Chapter 61

Love, Symmetry & Rhythm

Chapter 61

~*Dara’s POV*~

 

*Tap-tap* *Tap-tap-tap*

 

♪ It’s all about you…

…I come close to you

Feels like I’m gonna…

Every time…. 

 

*Tap* *Tap-tap* *Tap*

 

I smile at the sweet and soothing sounds of someone humming to a soft tapping beat. As my mind woke up bit by bit, I slowly allowed my eyelids to open, stopping halfway by the immediate blinding sunlight seeping through the sheer curtains. My eyes eventually adjust to the light and am welcomed first thing by messy glowing blonde hair.

A smile creeps onto my face knowing exactly who it was. My eyes roam from the top of his bed head down towards his eyes that were fixated downwards at his lap. I don’t dare to move, as I want to savor this opportunity to see him first thing in the morning. It is only until I see his earphones in his ear that I allow my eyes explore further.

His mouth was moving slightly, occasionally making out words then humming the same sweet tunes that woke me up. My eyes then go towards his main focus: the notebook resting open on his lap and the pencil in his hand, tapping against the paper in a rhythmic manner. The top of the page has a big question mark written on it and I could barely make out the small scribble on the side of it saying ‘Butterfly’. There were pencil marks and eraser dust all over the page, but I could see the progress he had made. He had what looked like a verse written down.

I can’t help but smile at the fact that I am seeing THE G-Dragon in action. Before, I always imagined him working at the studio or even at a desk at home, but never in bed, let alone NEXT TO ME! My idol, my role model, and my boyfriend… What the heck did I do in my past life to deserve something so amazing?!

I squealed a little but quickly stopped myself to see if I’d given myself away, but luckily his eyes were still in front of him. A small smile was on his lips as he sung again.

 

♪ My butterfly 

 

I sighed dreamily and wondered where does he get his inspiration from… or is he really just a musical genius? I should ask him late—

“I know. Even in the early morning I am handsome.”

My eyes round once I realize that the pair of eyes I was staring at was now looking at me. I zoom out to see his whole face that was turned towards me with a huge smirk.

“Eep!” I let out in surprise before pulling the blankets upward and over my head. While holding the blanket fortress down, I try to calm my shocked heart while I hear him chuckle.

“What’s with that reaction?” He says while I can feel him trying to tug the blankets away but I hold on with my iron grip.

“N-Nothing…” I answer but am becoming increasingly aware of my appearance… that is usually not pleasant first thing in the morning. I silently pray to myself that he’ll leave the room but of course, he doesn’t.

“If you’re trying to hide the trail of drool left on your face, I already had a good look at it last night and this morning.” I can just hear the smile on his lips.

With one hand still holding down the blanket, I frantically use my other hand to feel the corner of my lips. And indeed, there it was, the very eminent and now dry trail of drool that went as far as down to my chin.

The feeling of shame and embarrassment filled me and caused me to curl into an even tighter ball, the blankets acting like a tight cocoon around me. “Go away…” I mutter pathetically.

“Hey. Babe, come out of there” I feel his hand through the blankets as he tries to shake me but I swat it away. “If you don’t come out, I won’t be able to show you something. It’ll make you feel better.”

Curiosity struck me as I push the blankets aside a little so he could only see my eyes. His face was bright and smiling with amusement… but something about that smile was unsettling. “What…” I whine.

I watch as he grabs his phone at his side and turns it so I can see the screen. Absolute horror fills me as I see his lock screen was, in fact, a picture of me, clearly in deep sleep, with the world’s longest trail of drool rolling down the side of my face.

“This picture is my most prized possession.” He says with that cheeky smile of his and he wiggles the phone in front of my face, taunting me.

Without another word, I emerge from my blanket cocoon and lunge towards his phone. As if knowing that would be my next move, his hand moved away a second before I could get to it. “JIYONG! DELETE. THAT PICTURE. NOW!” I yell as I desperately try to grab it again, but he still kept it out of my reach.

