Chapter 44

Love, Symmetry & Rhythm

Chapter 44

[[Author's note: For those of you who haven't seen G-Dragon's MV for 'Breathe'. Here is the link for it! Music Video ON.]]


~*Dara's POV*~

♪ I can't deny, at night I quietly sleep

You appear in me, you're so beautiful

Hey gorgeous sweet amazing baby

I know you want it baby

Right now you and me hardcore

Til you say no more 

 

Oh. My. God! I blush as I listen for the 5th time to the lyrics of the song playing in the background. What... what are these lyrics?! I try to keep my heart steady as I watch the hair stylist straighten my hair. The music abruptly stops and is replaced by some chattering and yelling, mostly from the great G-Dragon himself.

"One more time, please!" I hear him call out once again, dissatisfaction clear in his voice. After a few minutes, the music begins to play again, allowing me to once again clarify I heard the lyrics correctly.

 

♪ I know you want it baby

Right now you and me hardcore

Til you say no more 

 

♪ I can't breathe 

 

Omo! I cover my face with my hands in embarrassment. These lyrics are so.... suggestive! Omo... Omo... ottoke? I can hear the stylist scolding me in fear that I'll ruin my make up but I didn't care. I knew I was as red as a tomato because my inexperienced heart can't handle this. And to think... I'm the leading lady that these lyrics are meant for... I look up at my reflection in the mirror and let the thought sink in before squealing again. This is too much... This is so embarrassing. Will I be able to perform well under these circumstances?!

 

"Alright," I feel hands on my shoulder, "You are all done!"

I look up to see the hair stylist smile at me through the reflection. "Good, I'm glad to see your make up isn't ruined." She squeezes my shoulders reassuringly, "Don't worry, I'm sure after he gets a look at you, he will be the flustered one." She winks before walking away, allowing me to really study my new look.

My hair and make up was simple and clean but it looked like I was glowing. My hair was nice and straight and cut off just at my collarbones. My bands were swept to the side, half covering my left eye. My skin looked flawless and my eyelashes looked so full from the single eyeliner. I looked like myself... but at the same time didn't. I looked almost... angelic.

 

"Dara!" A woman ran over to me and observed my face and hair, "Good, you look great! Now lets get you into your clothes and you'll be going on soon."

I quickly jump out of my chair and follow her to the rack of clothes in the corner of the room. She pushes a few hangers to the side before she finally finds the one meant for me.

"Here you are!" She pulls out the hanger and presents the garment before me. "This is for you."

My eyes bulge at the sight of the little white dress in front of me.

"T-T-This?! I'm supposed to w-wear this?!" I try to keep my voice steady but failed. The woman tilts her head in wonder and states as a matter of fact, "Yes."

I gape at it some more but finally grab hold of it. Maybe it's better when it's on...

 


 

 

Nope. Not better. Worse. Much worse. I awkwardly make my way over to the set where I was directed to go while trying to make sure the dress wasn't riding up in the back. I was only a few feet away when I spotted Jiyong wearing a black blazer over a white graphic tee and grey jeans. His attention was completely on the screen playing back what they've just recorded.

My heart was beating so fast and suddenly began to worry about how I looked. I ended up getting close enough to look over Jiyong and the director’s shoulder as they watched the recording.

"It's good, Jiyong. I don't think we need to do another take." The director says honestly.

"I don't know. This part just doesn't look right. I think we might need to do it again." Jiyong says with a serious tone while pointing at the screen.

"I like it. I think it looks good." I add in simply.

"Reall--" Jiyong turns upon hearing my voice but stops once he sees me. His eyes move up and down briefly before I watch his face turn a shade of red. He uses one hand to cover his nose and mouth.

 

"O-Oh. Cool. I mean, thanks... I mean... Uh. Yeah okay, we can just move on then. I'll go change." He turns around quickly and begins walking to the changing room. Suddenly, he stops midway, turns back to me while taking off his blazer and wraps it around my shoulders tightly. I look up at him puzzled but he doesn't meet my gaze.

"Wear this when you aren't recording. Take it off only if you are on set. Then put it back on when you are done." He says swiftly before turning away again and towards his dressing room.

I just stare blankly at his retreating back, slightly disappointed by his strange reaction. Suddenly, I hear a laugh from behind me and see that it's coming from the director.

"What a silly man. So easily flustered." He laughs to himself before looking at me, "You look very nice, Miss..."

"Park. Park Sandara." I respond and bow to him.

"Ah... The Sandara I've heard so highly about. I'm very excited to be working with you today."

I blush at his praise and bow once more, "I will work hard."

"Don't be nervous." He says as he lowers his voice, "I am aware of your... 'situation' and where you are coming from. I will be expecting nothing more, but nothing less." He gives me a warm smile before standing up and leading me towards the set.

"Here is where we will start. You will just stand here in the middle and move along with the sheets." He points in the middle of a huge white sheet connected with the floor in a dome-like shape. Fans were blowing around it causing it to move and bend in different ways.

I nod as I observed it and already begin to map out what I could do until I realize a key factor.

"What about Jiyong?" I ask the director.

"He won't be in this scene. The main focus will be you."

