Chapter 13

Love, Symmetry & Rhythm

Chapter 13

~*A few minutes earlier*~

~*Jiyong’s POV*~

I fan myself with a piece of paper as I sit down with YG and Jae Wook on one of the couches. After a long day, it has come down to the final decisions. The first few minutes of our conversation went smoothly. All of us agreed that it was obvious that Lee Ji Hye, the last girl for phase three, was in no comparison to Sohee and Dara. However, as I expected, the final cut between Sohee and Dara was a challenging one to make.

“This is simple enough for me. I choose Park Sandara.” Jae Wook says firmly. “It is clear that she is an amazing dancer, full of talent and creativity. Jiyong, since you were dancing with her, it may have been harder to see this but the connection and feeling you two gave off when dancing together, was phenomenal. You two appeared to be actual lovers. Don’t get me wrong, you have always been a talented dancer, but with Sandara, she made you look even better. I don’t know what she did or how she did it, but out of the three performances, I would say you two were the best.”

To my surprise, YG nodded in agreement. “Jae Wook is right. There is no mistake that Sandara and you shared something earlier. But,” he paused as if trying to find the right words, “I still don’t know if she is right for the part. She clearly brings out something in everyone when they dance with her. Which is great, but not as a backup dancer. The role of a backup dancer is to accompany and emphasize G-Dragon…not steal the show.” He massages his forehead with his fingers, clearly fighting with himself in his head. “But as you said, it is clear she is a great dancer. Although Sohee has all the right techniques, in comparison to Sandara’s passion and presence, Sandara seems to be the better option.”

YG’s last sentence triggers my memory of my conversation with Sohee. ‘So that no matter what, everyone would see that she was the better dancer.’ I didn’t forget what Sohee told me, it was very much ingrained into my mind… but after dancing with her, things weren’t matching up. According to Sohee, Dara is an obsessed fan girl of mine and will do anything to become my backup dancer. From my past experience with this situation, this means that she could and will be manipulative in order to get what she wants. But, since I’ve met her at phase one, I have felt nothing but true passion and honesty behind her actions. If she were obsessed with me, why would she right out and say it to not only me but YG as well. During phase two, she barely even looked at me. However, she did end up changing the choreography and definitely got my attention. Was that a part of her plan? To stand out?

Then in phase three, after saying such harsh words to her, I was sure she would begin to cry and play the victim, perhaps to try to make me feel bad and comfort her. But instead, she brushed away her tears and challenged me. And those eyes… the look she gave me was so full of disappointment and dislike. Could someone who is so “obsessed” with me give me such a hateful look? YG’s words then echoed in my head as a response, ‘she also has a great skill in acting whether she knows it or not’. A grim thought proceeded afterwards. Maybe she knows it.

“Jiyong?” Jae Wook calls out to me, shaking me out of my inner thoughts, “So, what do you say?”

“Eh?”

“Well, your decision matters the most. Whoever is picked will be your backup dancer.” YG answers. I nod, fully aware of the weight of my decision. Whoever I choose tonight, will be the new backup dancer, the new addition to our group as professionals and as friends. I think back to what had happened to us after the last backup dancer, how she shook our world. Jeopardizing all of our careers. We have just begun to pick up the pieces and find our groove again. That was when I knew that I couldn’t let it happen again.

“I pick Ahn Sohee.” I try to say firmly, although I noticed my mouth wanted to say another name.

Jae Wook gives me a shocked expression but YG just stares at me calmly, “Why?”

For some reason, I didn’t want to tell them what Sohee told me. It was something I didn’t want to share with others who thought so highly of Dara. For some reason, very deep down inside, I had a want… a need to protect her… even if she was lying to all of us. None of it made sense, but I just went with it, for once letting my heart decide something.

I simply explained to them that I thought Sohee in general was the better decision, not wanting to go into any details. Jae Wook was clearly opposed to the idea but YG spoke up, “Well, if that is really your decision, I can’t say that you’ve made the wrong one.”

I nod and we all sit there in silence, now aware of what we must do.

“Then I suppose we should wrap this up.” YG stands up, “It’s getting late and I don’t want to let these poor girls suffer any more.”

For some reason, I had a suspicion he was specifically talking about one girl… and her name was Park Sandara. Both Jae Wook and I follow him as he tells an assistant to gather the girls together.

 

As we make our way to the dance studio, I begin to dread seeing her face and what her reaction will be when I announce that we picked Ahn Sohee… that I picked Ahn Sohee. Suddenly, I can’t help but question if I’ve made the right decision.

*BlueNote*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Just a short chapter, but don't worry. The next one will be long and will probably be posted tonight!
Thank you again everyone for subscribing and commenting! ^-^
Enjoy~

*If you are confused about layout/weird details that seem wrong+right at the same time, please read the story description!*