“No.” He says with that annoying smirk of his. “I’m going to keep it forever. Maybe even print it out and frame it.”

I shoot him the deadliest glare I could muster before I moved onto my second tactic and started kicking him.

“Ouch! Yah!” He says while trying to grab my flailing legs, “What are you doing?! It’s just because I love you sooooo much~” It annoyed me even more that he was still teasing me despite being kicked. It just made me want to kick him even harder.

“Whatever, you jerk!” I yell while closing my eyes and using all my power. Finally, I feel my foot hit something and then the sound of a body tumbling to the ground followed soon after.

“Ugh…” I hear Jiyong groan. I slowly open my eyes to take a peak and see that he was no longer on the bed.

“Omo…” I whisper to myself and sit up straight, hesitant to go too close to the edge. “Are you… okay?”

I hear another long groan from him as I can only see the top of his golden hair. “Yah… Ji-Jiyong?” I gulp as I begin to feel guilty. “Are you hu— ACK!”

In a flash, Jiyong lunged from the floor and onto the bed, trapping me under him and had both of my arms on either side of my head. A flash of déjà vu from last night pops into my head, making me blush.

“You…” He said with a menacing smirk. “That really hurt, you know.”

I gulped hearing the growl in his voice but try to maintain my cool, “G-Good.”

He an eyebrow and tilts his head, “Good? So you like seeing me in pain?”

I nod my head bravely, “If you deserve it.”

We stare at each other for a long while in silence, until I feel him tighten his grip around my wrists.

“Then I guess you’d be glad to know how much pain I was in last night when I came home to find you asleep?” I gulp again as the memory of last night comes flooding back to me right up to when I was waiting for him to come back from buying the…

“P-Pain?” I shrink a little under his heavy stare. He nods, as his sly smirk grows wider. Slowly, he leans his face towards the side of mine sending shivers throughout my body. His lips trace the outline of my ear before whispering.

“You have no idea.” His breath tickled my ears making me let out a little sigh. I feel him smile against my neck before he began to plant kisses around my jawline.

“Y-Y-Yah!” I tried to say without gasping at his every touch. “Stop it.” With all my might, I turned my head and leaned my neck away from him.

He raises his head and gives me a pout, “Why? We’re finally continuing from last night.”

“Because it’s morning!” I complain while trying to wiggle my arms from his grasps.

“So? Who says we can only do these things at night?” He tries to lean down again, “Plus, there’s better lighting in the morning.”

“Aish! You ert!” I move my head away from his lips, earning a frustrated growl from him.

“Yah! Why am I a ert for wanting to make love to my girlfriend?” His face is back in front of mine, letting me see the hunger in his eyes.

“Because…” I try to speak but the words ‘make love’ echoed in my head, distracting me and making me blush.

“Because…?” He looks at me expectantly, but for the life of me, I couldn’t come up with an answer. Luckily, at the same time he loosened his grip around my wrists giving me the chance I needed before I combust into flames. Quickly, I pull my arms away and push against his chest as hard as I could.

As soon as I saw that he was completely off me and was falling backwards, I jumped off the bed and ran straight to the bathroom. I hear the sound of his body hitting the floor again followed by cursing and a loud growl, “PARK SANDARA!”

“I’m sorry!” I yell but don’t dare to look back at him and instead slam the bathroom door shut and lock it.

“YAH!”


 

It’s been half and hour that I’ve successfully wasted in the bathroom and only then have I deemed it safe to come out. I tip toe over and press my ear against the crack of the door to see if I can catch any signs of movement on the other side. None.

I placed my hand on the cold handle and waited another second to take a deep breath before slowly pushing the door open. I inched it open, just wide enough for me to see through it. The room was empty, and I couldn’t hear or sense a seething dragon anywhere.

“Jiyong…?” I dare to whisper and ready myself just in case he suddenly appeared around the corner. But there was still nothing.

As I finally realize that he was most likely not in the room anymore, I took notice of the ridiculous crouched position I was in against the door. If someone saw me right now, they’d think I was avoiding death itself.

