Chapter 35 – Reckless

They Are The Angels And Devils In My Life

 

Another day at hospital in November…

 

 

 

 

“Chanyeol oppa.” Chanyeol hum as the answer. It’s Chanyeol’s turn taking care of Da-hye.

“Could you help me?”

“What is it?” Chanyeol lifted up his head from the book.

“Could you bring me out?”

“What?!” Chanyeol dropped his jaw.

“Out.” She pointed outside the window and continued, “I wanted to visit halmeoni. Remember the halmeoni I helped? I kind of miss her and it’s been a long time I didn’t visit her. I wonder how is she now.” She stares outside the window.

“But the doctor forbidden you from going outside.” She slowly turns her head to Chanyeol with sad eyes.

“Okay. You don’t love me anymore.” She slowly pulled the blanket and hides herself inside of the blanket.

“Aish jinjja… Arasseo!” She quickly uncovered herself and grinned widely.

“Gomawo!” Chanyeol shook his head and give Da-hye a comfortable clothes before they sneaked out from the hospital.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Halmeoni? Are you home?” Da-hye looked around the house, try to look for the old lady who lives there.

“Nuguchi?” An old lady stepped out from the house and saw Da-hye, “Oh… Da-hye ah. It’s a been a quite long time I didn’t see you coming to this old house. Did you go somewhere?” The old lady sat the house corridor.

“Anio… I just got busy. Mianhae halmeoni. How are you? I hope halmeoni take a good care of your health, ne?” Da-hye quickly walked near her and hugs her tightly.

“Talk to yourself then. You look pale and listless. What’s wrong, honey?” The old lady gently her cheeks.

“I’m fine halmeoni. It’s just a fever.” Da-hye grabs the old lady’s hands and smiled at her. “Meet my oppa, Park Chanyeol. He one of my guardian.” Da-hye pointed at Chanyeol who stand outside from the house.

“Annyeonghaseyo halmeoni.” Chanyeol bend and hug the old lady.

“You quite huge, young man.” Da-hye just chuckles when she heard it and Chanyeol grinned.

Da-hye slowly lay down and put her head at the old lady’s lap then continued, “Halmeoni ah. After this I will gone quite a long time.”

“Where you want to go, honey?” The old lady gently her cheeks.

“Somewhere far maybe.” She smiled and continued, “I just want to say that I love halmeoni sooo much. I love my own grandma too but she gone when I’m was 5 and you came as her replacement. I feel so thankful that I meet you. It’s like seeing my grandma back. I love you, halmeoni.” She rose up and kissed the old lady’s cheeks.

It’s was a lie if her old heart didn’t feel anything when she heard what Da-hye said. She tried to throw away the bad feeling inside of her heart.

“Wait here. I will make the tea fast.” The old lady rose up and Chanyeol stopped her, “I will help you.” Then they both went to the kitchen. Chanyeol commute from the kitchen and the living room to make sure that Da-hye was doing fine.

The last time he saw was Da-hye was standing in front of the big tree at the yard and she was like doing something. Then the old lady came out with the tray of cakes while Chanyeol’s tray was the cups and the teapot.

“Da-hye my dear come and eat your favourite ca…” The old lady lifted up her head, her smile fade and she dropped the tray. Chanyeol startled when the tray crashed to the floor. He looked up and saw Da-hye was unconscious at the ground. He quickly placed the tray at the floor before he follow the old lady rushed to Da-hye.

“No! Da-hye my dear! What happen to you?” The old lady lifts up her head and place it on her lap.

“Halmeoni. We need to go now.” Chanyeol quickly lifted up Da-hye’s body from the ground and rushed to the exit. When he saw the old lady want to follow, he stopped her, “No! Halmeoni need to stay! She won’t forgive herself if halmeoni follow us. Please stay. I promise I will come and tell you next time.” He quickly bowed and went to his car then rushed to the hospital.

 

--

 

“Doctor! Doctor! My sister! Help!” The doctor who treats Da-hye rushed to Chanyeol when he saw him carried Da-hye’s body.

“Put her here. What the hell are you doing? You know it dangerous for her to go outside?” Doctor glared at Chanyeol before rushed into her room to check her. Chanyeol forced to be outside the room. He only stares at Da-hye’s body from the window.

“Chanyeol!” He turns and saw Baekhyun and Sehun running to him.

“What happened? Doctor calls us and said Da-hye not on her bed. Aren’t you supposed to be with her?” Chanyeol bit his lips before tell them everything.

“I won’t forgive myself if anything happen to her. It’s all my fault!” Chanyeol facepalmed and shook his head.

“No. It’s not your fault. Stop blaming yourself. She will hate you if you keep blame yourself. You only fulfilled her wish. I think she won’t be happy if you refuse to take her out.” Baekhyun hugs the younger and try to calm him.

Then the doctor stepped out from her room, letting out heavy breath before continued, “Her condition is stable right now." He stopped and looked at Chanyeol then continued,"I know you try to make her happy but please don’t be reckless. At least tell us, young man.” Doctor patted Chanyeol’s shoulder and bowed a bit at Baekhyun and Sehun before went to his office.