Chapter 19

Love, Symmetry & Rhythm

Chapter 19

“No, thank you.” I turn around and head to the stereo system to turn off the music. “Youngbae is going to be here soon, so I won’t be needing your help.”

I turn to smile, “Anyways, I’m sure you are a very bus—“

I am cut off when I realized that he is now standing right in front of me, his arms on both sides of me resting on the stereo, I’m trapped.

He leans his head closer and closer to my face. I’m pretty sure I’ve stopped breathing. I try my best not to combust to such close proximity to my ex-idol… but it couldn’t be ignored how handsome he was… especially just inches from my face.

“Hey. What are you doing?” I try to keep my voice steady and calm but that was the opposite of what was going on inside of me.

“What do you mean?” He said seductively, I could feel the touch of his breath on my lips. Oh god. Finally, I find the strength to push him away. It seems he wasn’t expecting it because it was fairly easy.

I quickly move out of the way and walk past him towards my things. “Please don’t do things like that, it is very inappropriate in this working environment and someone could’ve seen and misunderstood…” A flash of Youngbae’s face popped up in my mind.

Then I feel his grip around my wrist before he pulls me into him.

“You mean my friend, Youngbae?” He emphasizes the words ‘my friend’ as he moves his face closer. I’m looking at him straight in the eye and I can’t read what he is thinking. He’s completely blank… lost.

 

What is happening? Why is he doing this?! I’m screaming in my head but I can’t seem to move. My body won’t respond. Youngbae… YOUNGBAE!

 

Just as I thought his lips were about to touch mine, I hear him whisper.

“C’mon, isn’t this what you wanted? You don’t have to play with Youngbae anymore, I’m right here, baby.”

My eyes widen, anger appears out of nowhere and rushes to my right hand. Before I know it, I see my hand contact with G-Dragon’s cheek and the sound of my slap echoes throughout the studio.

 

Time seemed to have stopped. My adrenaline was bubbling over and I start to feel the throbbing of my hand. But I was angry, so angry.

“HOW DARE YOU!” I raise my voice. Eyes on him as I see his dumbfounded expression. One hand over his cheek, he focuses his eyes on me and I can see confusion. “Don’t think you know who I am and what my values are just because you are so used to girls THROWING THEMSELVES AT YOU.” I’m shaking now. I don’t know if it’s from the anger or what.

“Who do you think I am? Huh? Some girl that you can just play with? Some girl that you don’t even know.” My voice lowers another notch but I still have strength in my voice.

“Wake up G-Dragon-ssi. Yes, I did say once that I admired you and you were my idol. But those feelings are LONG gone now. And even if they were still here, THAT” I gesture towards him, “was NEVER my intention.”

I turn away and grab my bag. Just as I was about to leave the room, his voice stops me, “Then why don’t you just leave then?” I turn to look at him. His hand is no longer cradling his cheek and the confusion in his eyes before has now spread throughout his whole face. “Why don’t you just quit?”

“Because I am here to learn, to improve myself, to dance, and to entertain.” I say calmly as I stare back at him, making sure he heard every word, “Which clearly, you aren’t.”

I exit the studio and slam the door shut behind me. While walking down the hall, I replay the last thing I said to him.

Quit? Yeah, right. I clench my fists just thinking about the absurdity of it all.

 

There’s nothing that can get in the way of my purpose for being here. Not even G-Dragon.

 

~*Jiyong’s POV*~

I sink to the floor in defeat as her last remark echoes in my head, ‘which clearly, you aren’t

Ugh… what the hell am I doing?

Obviously, I have snapped out of whatever trance I was in earlier since I am now feeling the full regret and embarrassment from what I just did .I try to make sense of everything that just happened now and I can’t. What ticked me off so much to do that?

And as if answer my question, Youngbae walks into the room.

“Oh, Jiyong…” He looks around the room but doesn’t find what he’s looking for… who he is looking for.

“’Sup Youngbae…” I try to say nonchalantly while looking at the plastic bag he’s carrying. The smell of food is starting to fill the room.

“It’s just you in here?” He asks. I look at him for a moment, wondering if I should tell him the truth, finally I answer, “Yeah, why what’s up? You looking for someone?”

His eyes goes wide for a bit but he shakes his head, “Ah no it’s nothing. Just wondering.” He looks into the bag then back up at me, “Anyways, I got to get going. I’ll see ya later at practice.”

“Alright, see ya man.” I say and watch him leave the room.

 

I knew who he was looking for. I remember now why I was so annoyed. I think back watching Dara and Youngbae exiting the dance studio together… holding hands, him carrying her bag, laughing, teasing, flirting… My heart pinches a little just remember the sight.

I sigh and lie down on my back and stare up at the ceiling of the studio. I don’t understand anymore… isn’t she supposed to be “in love” with me… obsessed with me?

 I think about how she has talked to me, looked at me, what she said to me ‘those feelings are LONG gone… THAT was never my intention’.

Images of her blushing and getting flustered around Youngbae come into my mind. She’s so different when she’s around him.

‘She is…really obsessed with you.’ Sohee’s voice rings in my head. Is she? I felt my heart was about to explode with the conflicting feelings inside me. Thinking that she’s obsessed with me makes me both mad and happy at the same time… but then thinking that I might be wrong, that she might like someone else, relaxes me and tears my heart at the same time. This girl is really making me go insane… I’ve always had it together… I always knew what to do… How can one girl do this to me?

‘Don’t think you know who I am and what my values are…’ She was right. I didn’t know her. I didn’t know her at all. All of my assumptions have been based on another persons’… but at the same time, this person should be a reliable source… right? But so far, every time I believe in those assumptions about her… she always proves me wrong.

Then my thoughts go to Youngbae. He originally seemed to dislike Dara… thought her intentions were also suspicious… but now look at him, following her around like a puppy… What changed?

 

He danced with her.

I sat up again, feeling like I’m on to something… After he danced with her, they suddenly became good friends… I pondered this idea for a while. But, I also danced with her… how come I’m still like this now? I think back to when we danced… the feelings I had and what she made me feel. I could definitely feel something about her… something that made me believe in her and her talent… What is it that I’m missing?

I groan and throw myself back onto the floor in frustration, feeling like I’m going back to square one. What do I do… How will I solve this mystery of Park Sandara? I blink at the ceiling a couple of times, trying to sort through all my options, but I really don’t have much… only one.

 

Get to know her.

*BlueNote*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
So last update for the night! Sorry the updates have slowed down.
School has started again for the week so I will be busy being a (hopefully) good student!
I'll try my best to keep updating!

I really enjoyed all your comments about GD ^-^ Hehe he is quite the idiot and I'm sorry if I made any of you hate him
Hopefully, you'll be able to understand how confused (and dense) he is in this chapter!
But don't worry, he isn't THAT stupid ^^ It is G-Dragon after all!

As usual, thanks to all the subscribers and commenters AND THE VOTES.
I didn't understand the concept of them before but now I do and I feel truly honored!
Thank you all and please know that this fic is continuing because of all of you!
Love you all and hope you all have great days/week! <3
Till the next update~

*If you are confused about layout/weird details that seem wrong+right at the same time, please read the story description!*