Chapter 62

Love, Symmetry & Rhythm

Chapter 62

 

♪ I’m officially missing you… 

 

My mind is in a haze when I come to but it begins to register the music that was playing in my ears. I open my eyes and all that welcomes me is darkness. I straighten up in my seat in surprise but remember the events leading up to where I was now. I should be in Jiyong’s car… he blindfolded me…we went out somewhere. I was calming down a bit until I realized something else was off. The car wasn’t moving… and Jiyong was no longer holding my hand.

I quickly pulled out the earphones and called out to him.

“Jiyong?” There was no answer. “Jiyong!” I call out again but this time louder.

When there was still no reply, I tried to reach out to the seat beside me but it was empty. I was about to take off my blindfold when I hear the car unlock itself and the driver side door opened and someone slid in.

“Oh, you’re awake already?” I hear his voice, bringing my heart back down to a steady pace.

“I thought I told you not to let go of my hand.” I whined, unable to stop the words from flowing out of my mouth.

He chuckled and grabbed my hand again, giving it a little squeeze.

“I’m sorry, I had to go get you sunglasses because I forgot to bring them for you.”

“Bring them for me…?” I ask curiously as I listen to the rustling of plastic.

“Go ahead and take off your blindfold. Keep your face forward and make sure you close your eyes before you take it off, so you don’t hurt your eyes.”

“Eh? So we are here already?” I ask excitedly while fumbling with the knot of the blindfold at the back of my head.

“Yep, we’re here.” He replies with a smile.

I close my eyes like told before I removed the blindfold. Once it was off, I could see the bright sunlight shining through my eyelids. Finally, when I was ready, I slowly opened my eyes to take in the view before me.

It took me a moment to clearly see as the light was slightly blinding but once my eyes adjusted I saw blue and yellow making my mouth drop.

 

“Oh my god!!” I exclaim and jump in my seat, “We’re at the beach!!” My eyes scan over the golden yellow glow of the sand that merges into the deep blue ocean. Small waves were crashing over each other, creating the white line connecting the sea to the sand.

“It’s been so long since I’ve been to the beach!” I clap excitedly with the hugest smile on my face. “I can’t believe it!” I turned to look at Jiyong, “How did you know—“

But the sight of him stopped me mid sentence and made me instantly blush. His bed head was gone from this morning and was now slightly hidden underneath a dotted baseball cap. He was wearing a simple long sleeved black shirt with knee length ripped jean pants. It wasn’t just his undeniable good looks that blew me away but the way he was looking at me. It was so concentrated and… compassionate… as if he was observing my every move and reaction I made, and was locking it away somewhere that only he could see.

 

I didn’t realize how long I was staring at him until he spoke.

“Here, put this on.” He said with a smile while grabbing pink-rimmed sunglasses from his lap.

“Eh?”

He unfolded the sunglasses and put them on for me. Then he reached into the bag in the back seat and pulled out a beanie and a mask.

“It might be too hot outside for the mask but doesn’t hurt to carry it around. Luckily, it looks like there aren’t that many people around.” He said while placing them on my lap. I picked them up to look at them closely, making sure that I really did recognize them.

“These are…” I begin but he cuts me off while adjusting his hat in the rear view mirror.

“The ones from your bag.” He says nonchalantly but worry instantly fills me to the brim. “I grabbed them while you were hiding out in the bathroom.”

Then that means… he probably saw my…

 

“I noticed this already last night,” He began before turning to look at me with his lopsided smirk, a glimmer of pure evil in his eyes, “but you have an interesting taste in underwear. You even like to match with your bra.”

I gawk at him in shock as blood rushes to my face. My hands let go of the beanie and mask that fall into my lap. He takes in my expression for a little longer before grabbing the beanie and putting it on my head for me. My whole body would not move an inch.

“So,” He says while leaning back and giving me a once over before meeting my eyes again, “which ones are you wearing right now? The pink zebra printed one or the ones with the little ducks?”

The ducks.

 

“Lemme guess…” He his chin thoughtfully while eyeing me. “The… ducks?”

Despite my efforts to keep my face completely still, my eye twitches that doesn’t go unnoticed. He smiles widely and snaps his fingers.

“Bingo.”

I finally started to get the control of my body back as my heart was pumping blood through my veins like crazy.

“Jiyong…” I say much more menacingly than I thought I could. My hand slowly reaches past my lap and unbuckles my seat belt.

“Uh oh. Should start running?” He laughs nervously while quickly unbuckling his seatbelt and putting one hand on the door handle.

I glare at him and nodded. Within seconds, he was out of the car and running towards the beach but I was also out and not too far behind.

“YOU ARE SO DEAD! YAH!” I yell after him and run with all my might. As if he couldn’t be anymore annoying, he even started running backwards while laughing AND had time to pull out his car keys to lock the car!

