Chapter 39

Love, Symmetry & Rhythm

Chapter 39

“Omo! It’s this time already?!” I exclaim when I look at my phone.

“Huh?” Youngbae takes out his phone and immediately stands up upon seeing the time, “What! 9:18?! When did that happen?”

I shrug and start cleaning up the food boxes in front of us. Youngbae does the same and throws everything in the trashcan next to us.

“Sorry to keep you out so late. I lost track of time.” He rubs the back of his head as we begin to leave the park.

“It’s fine.” I shake my head and smile brightly at him, “I lost track of time too but I had a lot of fun. Thanks for this. I really needed it.”

He puts his arm around my neck and pulls me closer to him to mess up the top of my head, “You know what you really need? A jacket. You are going to catch a cold wearing something like that at night.”

I look down at my sleeveless tank top and jeans that I was wearing. He was right, it was pretty chilly. He began to take off his own before I stopped him, “No, no. It’s fine! I have one in my bag.”

I my bag and see the sleeve of my jacket. Because I’m lazy and impatient, I yank it by the sleeve and cause almost everything else in my bag to spill out.

“Geez,” Youngbae laughs and bends over to pick up my stuff, “I’ll get it, you put your jacket on.”

“Sorry…” I say slightly embarrassed as I sling my jacket around me instantly welcoming the warmth. As I watch Younbae grab the last of my things, I notice something’s wrong. I look back in my now almost empty bag. Water bottle… makeup bag… towel… I look back at Youngbae’s hands and search the items. Wallet, keys, pencil case...

 

“AH!” I exclaim, “My notes!”

“Huh? Your notes?” He asks while dumping my stuff into my bag.

“My notebook with all my choreography! It’s not in here!” I fish through my bag again even though I’m 100% sure it’s not going to show up.

“Oh shoot, where’d you last see it?” Youngbae asks and double-checks the floor

My mind is rewinding now. I had it this morning… then we had practice… then I was looking through it while…

 

“I remember!” I hit Youngbae’s arm in excitement, “I remember!”

“Ow, okay! Stop hitting me. Now, where is— Yah! Wait!” He calls out to me as I start running back to the YG Building.

“It’s fine! I’ll go get it myself!” I call back to him, “Go home and get some rest! Thanks for tonight! Bye!”

“Yah!” I hear him call to me one last time before I speed off.

 

Once I see the building, I slow my pace down to a jog and make my way inside. I hope every thing isn’t closed… Finally, I reach the small dance studio I was in earlier today waiting for Jiyong.

Eh? The lights are still on?

I slowly push the door open just enough for me to peek inside. The first thing I see is my notebook at the front of the room. It’s still there! In my excitement, I swing the door open and make my way towards it. However, a figure on the floor stops me midway.

“J-Jiyong?!” I gasp and see him lying sideways on the floor, his back facing towards me. I watch his side move up and down rapidly with every breath he took. He was definitely conscious… but not responding.

“Jiyong…? Are you sleeping?” I tiptoe over towards him.

“Jiyong…” I bend down and hover over him now feeling the heat radiating from him, his face covered by his bangs.

As my hand get closer to brush his bangs out of his face, the heat was getting more and more obvious. I pushed his bangs to the side to see he was breathing heavily out of his mouth, pain was clearly written on his face as cold sweat was forming above his brow. I place my hand on his forehead and am shocked at the intensity of his fever. He was burning up.

“Oh my god, Jiyong!” I pull my hand back and look around for something, anything that would help. I look down at myself and remember my jacket. I quickly strip it off and throw it over him.

“Jiyong… Jiyong.” I rub his back, which I could still feel burning even through my jacket.

“O…Omma…” My heart twists seeing this man calling for his mom. I gently lift his head up and rest it on my folded lap. He snuggles his face into my jacket and I can only see his eyes and brows furrowed. “I’m… cold… body… hurts.”

I caress the top of his head, “I know… I know…” I look around the room still unsure of what to do. His fever was rising and this jacket is definitely not warm enough to sweat the cold out of him.

“Jiyong… listen. I need to take you home.” I cooed at him while brushing the hair out of his face. He keeps his eyes shut and shakes his head. “Jiyong. We need to take you home. Where do you live?”

He shakes his head again then brings the jacket over his face. I couldn’t help but notice how cute he was... YAH! Park Sandara, now is not the time for that! I slap the middle of my forehead a few times. Right. We need to get him out of here…

“Jiyong.” I rub his shoulder, “Jiyong, can you stand for me?”

No answer.

“Jiyong.”

Still no answer.

 

“Jiyongie…” Finally, a response. He peeks one eye from below my jacket and opens it slightly to look at me. I smile and brush his head, “Can you stand?”

It takes him a moment to nod. I help him up until he is sitting and move the jacket along his back so that he was loosely wearing it. Quickly, I rush over to my notebook, grab it and threw it into my bag. When I return to Jiyong, he was still sitting but slightly bent over, hanging his head.

“Jiyongie,” I kneel before him and place both hands on his burning face. I lift his head up so that we were looking at each other, “Let’s get you home, okay? Bare with me for a while, we will get you home.”

His eyes were still closed but he pouts and nods. Holding onto him with both hands, I help him up to his feet. As he stands up straight, I begin to doubt myself whether or not I could do this. After all, he’s still a man and I’m pretty small. Luckily for me, it seems he still has somewhat control over his limbs.

“Good Jiyongie,” I wrap my arm around his waist and place his arm for support around my shoulders, “Now, slowly…”

We begin to walk. His steps were small but we were getting somewhere. He was really burning up though, so much that my arm wrapped around his waist felt like it was going to burn with him.

