finally directed towards me… it filled me with unimaginable joy.

 

*BlueNote*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Final update for tonight!
Let me know what you guys think :)
I will most likely have another update for tomorrow
So look out for that!

Please keep commenting and let me know how's it going with you guys!

Thank you everyone!

*If you are confused about layout/weird details that seem wrong+right at the same time, please read the story description!*