 

“Come on, babe. Come at me!” He finally stopped and had his arms wide open towards me. As I got closer to him, my initial plan of tackling him dissipated when I saw that boyish grin of his that melted my heart. Eventually a smile formed on my face just as I jumped and wrapped my arms around his neck, embracing him in a hug. I felt his arms wrap around my waist tightly before he lifted me off my feet and began spinning me around.

“Kya! Stop!!” I squealed while laughing and held onto him even tighter.

“I’m never letting you go!” He yelled and spun me around faster.

 

“Mommy! Look at those people!” A child’s high pitch voice interrupted us and slowed us down to a stop. We looked over, still embracing, at the child who was tugging at her mother’s pants.

“Eunji, don’t look.” She replied and turned her child away before giving us a disapproving look and walked away.

I turn my attention back to Jiyong who does the same towards me and give him a sheepish smile. He releases his hold around my waist, letting me reach the ground and takes the facemask from my hand.

“I guess we should still be safe,” He says softly while putting the mask over my mouth and nose and wrapping the straps around my ears, “since we might be drawing a lot of attention today.”

“I guess so…” I say while pouting, slightly disappointed that we can’t act comfortably even during a date.

“There. That should do it.” He inspects my face before giving me a smile, “And don’t be so sad. It won’t stop me from doing what I want.”

“And what do you want?” I ask curiously but hoping that he wanted the same as me.

“Right now? Hmm…” He pretends to think before holding me by the shoulders and leaning in to give me a quick peck on my lips through the mask. I still got that tingly sensation I always get whenever he kissed me. He pulls back and grins, “There. That should satisfy me for a few seconds.”

 

“Where’d you learn that from? A Korean drama?” I smile but lightly hit his arm, “So corny…”

“Maybe.” He says and holds out his hand to me, “Speaking of corn… Come on. Let’s go find something to eat.”

“Mm!” I reply happily while taking his hand.

He led us away from the beach and towards the long street of stands selling all kinds of food and merchandise. But all I could focus on was our joined hands and thinking about how lucky we were that despite everything, we could still do the things that couples do.


 

“Dirsh won (This one)!”

“No.”

“Hrmm…. Dirsh won (Hmm… This one)!” I point at the tie-dye rimmed sunglasses on the table and look at Jiyong expectantly.

“Still no.” He says with his steadfast expression. “And stop talking with your mouth full. You’re going to choke.”

“Ahar! Dirsh won fer sur! Dirsh won ish deferniter yor (Aha! This one for sure! This one is definitely you)!” I chew in between words and hold up a pair of completely gold sunglasses in front of his face.

“That’s a definite ‘no’.”

“Whart?! Wh—(What?! Wh—)” I began but instead start coughing from almost choking on the piece of dukbokki I was chewing on.

“See? I told you you’d choke.” Jiyong says with a sigh while patting me hard on the back. “Are you okay? Do you need water?”

 

As soon as I was regaining my composure, I pushed his questions aside to talk about what was important. “Why don’t you like any of the sunglasses I’ve picked out for you?!”

“Because, I don’t need sunglasses.” He says and points at the ones he is wearing now. “I already have.”

“I know you do, but that’s not the point!” I whine and point to the stand then at the pink sunglasses I was wearing, “Didn’t you say you bought my sunglasses at this stand?”

“I did. So?” He asks, clearly not getting where I was going with this.

“So,” I pause for emphasis and pick up the gold sunglasses again, “we have to get you a matching one too! Then we can both have something from our date!”

Understanding lights his face but he shakes his head in disbelief, “That’s what you’re trying to do? Don’t bother. I can’t wear something like this!”

“Why not?!”

“Because I am G—“ He stops suddenly and looks around before lowering his voice for only me to hear, “I’m G-Dragon. The one who has been recently named the ‘Fashion Icon of Korea’! A Fashionista! I can’t be seen wearing something like that.” He whispers while pointing at the sunglasses I was holding.

“It’s not like I’m telling you to wear it to your next concert or fan signing!” I also whisper but keep my resistance, “That’s not the point of couple items! Plus, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen ‘G-Dragon’ wear MUCH weirder and tackier things than these!”

His eyes widen and mouth drops a little, “What?!” He looks like he is about to say something but decides against it, “Aish! Forget it! I’m still not doing it. I’ll get us a different couple item!” He says while crossing his arm and turning his head away like a little kid. If I wasn’t so stubborn about this I probably would’ve gave in.

 

“Fine, then.” I say and mimic his stance by crossing my arms; “I guess that just means you aren’t my boyfriend then.”

“What?!” His head abruptly turns to me and I can see the shock in his eyes, “Why?!”

