Chapter 3

Love, Symmetry & Rhythm

Chapter 3

 “Yah! Kwon Jiyong! Where the heck have you been? You’ve missed more than half of the auditions!” Jae Wook calls out.

What do I do.

“Sorry hyung! There was a problem at the photo shoot.” G-Dragon said. I could still feel his eyes on me. I didn’t dare to turn to look at him… actually, I don’t think I could even move after my body immediately stiffened upon hearing his voice.

“Well, regardless of what happened, you are late. Now hurry and sit down. You are disrupting Miss Park.” said the President YG.

“Ah, yes. I’m sorry sajangnim.” I hear his footsteps move past me and towards the table. My eyes were still facing what I thought was the only door in this room. Where did he come from?! Slowly, I turned my gaze back to the front of the room. I can’t look at him. I can’t look at him. I can’t look… I looked. Who was I kidding? It is absolutely impossible to keep your eyes off of G-Dragon especially when it’s been two years since you’ve seen him in person. His hair was short and blonde now. His make up still in tact from the photo shoot I’m guessing. He was wearing just a plain white t-shirt and acid wash jeans, this is the most casual I’ve ever seen him. It is actually kind of nic—.

“Miss Park?” Our eyes locked.

“A-ah! Y-yes!!” I say a little too pitchy.

He smiles and lets out a little laugh, “I apologize for being late and interrupting you earlier.”

“No! Not at all. Not a problem. I was finished! It’s fine!” I laugh awkwardly while rubbing my arm with my hand.

He smiles an even bigger smile that makes me weak. Pull it together PARK SANDARA! Look away if you have to! I force my eyes to move to the closest face nearest to him and my eyes fall on Youngbae’s. His blank face is back but this time I feel as if his eyes are literally try to dig into my soul. Please someone, save me!

“Now that that is all settled, we have one last question for you before you start.” President YG cleared his throat while looking down at what I assume is my file.

“Of course.” I say while nodding and keeping my eyes focused on President YG.

He looks up at me and smiles slightly, “Why is it that you came to audition for us today?”

What? Panic starts to arise within me. What am I supposed to say?

“Well, that is… uhm.” I glanced at G-Dragon who is patiently waiting for my answer, and then I played the truth in my mind. Actually, I came because I had to accompany my cousin because she loves G-Dragon and wants to marry him and she believes being his backup dancer is her first step towards their relationship...There is no way I can say that. I took in a deep breath to gather my thoughts before answering with the first thing that came to my mind.

“I admire G-Dragon very much. He was actually the one who inspired me to continue dancing when I had no idea where to go in life.” These words that I’ve been rehearsing in my head for my imaginary meeting with G-Dragon were finally coming to life and being said out loud. I changed my gaze towards him before I continued, “When I first saw you at your concert two years ago, I was amazed and envied the way you danced. There was something about it that was so free and yet so powerful that it drew me in. Ever since, I’ve always wanted to project my dance the same way. You were my inspiration to continue my passion and love for dance. And for that I thank you very much. I felt that, if at all possible, it would be a great opportunity and honor to share the stage with you.” I finished my sentence while bowing.

My heart was beating too fast and I could feel my hands were trembling. Was it okay for me to say that? Was it too much?

The silence in the room was deafening. Knowing full well that all eyes were on me, I still couldn’t take the awkwardness any longer. I slowly lifted my head to see the damage I have done. Jae Wook just stared at me wide eyed clearly shocked from what I said. President YG seemed to have put on Youngbae’s emotionless face but I could clearly see the cogs turning in his head. Youngbae’s expression is a new one. His face is no longer blank, but cold. His eyes were no longer searching mine for an answer. It seems that whatever he was looking for, he found it. Then my heart sank when my eyes fell on my idol. His head was faced downwards looking at the table, while his hands were resting above his forehead completely blocking my view from even trying to read his face.

Great. I blew it.

Before I could bow again to apologize and offer to excuse myself, President YG speaks up, “You are very honest. We see a lot of girls come in here for completely the wrong reasons and try to hide their true intentions. Not saying that your reason is wrong, but it is new and refreshing to hear it out loud. And just by looking at you, I know you aren’t lying.”

I just stared at him in shock not really sure how to process what he said. But he didn’t give me much of a chance to decipher it now.

“Please go ahead Miss Park. Show us what else makes you different from all of the girls her.”

I nodded and reached into my bag for my iPod. I head over to the side of the room where the music controls were and plug it in. The song I need is immediately shown and press play.

There is silence as I walk towards the middle of the room and position myself correctly. This is it. I steal a quick glance at G-Dragon and see that his eyes are on me now with a look full of curiosity. Closing my eyes, I wait. 1, 2, 3…

The room fills with the familiar beats of the song ‘Let Me’ by Rihanna. I take a deep breath and open my eyes but this time lock my gaze with his.

Don’t let him down.

 

*BlueNote*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My 8 AM class got cancelled this morning and am just dying of happiness but the first thing I thought to do was post another chapter!
I want to thank everyone for taking the time to read it. Those who have SUBSCRIBED, you made my day even BETTER so THANK YOU.

I promise to not let you guys down!

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Sorry, it's a bit short!

*If you are confused about layout/weird details that seem wrong+right at the same time, please read the story description!*