Chapter 15

Love, Symmetry & Rhythm

Chapter 15

“Good job everyone! You all looked great. Keep practicing and I expect all of you to know it by heart next week.” I smile at the class in front of me as they all bow and begin to exit the room.

I walk over to the stereo system and unplug my iPod before going over and gathering my things. Just as I zipped up my bag, I hear the sound of the door open and close.

“Excuse me…”

Expecting one of my students, I turn and smile, “Yes? Did you forget somethi—”

My smile changes as my mouth opens in shock, what is he doing here?

 

“Y-youngbae…?” I stutter, still confused on why he would show up at the dance studio I worked at.

His face is serious at first but it changes into a smirk.

“What? No, Youngyang or BaeTae? Have you forgotten me as a friend already Dara?” The words pinch my heart and I am filled with regret.

 

It’s been a week now since the auditions, the night I cried my heart out. After that, I went back to living my old life and going on like normal. Except not everything was the way it was.

“Why have you been ignoring me?” Youngbae asks now with a serious expression. I gulp, unsure of how to answer.

I wasn’t purposely ignoring him. The next day, after the auditions, I saw all of the texts and missed calls from Youngbae. But I knew why he was calling, to ask about what happened and why instead of me, Sohee was at practice the next morning. I didn’t want to talk about it. I didn’t want to relive that feeling of disappointment and defeat. Luckily, I didn’t have to deal with Sohee this entire week. The only thing I got from her was a text, scolding me about not waiting for her that night and that she was going to be busy the next few weeks practicing with… G-Dragon.

 

“I’m sorry…” is all I can manage to say. I try to put on a smile, “I’ve just been so busy with work and that day just completely drained me.” I laugh awkwardly as I grab my bag.

Youngbae eyes me clearly not believing a thing I said, but he doesn’t press any further. I sigh in relief and walk towards him.

“So what are you doing here?” I say nonchalantly, “Don’t you have practice?”

He lets me pass as we walked together out of the studio. “Well, first, I was worried about you. I thought you died, but clearly you are still breathing.” He says with a dash of annoyance. I smile apologetically but really don’t want to touch upon the subject anymore.

“And second… you need to come with me.” He cuts in front of me forcing me to stop in my tracks.

I furrow my brows as anticipation begins to grow inside of me. “Where…?” I ask hesitantly. He puts both hands on my shoulders, anchoring me in place as if I am going to run away at what he was going to say next.

“The YG Entertainment building.”


“So why am I going back there again…” I ask frustrated while sitting in the front seat of Youngbae’s car.

“YG sajangnim wanted to speak with you. He asked me to go and get you.” Youngbae replied keeping his eyes on the road.

I roll my eyes, “I know that, you told me that a hundred times already. What does he want to talk to me about?”

“I don’t know.” I really wanted to punch him, it’s a good thing for him he was driving. I groan and face forward watching us speed through traffic. My eyes fix on the road ahead of us as I let my mind go back to our conversation at the studio.

~*Flashback*~

“Why should I go back there?” I try not to yell. I push his hands off my shoulders and walk past him, but feel his hand on my wrist pull me back.

“Why not? Don’t you want to hear what YG has to say?”

“No, not really.” I try to say firmly as possible although somewhere deep in my mind is screaming yes.

He paused before continuing, “You’re lying.”

Anger consumes me and I swipe my arm out of his grasp.

“What right do you have to say that I’m lying! There you go again making judgments about me when you hardly even know me!” I can’t seem to control the volume in my voice anymore. I didn’t even know why I was being so defensive.

“I really don’t care about any of that anymore. I don’t want to hear anything from them about being sorry or pitying me. I don’t need that. I don’t care. So just leave me alone!”

 

“NO.” Youngbae’s voice overpowers mine with one single word. "I'll never leave you alone." He grabs me by my shoulders and shakes me, anger in his eyes, “What are you running away from?! It’s true, I don’t know you. I don’t know who this person right in front of me is. But, the Park Sandara that I know wouldn’t run away. When I judged her and challenged her, she challenged me back. She showed me how wrong I was about her. When G-Dragon barked at her, she barked back and put him under her spell. So where is that Park Sandara now? Where is she?!”

 

Tears began to fill my eyes despite my efforts of holding them back. I can’t cry. I can’t cry in front of Youngbae. But it was too late, the tears were out and I was so tired. So tired of running away, of pushing everything away, of crying. Youngbae was right. Yes, I was hurt and felt weak and I never wanted to put myself in that situation ever again. But I was also angry and demanded from the world an answer. I knew that what I did at the auditions was the best I’ve ever performed. I was different. I was unique. I wasn’t satisfied with the answer they gave me and I never will be.

 

Soon I felt my head against Youngbae’s chest listening to his racing heart while his arms wrapped around me. We stayed like that for a while, ignoring the looks we were getting from the strangers around us. Finally, I put my hands against his chest and gently pushed him away. Wiping away my tears, I look up at him, “Where’s your car?”

He smiles down at me and ruffles the top of my head, “Welcome back, Dara.”

~*End of Flashback*~

 

“Geez, don’t be so annoyed at me just because I saw you cry.” Youngbae glances at me from the corner of his eyes and smirks.

I feel myself blush, “I am NOT. You are just annoying…” I trail off and pout. He laughs while making a right.

“Arraso, arraso. I’m sorry.” He stops the car and turns to look at me. “Well, we are here.” I look forward and see the oh-so-familiar building. My heart begins to race just at the sight of it, bringing back a rush of memories.

Youngbae gets out the car, moves around the front and opens the passenger side door. I get out of the car slowly and look up at the building again, suddenly doubting myself.

“You ready?” I look at Youngbae and his extended hand.

I nod and grab his hand with a smile. The warmth and comfort from his hand immediately puts me at ease.

 

“Ready.”

And just like that Youngbae lead me into the building I once swore I’d never step foot in again.

 

*BlueNote*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
AND that will be all for the updates tonight! (It's 2 AM here X.X)
But thank you for reading/waiting and I hope you will continue to enjoy this story!

Who here is falling in love with Youngbae? Or is his charm not really working for you?
Let me know it the comments! I'd love to hear about it!

To the new subscribers: Hello! And I love you! And THANK YOU for taking the time to read and subscribe! I look forward to updating for you guys!
To the old subscribers: I absolutely ADORE you guys and can't find the words to say to show how much I appreciate you all.
To all the commenters: You are the best. I love reading what you guys have to say and see where you guys think the story is going.

You are all amazing. I love you all and hope to continue to write for you. Thank you and goodnight~

*If you are confused about layout/weird details that seem wrong+right at the same time, please read the story description!*