“Because my REAL boyfriend would wear something tacky like this for me, even if it’s silly.” I turn away from him with my nose in the air, “But since you refuse, I guess I’ll just have to fin—“

“Ahjumma!” Jiyong suddenly directs his attention to the lady behind the stand with a slightly altered voice, “I’ll take this one, please.”

I look over my shoulder to see him handing the lady a pair of bright neon yellow rimmed sunglasses.

“Eh, why did you pick the yellow one?” I turn back around and hook onto his arm, “It’s so plain and boring. The ones I picked were so much cooler.”

“Because yellow is my favorite color, alright? Now, stop complaining!” He says and lightly pushes the middle of my forehead with his finger. I giggle and smile up at him, realizing that I never knew what his favorite color was before. With this new knowledge, it made me really happy.

 

Once we received his sunglasses and began walking away, I quickly grabbed them out of his hands and lowered my head to hide my eyes.

“Yah, now what are you doing?”

I quickly took off my own pink sunglasses and replaced them with Jiyong’s yellow ones. Once I was sure I was covered, I lifted my face up again and made Jiyong bend his face down too. Quickly and skillfully, I pulled off the pair of sunglasses he was already wearing and replaced them with my pink ones.

“There!” I say and pull back to inspect my bright idea, “Now we are super couple-y! You’re wearing my favorite color and I’m wearing yours!”

He chuckles a little and adjusts my sunglasses so that they’d rest more comfortably, “You’re so lame.”

I giggle and stick out my tongue at him. I slip my hand down to his and our fingers intertwine naturally. “And you’re corny.”

“I guess that means we are a perfect match.” He states as we continue down the sidewalk along the beach. Upon seeing the next merchandise stand, I remember something from earlier.

 

“Oh by the way, what was with your voice earlier?” I ask while looking up at him, “When you were buying the sunglasses, your voice changed.”

“Oh, that?” He says still looking forward, his eyes occasionally looking at the little lights and toys they were selling, “It’s just in case I’m recognized by my voice.”

I stop abruptly, my mouth dropped open a little, “You’re kidding.”

He stops as well and says completely serious, “Really.”

“No one is going to recognize you just based on your voice!” I said in amazement and almost wanted to start laughing, “That’s just too intense!”

“You never know! I have a very unique voice for a Korean male. And there’s some people who like to listen to recordings of me speaking all the time.” He argues, still with that same completely not-joking expression.

“You’re so full of yourself!” I finally begin to laugh and hit his arm a couple of times.

He smiles and shrugs before pulling my hand to move onto the next stand. “Maybe, but it’s better to be safe than sorry.”

I wipe the tears at the corner of my eyes from laughing as an idea pops into my head. “What other voices can you do then?”

“Hmm. I don’t know. Probably a lot.” He says while looking at me, obviously intrigued by the challenge, “Give me a theme and I’ll try it.”

“Alright.” I say with excitement. As we get closer and closer to the stand, I whisper to him the first thing that pops into my mind, “American accent. Go.”

He glances at me and nods before clearing his throat.

[[A/N: Blue font are words/phrases said in English!]]

Wow~! Daybak (Daebak)! All of these things are really one of a kind!” He suddenly exclaimed, adding extra sounds and syllables here and there.

“Ahh, yes. All of these items are handmade by me and my wife.” The old man behind the counter beamed.

“Chingcha (Chincha)? What do you think, baby? Do you want to buy some home?” He continued the accent perfectly while nudging me. I was trying so hard not to burst out laughing but managed to shake my head ‘no’.

“Aw, bianghe ahjuhshi. They look really nice though.” Jiyong says apologetically as I gripped onto his hand. His accent was starting to get too ridiculous.

“Don’t worry, thank you for taking a look.” The old man gave us a warm smile but was eyeing us carefully. At first I thought he might have seen right through Jiyong’s act, but suddenly he asked, “Are you not from around here? You’re Korean sounds different.”

“How could you tell, ahjuhshi? I’m from America. Los Angeles. Just in Korea for the week.” Jiyong just kept going and I was at my limit. I kept tugging on his sleeve for us to leave before I cracked.

“No wonder. Young people are always traveling. Well, I hope you enjoy the rest of Korea.” The man smiled at us as we bid our goodbyes and continued on our way.

 

I was practically pulling Jiyong as fast as I could before finally letting it all out, doubling over while holding my stomach.

“I can’t believe it!!” I exclaimed, “He actually thought you were not from here!”

“Pretty impressive, right?” Jiyong was laughing a bit as well with a triumphant look on his face. Now, listening to him speak normally had become weird to me.

When I finally calmed down, I looked at the remaining stands left then turned to him, “Let’s see what else you can do.”