What the heck am I doing? It’s just Jiyong... What am I so afraid of? Although, I probably should’ve thought this way before I shoved him and sought refuge in his bathroom…

 

I shake the gnawing feeling away and straighten myself up with confidence before I leave my safe zone. Walking more into the bedroom, I see that it is indeed empty. The sheets were still messily tossed on the bed and his notebook on top of it.

“Ji?” I call out a little louder this time but there’s still no answer. Before I begin searching all over the flat for him, I quickly change into the set of clothes that I brought with me: a simple black T-shirt and white washed jeans.

After doing a once over in the mirror and fiddling with my hair, I head towards and down the hallway to the living room. My head scans left to right with each step and I kept my ears open for any signs of him.

“Jiyong?” I spoke louder again. “Where is he…?” It had definitely become clear that he was no longer in the apartment but I couldn’t think of where or why he might have left.

It couldn’t be because of earlier, right? He couldn’t have left me because he was mad, right?!

Quickly, I rushed towards the front door and checked if his car keys were still there. They weren’t.

He really did leave…?

 

Just as I was about to get my phone from the bedroom, I noticed a folded piece of paper taped to the handle of the front door. I hurry over to it and pull it off to read.

 

Come down to the basement. Find my car at parking spot D-21.

- Your extremely frustrated boyfriend

 

I can’t help but giggle to myself when reading what he had signed off with and feel slightly relieved knowing he was still somewhere close by. Slipping the piece of paper into my pocket, I put on my shoes and head into the elevator, curiosity buzzing throughout my body.

Why does he want me to go down there for?

The elevator pinged as the doors to the basement floor opened revealing rows and rows of parked cars. I stepped out getting a much better view of how huge this parking lot was.

“Geh…” I timidly walk through the rows, “How many people are living in this apartment complex?!” I look down at the letters and numbers painted on the ground and follow it until I finally reach D-21.

“There it is…” My voice trails off when I see Jiyong’s familiar white Bentley that was also next to two huge black Land Rovers. Both were in spots named D-21. My eye then catches on to another folded paper tucked under the windshield wiper of his Bentley.

 

Get into the black Land Rover closest to the Bentley. Passenger seat.

- Your now extremely IMPATIENT boyfriend

 

I can’t help but look quizzically at the note and then towards the Land Rover he must have been talking about.

“What is this weird guy planning?” I say to myself before obediently heading towards the said car. I inspect it first and slowly open the door, slightly expecting something to pop out at me. But once again, it’s just my overly cautious imagination. I slip in to the passenger seat as told and close the car door before noticing another note taped to the dashboard. This time it wasn’t folded and had the words ‘Don’t Freak Out’ written in bold.

“Don’t freak out…? About wh—KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!” I screamed in shock as soon as I felt something soft cover my eyes and tied at the back of my head. Instinctively, I reached behind me and clawed at whatever I could.

“YAH! OUCH! Stop it, Dara! I told you not to freak out!” A familiar voice yells making me stop immediately.

“Ji-JIYONG!?” I yell half furious and half relieved that it was just him, “What the HELL where you THINKING!?”

“It’s a surprise! Boyfriends surprise girlfriends!” He yelled back and I can hear him rubbing his arms, “Geez, why do you always end up hurting me?”

“Why do you always do creepy, stalker things like this?!” I shoot back angrily at him. “And what’s with the blindfold?!” I reach up to grab it but am stopped by his hands.

“First, I am not creepy or a stalker. YOU are just the one who keeps assuming I am. And second, don’t take the blindfold off. I told you, it’s a surprise so you can’t take it off until I tell you to. Arraso?”

“What are you going to do?” I ask slightly nervous and feeling extremely vulnerable after losing a sense.

“It wouldn’t be a surprise if I told you now.” He says with a hint of a smile in his voice. He lets go of my hands before I hear the car door behind me open then close. There is the muffled sound of his quick footsteps from outside before I hear the door of the driver seat open for him to slip in and the closed.