I gulp at the thought as nervousness settles in my stomach.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine. Just relax and move however you want to move. Remember, you will be playing two different personalities. When you are wearing white, you are an innocent but playful. When you are wearing black, you are seductive and mysterious." He gives me a reassuring smile, "You can do it. When Jiyong thinks so highly of someone, there is no doubt that they have talent."

 

With that he leaves me and makes his way behind the camera, "Whenever you're ready."

I position myself amongst the sheets and nod at the director with a new feeling of determination. I begin to smile as I think of how funny yet strange it was that even though we were rooms apart, Jiyong still manages to give me the strength I need.

 

 

~*Jiyong's POV*~

I slip on the white blazer as I make my way out the dressing room and towards the set where I last left Dara. Unknowingly, my feet were walking at a faster pace than usual as I find myself there within minutes. I look around and focus on the moving sheets but no Dara. My eyes set on the director sitting in front of the monitor.

"How'd it go?" I ask anxiously as I make my way closer only catching a glimpse of Dara on screen before it is faded out.

"It was really great." The director turns to me giving me the biggest smile I've seen him wear, "She's really something Jiyong."

I smile and can't help but feel proud. "That's good. Did she seem nervous? Flustered? Uncomfortable?"

The director shakes his head, "Nope, she immediately jumped into character and portrayed her perfectly. It seems mentioning your name, worked." He mumbled, not letting me catch the last bit of what he said.

"What?"

"Oh nothing, I'm excited to see how this next scene will turn out." The director grins.

 

We make our way over to the set where the bed and piano key flooring were. As I get closer, I see Dara's back and see that she is still wearing my jacket like I told her. I clear my voice and straighten up, "Hey." I try to say coolly but almost feel my voice crack.

She turns around while tightly clutching my jacket around her and covering her clothes. "H-Hi." She stutters while slightly blushing. There is a moment of silence before I could come up with something decent to say.

"H-How are you?" What?! That was stupid, try again. "I mean, how is it so far? You doing okay?"

"It's... good. The first shoot went well I think... The director seemed to like it, although I think I could've done better..." She looks down her grip tightens around the collar of the jacket.

I place my hand on her shoulder causing her to look up at me. She looked so amazingly beautiful even with only a bit of make-up on. "I'm sure you were great. The director is one of the best. If he liked it, you couldn't have done better." I tell her honestly.

"Alright everyone. Places! We will start in five." Someone calls out as everyone rushes to their places. The director makes his way towards us with a wide grin.

"You two ready?" He asks us both which we respond with a nod. He brings us closer to the set, "Dara, I'll have you start at the bed..." I feel her tense up beside me, "And Jiyong, start here in the front." She immediately relaxes and I hear a sigh of relief. I couldn't help but smile at how obvious she was being.

As we make our way to our places, I keep my attention forward as Dara goes to the bed behind me. An assistant calls out to her to grab the jacket before we do a run through.

"Alright, we will just practice once to make sure it all looks good." The director's voice booms around the set. "Just run through it like we've practiced, good? Play music!"

 

The song starts at the bridge as I mouth the words, waiting to feel Dara's presence from behind me. Right on cue, I feel her hand on my right shoulder and look to the left in response. I turn my head towards her direction where I should see her walking away from me and there she was. No wonder she was covering herself so tightly earlier... she was practically wearing lingerie! It was a long white see-though top that cut just below the end of the white silk shorts she was wearing underneath exposing her long legs. I don't know how long it was but I was dragged out of my thoughts when I heard the director yelling to stop the music.

"Jiyong!"

"Y-Yes!" I respond quickly as I tear my eyes away from Dara.

"Something wrong?" I could be wrong, but I heard a tint of amusement in the director's voice.

"Nope. Nothing. I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention." I bow apologetically as I feel Dara's eyes on me.

"It's fine. Those things happen." Yep. The director is amused. "Let's start again from the top!"

 

I let out a sigh and shake out my thoughts as I wait for the music to begin again. I wait for Dara to approach me again and move just as choreographed. I watch her walk away, turn back to me with a flick of her hair and reach for my hand. As I watched her, it was clear she was a bit uncomfortable and stiff but she still performed well. We spin around each other and make it to the floor where she lays down in front of me. I place my arm over her and lean in towards her face as she looks back at me. As I push myself over her and she rolls over me, I make my way into a sitting position and wait for her to draw herself to me. The last few counts we share looks and glances before I'm supposed to bring my eyes to the camera and lean into her embrace.

"Cut!" The director calls out as everyone relaxes. My heart was beating uncontrollably and I knew it wasn't just from the choreography. "That was good everyone."

I stand up and help Dara up who also seemed a bit flushed.

"It seems everyone knows what to do, so let's start filming!"

I groan inside my head as I think back to the closeness between Dara and I... and what she was wearing. Ugh...

 

If this doesn't end soon, I might die of frustration.

*BlueNote*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Updated! My computer is fixed
And I will be taking my last exam for now tomorrow!
SO you all know what that means :)
Hopefully we can look forward to regular updates again!
WOOHOO!
Anyways, hope you all enjoy this chapter :)

Thank you all for the comments and subscriptions and upvotes!
I love you all
Keep commenting!! I missed you guys!

 

*If you are confused about layout/weird details that seem wrong+right at the same time, please read the story description!*