 

We went from stand to stand and at each one Jiyong had a new voice. He even was able to imitate YG sajangnim, Seungri, and Bom almost perfectly, but of course it didn’t generate as much of a response from the stand owners as it did on me. I felt my abs got a pretty decent workout from laughing so hard and for so long.

Finally, we got to the last stand on the street that was being run by a young woman. Before we got any closer, I stopped walking.

“What’s wrong?” He asks, “Not having fun anymore?”

I shake my head, “No. It’s a lot of fun. But I just want to try something.”

“What is it?”

“For this last one, you should try talking normally. Let’s see if you really can be recognized by your voice.”

Jiyong looks over at the stand and notices the age of the woman. She was probably around the right age to at least be a little aware of who G-Dragon is. He looked back at me and I could already see the disapproval on his face.

“No way, Dara. That’s too risky.” He says while shaking his head, “What if I do get found out, then both of our covers will be blown.”

“That’s why I’ll stay over here.” I take a step back, putting myself even further from the stand to emphasize my point. “If anything does happen, we’ll just pretend we don’t know each other and get out.”

“Plus, you’re wearing a hat, I’ll give you my mask, and you’re wearing sunglasses that G-Dragon would never wear, right? What more is there to worry about?” I continue to push, “Isn’t it tiring that you even have to change your voice when you’re outside? Maybe after this, you won’t need to do that anymore.”

He was silent for a moment as I watched the imaginary cogs in his head turn. Finally, he nodded and started adjusting his hat to hide all of his hair while I handed him my mask. “Alright. I’ll give it a shot. But if something goes wrong, I’ll leave in the opposite direction, so hide. Arraso?”

I nod and help him tuck in a little bit of his blonde hair into the cap. When I give him the okay, he sighs and gives me a quick kiss on my head before turning to the stand.

 

I lean back on the rock wall behind me and watch his every move. From far away, I could see that he was nervous, everything about his demeanor screamed ‘suspicious’, which made me slightly worried how obvious it might be up close. From this distance, I could barely make out the sound of him speaking. A few more seconds passed and Jiyong is still as stiff as a rock, but he hasn’t tried running away. That should be a good sign, right? Finally, after just a little longer, Jiyong slowly turned around and made his way straight towards me. Seeing that this meant we were safe, I left the wall and covered the rest of the distance.

 

“She didn’t recognize you?” I ask once we stopped in front of each other. He slowly takes off the mask and hands it back to me, allowing me to see his blank expression.

“Nope, she didn’t.” He replied. I could hear the pleasant surprise in his voice, “I was even speaking loudly too.”

“See? I told you, you were just full of yourself!” I laughed and nudged him with my elbow. Our hands met like usual as we began walking over towards the beach, Jiyong was still in a daze.

 

“Hey, what are you thinking about?” I ask curiously while nudging him.

He was silent for a bit before he answered, “I’m thinking I need to make that girl my fan.”

I shake my hand away from his, “What? Why do you need to do that?!”

His stupid little smirk was back on his face again, “Because, I need all the girls of Korea to be crazy about me. I have a feeling she could become my biggest fan.”

I glare at him before grabbing onto his arm and forcefully pull him away from the sidewalk stands, “Unbelievable! No! I won’t let you. Besides, I am your number one fan and that’s all you should need!”

I hear him chuckle from behind me as I continued to pull him closer to the beach.

“Arraso, arraso. You’re my number one fan.” He calls out before stopping me by grabbing onto my wrist with his other hand.

I turn around to send him another glare but am surprised when I feel something wrap around my wrist. My eyes look down and see a thin red string bracelet with a small golden disk hanging from it. I looked up in surprise at Jiyong who was smiling at me with warmth.

 

“A gift for my number one fan… as a thanks for always supporting me.” He says softly before holding up his left wrist with the exact same red string. “And now I’ll always have you with me.”

I don’t know why. The whole thing was so simple… the date, the bracelet, his words… they were all very simple things but were also so beautiful that it touched my heart. So, I don’t know why such simply beautiful things could make a silly girl like me cry.

He wiped away the falling tears from my cheeks before pulling me into his embrace, resting his chin on the top of my head.

 

“You are… so… corny…” I said in between breaths as I bury my face into his chest.

“I know. But you love it.” He says with a smile.

And all I could do was nod.

*BlueNote*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Another update! Hope you all enjoy ^^
Happy DG moments in celebration of recent DG convo!
Hooray
Applers <3

Sorry if it's a little short, but I kind of liked the way it ended :3

Thank you for all the comments+subscriptions
Love to hear from you all always~
Let me know what you all think!

Follow me on twitter for updates+other DG related things
xMsBlueStarx

 

*If you are confused about layout/weird details that seem wrong+right at the same time, please read the story description!*