“Jiyong, please just tell me what we’re doing. The curiosity is killing me!” I whine as I try to resist the urge to pull off my blindfolds. Suddenly, my breath is caught in my throat upon feeling his closeness and body heat. It must be because I’ve loss my sense of sight that every thing else has become more sensitive. Goosebumps run up and down my spine as I feel his arm brush past mine and just below my chest.

“Y-Y-Yah. You aren’t thinking of doing something p-p-erted in here are you?!” I say while slightly shrinking back into the chair. But just as I finish speaking, I hear the sound of the seat belt being pulled and a soft click next to me.

Oh.

 

“Look who’s being a ert now.” I can just imagine the smirk he is giving me right now. Although my seat belt was fastened, I could still feel his presence close by.

“Shut up… you’re the erted one…” I mumble with a pout.

“Whatever,” He says and suddenly I feel his warm lips quickly peck my cheek, “ert.” And I hear a smile before he pulls away.

I am still blushing madly and feeling giddy when I hear the jingle of his keys followed by the start of the car engine bringing everything around me to life.

“Eh? We are leaving? Where are we going? Where are you taking me?” I spout out questions that started popping into my mind as I feel the car turn and rumble.

“Why else would I tell you to meet me in a car?” He says clearly amused, “Ahh. So you WERE thinking about doing erted stuff in here, weren’t you?”

My blush comes instantly but I try to ignore it, “Aigoo, that’s not it! I didn’t bring my phone, wallet, or anything on me!”

“Good, then I really can have you all to myself today.” He says a little too smug.

“Jiyong!” I whine and turn to face him even though I can’t see, “I was supposed to go in for training today again. If I don’t show up, it’d be troublesome for them if they can’t reach me!”

“With who?” He asks quickly, catching me a bit by surprise.

“Ah, uh, Teddy oppa…” I answer. My ears pick up the sound of a smile again before Jiyong speaks.

“Alright, no problem.” I hear some movement and the sound of buttons pressing before I notice the muffled sound of a dial tone.

 

“Yo, Teddy.” Jiyong suddenly says, almost too cheerfully. There is now a deep and muffled voice I could only assume was Teddy.

“Dara is supposed to train with you today, right?” He pauses for an answer, “Well, hope your cool with this but I’m stealing her for today.”

“Eh?! Jiyong!” I gasp but can’t help but hope it will be okay as well.

I hear some more mumbling before Jiyong chuckles a little, “Yeah, don’t worry man. I got it. And thanks.” And with that he hung up.

 

“W-What did he say?” I ask nervously even though Jiyong’s mood must mean good news.

“He says ‘hi’ and you’re off the hook today.” There’s a definite smile in his voice but also something else.

“Oh, okay. That’s good.” I relax into the chair knowing that I can really enjoy this day with him without worry.

“Oh,” Jiyong suddenly says, “He also reminded me to use protection.”

“Y-YAH!!” I exclaim and try to hit him with my hand but completely miss, as all I hit was air and a few buttons turning on the radio.

 

He chuckles as he grasps my hand and smoothly slipping his fingers between mine, “Arraso, arraso. I’ll stop before you poke my eye out.” I calm down as he rests our hands on the armrest between us. “I’m just the driver, remember?”

It takes me a moment to reimagine the last time I heard him say that. The night I pummeled him with my bag for being a creeper, the night he took me home, and it was also the night that I discovered… no…‘thought’ that I liked Youngbae. A slight giggle escapes my lips.

 

“What?” He asks as he caresses my hand with his thumb.

“No, I was just thinking back to when you first said that to me.” I smiled at the memory and how far we’ve come. “Back then, you were barreling questions down my throat about liking Youngbae.”

He chuckled softly, “Yeah, the look on your face pretty much said it all though. You totally liked him.”

“Eh?” I turn my head to him, “No way! I wasn’t even sure about my feelings at that time. So how could you know my answer?”

“Hmmm.” He pondered thoughtfully, “Male intuition?”