 

Finally, when we reach the main entrance, he speaks breathlessly, “Face…”

“Omo, that’s right.” I look at his uncovered superstar face. I rummage through my bag to find my towel and wrap it around his nose and mouth. Then I quickly throw over the hood of my pink jacket over his head. I inspect his face again and feel somewhat comfortable with it. He wasn’t recognizable but did look a bit silly.

“I guess this will have to do for now… C’mon. Let’s get you home.”

 


 

With a full-grown man hunched over me, a bag on my shoulder, I fumble with my keys but manage to get the door open to my apartment. Even in the taxi, I couldn’t get him to tell me his address so this was the only place I could think of in such a short period of time.

I roughly kick off my shoes, drop my bag, and use everything I had to lead Jiyong over to the couch. I’m pretty sure he was at the brink of passing out especially with a towel covering up both of his nose and mouth.

“Almost… there…” I grunt as I start to sweat myself. But just as I was about to lay him down gently, my foot catches on something causing me to lose my balance.

“AHH!”

I close my eyes as I feel myself falling before landing on something… or rather someone. I try to push myself away but my arms were caught under his body, sandwiched between his back and the couch. My face was pressed to his warm chest and I could feel his arms wrapped tightly around my waist.

“Agh…” His voice growls underneath my ear from his chest. I lift my face up to see his and see that he is looking at me through half opened eyes. “Are… you okay?” he asks with a hoarse voice

“Y-Yes… Sorry…” I stutter fully taking in the position we were in… on my couch… alone. SANDARA, he’s a sick man! Stop your thoughts!

“Ahh, s-sorry!” I say again to no one in particular and try to free my arms. Finally, I pull them out from under him almost falling backwards again but somehow find my balance.

 

Okay, focus, right now! I studied the man in front of me lying on the couch. He still had my jacket and towel on him. Take those off first. I nod to my inner thoughts as I make my way over and gently pull my jacket off from under him and unwrap the now slightly damp towel. Now, check his fever. I place my hand over his forehead and the other hand on my own. Still burning… I frown and then look at the clothes he was wearing. His shirt was completely drenched with sweat and his pants only went to his mid-calves. Yeah… you should. I gulp down my embarrassment and start to lift his shirt up and over his shoulder. This is embarrassing. I’m going to die. Die of embarrassment. Finally, his shirt pulls free and I throw it to the side, not daring to look at his now chest. I run to my bedroom and search for the largest shirt I owned. Luckily, I find a shirt I borrowed from Uncle when I slept over at Sohee’s house a few months ago.

As I make my way back, I grab a few extra blankets from the cabinet and a small towel. I take a peek around the corner to see that he’s rolled onto his side now and I can only see his back. I quickly fill a small bowl of cold water and let the small towel soak before heading back to him with the shirt and blankets.

“Here we go…” I slip the t-shirt over his head and maneuver it down so that he’s covered again. Okay, shirt. Check. I glance down at his pants. That… can stay on. I shake the blankets open and cover him, tucking them around his body.

“Mm… so… hot…” He groans and furrows his brows.

“Shh… you need to sweat it out.” I cooed as I bring the blankets up to his neck. He tried to wiggle free but I hold them in place.

“Jiyongie.”I say firmly and he stops but pouts. I giggle seeing this child-like version of the great G-Dragon but stand to get the towel and bowl of water. He’s such a little boy… even calling me ‘omma’. This is definitely a side of him I never knew existed. For some reason, I was starting to feel really thankful for forgetting my notebook.

 

I make my way back to him and notice that his breathing was more normal. I wring out the extra water and place the folded towel onto his forehead. This is what you’re supposed to do, right? When someone is sick in movies, people always do this… I sit on the floor next to the couch and lean my head on my arms, studying his face.

It’s no wonder so many girls are crazy about him… he’s talented, a great singer and dancer, but he was also extremely handsome. I was always aware of his good looks but this was my first time being able to really that the time to look at him. The way the bangs of his blonde hair falls on his face, his jawline was defined, and his skin… I’m surprised at how flawless it was. That was when I noticed how cracked and dry his lips were. Must be from the fever… Without thinking, I dipped my finger into the bowl of water and reach for his lips just like what my mom used to when I was sick... I stop just before I could touch them, what am I doing…

As I was about to pull away, I feel his hand clutch mine still hovering just above his lips. He turns his head and looks at me with cloudy half opened eyes.

Then I see his amazing smile, “Thank you…” He presses his lips against the tip of each of my fingers before bringing my hand down and holding it to his chest.

My mouth has dropped open at this point and face already flushed from the contact of his lips. Omo… My heart was racing uncontrollably. What was that?! I felt like my breathing was starting to become uneven… maybe he gave me his fever. I try to slowly pull my hand away but it was stuck in his grip.

“J-Jiyong…” I gulp and wait for him to respond, but looking at the evenness of his breathing and his relaxed face, he was already asleep.

“Ugh…” I drop my head to rest on the edge of the couch, my hand still stuck to his chest feeling his steady heartbeat. I place my free hand over my own heart and see how much faster my heart was beating.

I look up at his sleeping face and feel my heart beat quicken even more.

“Jiyong… What are you doing to me?”

 

*BlueNote*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Hooray for an update!
Hope you guys enjoy this Daragon moment :)
It's been a while since we've had one

Also for those who were wondering,
I've finished most of my exams and I just have one more next week!
I feel like I've done fairly well on most of them so yay!
Thank you again to everyone for being so patient.

Love you all!

 

*If you are confused about layout/weird details that seem wrong+right at the same time, please read the story description!*