Chapter 7 - Fever

They Are The Angels And Devils In My Life

 

Chapter 7 – Fever

On the next day, Kyungsoo pay a visit at Chanyeol’s room in the evening after he come back from the groceries shop. He found that Chanyeol was sitting with rest at headboard and at the table near him, there is a leftover food on the bowl, empty glass and some pills on the tray. He walked near Chanyeol’s bed and sit at the bed next to him.

“You look better.” Kyungsoo check Chanyeol’s temperature and continue, “You already ate?” seeing  Chanyeol nodded, Kyungsoo continue, “ Who cook for you? I didn’t cook the congee  or left any food in the microwave.” Slowly Chanyeol’s face turn red and he start to rub his neck.

“It’s Da-hye.” Chanyeol scratched his chin, trying to avoid eyes contact with Kyungsoo. “Hhmm? Fishy… Mind to tell me what happen?” Kyungsoo smirked and raise his eyebrow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Flashback…

Da-hye back home at 2 and she found that no one at home so she text Suho and asked where did everyone go. A minute later, Suho reply, ‘We need to buy the groceries. Don’t worry, you not alone. Chanyeol at his room, he have fever. Take care , okay?’

She silently open BaekYeol’s room and found that Chanyeol was at his bed. The sweat running down his face and also his face was red. She place her palm on his forehead and not sastified with the result, she checked at his neck. Now she sure that the temperature quite high because his forehead  and neck feel very hot.

She went to kitchen and took some ice and put in huge bowl then went to the bathroom to get two hand towel which kept in the cupboard. She pour some water in the bowl from the sink and gone back to Chanyeol’s room. She place the bowl at the table next to Chanyeol then she dip on of the towel into the bowl and squeeze a bit before place it at Chanyeol’s forehead.

She make sure the towel was placed correct at his forehead before went down to the kitchen. She commute from Chanyeol’s room and the kitchen so she ensuring the towel remains wet also make sure that her cooking didn’t get burnt.

Chanyeol awake when he feel there was something wet on his forehead. ‘Oh it’s just a wet towel.’ He said while checking on it. Suddenly the door swung open and Da-hye walk in with the tray. She saw Chanyeol awake then she smiled.

“Oh…You up. Did you feeling better?” Chanyeol didn’t answer he just stare at her walk across the room and placed the tray on the table.

“Come on. Up and sit.” She helped Chanyeol sit with rest at the headboard. She check Chanyeol’s temperature first then wipe the sweat with the dry towel.She pull the chair and place it next to Chanyeol’s bed then sit on it.

She take bowl which contain the congee , she took a full spoon of the congee then slowly blew it and bring it to Chanyeol's mouth but he didn’t open his mouth causes she chuckles then said, “ Don’t worry. I didn’t put any poison in it. Come on… Open up. Say ah~” She open her own mouth and Chanyeol follow what she doing, he open his mouth and she slowly fed it. He slowly swallows it while looking at his blanket.

“See? Taste nice, right? Did you want to know what I put?” Chanyeol just ignore her so she continued, “I put a frog, put this and that, pepper and anything else.” This time Chanyeol quickly turn around and look at her with wide eyes. She burst in laughter at how funny he was when he got shocked.

“I just kidding. I never put those stuff in my cooking. Now finish this and then you need to take the medicine, okay?” Chanyeol only in silent but he still do what she tell him to do. After finished the congee   ,he take the medicine then she force him to lay back at the bed and cover him with the blanket.

“Now get rest and sleep. You need to recover so other oppas won’t get worry, okay? I will go out after you fall asleep.” She grab a book that she bring and put it on the table when she busy commute earlier. She sit at the floor with rest at the bed and start reading from where she left.

After five or six pages, she turns her head to look at Chanyeol. She saw his eyes were shut and his breathe sound normal and stable. She stood up, fix the blanket and walk out from the room then close the door. She went to the living room to continue her reading on the couch. Slowly she fall asleep until the boys come back home with the groceries.

Flashback end.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“How was her cooking? It’s good?” First question come out from Kyungsoo’s mouth. Chanyeol nodded and said, “Yeah. It is. I didn’t know she could cook very well.” Kyungsoo smirked, “Yeah. You don’t know but we know.” Chanyeol raise his eyebrows, “We?”

“Yes we. Me and Kris. Mostly about her we know. The CEO wrote it in her detail.” Kyungsoo grinned. Chanyeol’s smacked Kyungsoo arm and said, “ You already know and yet you ask me.” Kyungsoo just chuckles.

“She did a great job. Taking care of you is not easy. You like to order around when we taking care of you. I wonder why you didn’t order Da-hye around.” Kyungsoo playfully pokes Chanyeol’s arm when the door swung open.

“Oh… Kyungsoo oppa here.” Da-hye walk in. “Wae? You don’t like to see me here? You hurt my feeling.” Kyungsoo put his palm on his chest like his heart got hurt. Da-hye chuckles and slightly slap Kyungsoo’s arm, “Stop acting around and please could you move so I can check Chanyeol oppa.” Kyungsoo grinned and stood up so she can sit at the bed.

She placed her right palm on Chanyeol’s forehead and other palm on her forehead then she nodded, “Hhhmm… Your temperature has went down. Don’t move too much and get enough rest.” She tapped his shoulder and stood up. She took the tray and walk to the door then she turns back and look at Kyungsoo, “Kyungsoo oppa, help me take the water bowl down to the kitchen so I can clean it. I forgot to clean it earlier.” Kyungsoo nodded and took the bowl and follow her walk out the room.

Chanyeol look at the door after both of them leave his room. He placed his own palm on his forehead and said, “I can still feel the warmth of her hand and makes me feel more guilty because called her a burden before. And...."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"And can I adopt her?? Aigo...She so nice.. I want she to be my sister.." Chanyeol plamed his cheek, admiring Minyoung. He grinned to himself then he lean down to sleep.