“Psh.” I turn my head to face forward and adjust a bit in my seat, “Well, you’re intuition was wrong.”

“Really?”

I nod my head confidently. “I didn’t like him in that way. He’s just a very good friend.”

“Oh, I see” is all he says before an awkward silence built up. His thumb didn’t stop caressing the back of my hand but he also didn’t talk. I couldn’t even tell what kind of ‘I see’ that was because my stupid eyes were blindfolded!

Of course, Dara you stupid girl! Past love topics are OFF-LIMITS with current boyfriends. How could you forget such an important dating RULE! I mentally scold myself after remembering reading that particular rule in a magazine once. QUICK, think of something to say! CHANGE THE TOPIC!

 

“A-Ahum…” I start to speak as the question formulates in my mind, “So, why were you so curious about Youngbae and I anyways?”

 

STUPID! THAT’S NOT CHANGING THE TOPIC!

 

“Because I liked you.” He said casually.

 

And you’re done for.

My heart felt like it had blown into pieces and reassembled itself all in a second. Warmth and this buzzing feeling just spread throughout my body and rested at the apples of my checks. I was at a lost of words with such a simple phrase.

We remained in silence as my mind worked like crazy coming up with something to say or do in response, but it seems like it’s been temporarily fried. So finally, I go with the only thing I could think of.

 

“I’m tired. I’m going to sleep.” I spit out.

He starts chuckling and suddenly lets go of my hand, which surprisingly made me more uncomfortable than I’d thought it would. I hear his hand rustling through something, probably his bag, and eventually feel something cool in my hand.

“Arraso, we have a long drive anyways. Listen to my iPod and sleep.”

I use my other hand to feel around his iPod and earphones.

“Oh, it’s okay. I can just listen to the radio or nothing at all.”

“You’ll sleep better when listening to music. Plus, I picked out some songs I wanted you to listen to.” He says while pushing my hand holding his iPod closer to me.

“Arraso…” I feel around for the earphones and tuck one into my ear before grabbing the iPod and feel around for the buttons.

“Just press the play button and it should be on the playlist already.” He instructs me. I press the bottom button of the circle and music instantly fills my ears.

It hadn’t even been close to a minute and I recognized that it was the song he had said he had written for me. The last time I heard it, I wasn’t able to fully enjoy it. I’m glad I can now.

 

“What song is it?” He asks, bringing me back to reality.

“It’s the song you said you wrote for me.” I smile at the relaxing but upbeat tune.

“Good, so it’s the right playlist.”

“What’s this song called?”

“’Always’.”

“’Always’…” I let the word roll off my tongue as I focus more on the lyrics and how much they’ve reflected our bumpy path of our relationship. For a while, I’ve never gotten time to really think back to every thing that has happened, what had lead to what, and how we are all here now. Now looking back at it, we’ve really come a long way. And it’s almost frightening to think there’s even more ahead of us that we are unsure of. However, there is one thing that is constant from then until now…

 

“Jiyong…”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Can you hold my hand like you did earlier?”

Without saying anything, I was immediately welcomed by the warmth and strength from his hand. His thumb was back to making circles on the back of my hand, bringing a smile to my face.

With my other hand, I push in the other earphone into my ear, drowning myself in my own thoughts and his music.

“Don’t let go.” I say out loud but fail to hear his reply because of the music, but his hand gave mine a tight squeeze, letting me relax with the one constant fact in my mind.

That I feel like can do anything with just one hand as long as he was the one holding the other.

 

*BlueNote*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Sorry for the long and sort of short update ><
It was getting too close to a month since I last updated
and didn't want to do that again
SO, I decided to split their Daragon filled day into two chapters!
Hooray!!

Anyways, hope you all enjoyed :)

Please comment, show some love.
I'd love to hear your guys thoughts!

Follow me on twitter ^^
xMsBlueStarx
finally getting the hang of it (kind of)

*If you are confused about layout/weird details that seem wrong+right at the same time, please read the story description!*