Chapter 18 - Halloween

They Are The Angels And Devils In My Life

 

“Bunny… Bunny ah…“ Chanyeol jumps all the way to the garden from the house. Da-hye who is sitting at small hut, lifted up her head and looked at Chanyeol who just sit in front of her before say, “Ne oppa. What did you want?”

“This Wednesday is Halloween and SHinee sunbaenim throw a party at their place, can you want to come along?”  Chanyeol’s eyes full with hopes.

“And why should I go to the party?”

“Because Shinee hyungs invite you and also we all gonna go. Pretty please?” Chanyeol pleading while holding her hands.

“ I don’t know if I have a plan or not on that day. Maybe my friend will invite me to their party.”

“You don’t love me anymore. You are so cruel. You love your friends more than us. Don’t want to talk with you anymore.” Chanyeol make his face look gloomy and pretend to be sad. He weakly rose up and slowly leaves the small hut.

Da-hye bit her lips before shout, “Fine! I will go!” Chanyeol quickly spun around with his scary grin. “But I don’t have any costumes.” Chanyeol quickly back to the small hut and hug her tightly before say, “It’s okay. We will prepare it for you.”

Suddenly a slippers fly and hit Chanyeol’s back. Chanyeol groan and turns around after letting Da-hye go. It’s was Kai with his poker face, walked from the fishpond to the house’s backdoor.

Chanyeol bit his lips and stares at the backdoor while mutters a few curse words. Da-hye raise an eyebrow when she heard the curse words and asked, “What did you say? Did you just cursing?”

“Huh? Anio… You can continued reading and I need to go inside. Got things to do.” Chanyeol leaves the small hut with a smirk.

 

On the next day, at school…

 

“Ya! Da-hye ah…” Da-hye stop her track and spun around, “Oh what’s up?” She looked at Kwangmin, Youngmin and Minwoo’s faces.

“We thought that maybe you could come over to our house this Wednesday. We throw a party.” Kwangmin said.

“Oh.. I would love to come but I can’t. My oppas want me to go to a party with them. I’m sorry.” She smiled weakly.

“Oh that’s too bad. It’s okay. Maybe next year.” Minwoo smiled and patted her head.

“Hey! I told you don’t pat my head as you wish.” She pouted.

“It’s because you short than us and you cute in your size.” Youngmin giggles then they waved and went to other’s way. Da-hye continued her track to the library.

“Hey Da-hye ah.” Another voice came from behind. She spun around and , “Oh Jonghyunnie, Ren and Baekkie.”

“Hey don’t call me Baekkie. It’s not suit with me.” Baekho pouted.

“I just kidding… So what is it?” She, JR and Ren just chuckles at Baekho’s reaction.

“We want to invite you to our noona’s house. They make a small party.”

“I’m sorry but I can’t go. My oppas already booked my day.” She bit her lips; feel a bit guilty to turn down her friend’s invitation.

“It’s okay. Maybe we could celebrate it next year or Christmas together.” Ren patted her shoulder and smiled. Then they waved and left Da-hye.

She continued her track to the library where she and Hyewon promises to study together since the last period teacher’s on vacation.. She quietly walk in the library and sat at the table near the window. She took one book from the bookshelf and read it while waiting for Hyewon.

“Da-hye ah.” She lifted up her head and said, “Oh? Sungjae? What is it? You need my help?”

“Anio. I want to ask you if you could come to my house this Wednesday. My hyungs wants to see you and we holding a party.” Sungjae said while sitting at the chair in front of her.

“I’m sorry but I can’t. Mianhae Sungjae ah.” She smiled weakly.

“But why? You already have a date?” Sungjae’s face turns gloomy.

“Yeah... Kind of… My oppas want to bring me to his friend’s party. Sorry. Say hi to your hyungs” Sungjae smiled weakly before said, “ It’s okay. I will send your regards. Bye.” Sungjae rose up and leaves Da-hye’s table.

“Da-hye ah~! My sweet-good-friend!” Hyewon came and hug her from behind after Sungjae leaves.

“You shouldn’t do that … We in the library.” Da-hye tapped slowly her friend’s hands.

“Oppss… Sorry I forgot. Okay let’s study.” Da-hye nodded,agree with the suggestion.

Suddenly Hyewon remember something while discussing. She lifted up her head and asked, “ Hey Da-hye..”

“Yes? What’s wrong,Hyewon?”

“I want you to come to my party this Wednesday. Can you come? Please?” Hyewon blinks her eyes cutely.

“I’m sorry Hyewon. I can’t. I going to my oppas friend’s party.” She holds Hyewon;s hands.

“Auww. That’s too bad.” Hyewon pouted.

“Hhhmm…. How about I ask my oppas to throw a small party on Thursday?” Da-hye spoke out her brilliant idea.

“That’s nice. I guess. Okay deal. Oh! We should go home,right now. It’s already 5.”

“5!? No way!” Da-hye checks her watch and continued, “Oh god! I promise Kyungsoo oppa I will be at home at 4:30. I will get going now. Hey Hyewon… Help me, if you see Minwoo, Sungjae or Ren, tell them about this Thursday.If not , text me or help me text them, okay?” Hye won nods.  Then they quickly left the library.

She arrived at home late. She was about to open the door but it opened from inside. Kyungsoo crossed his arms soon he open the door.

“Where on earth are you going? You promise to back home at 4:30 p.m.”

“Yes I know. I kind of engrossed with discussation at the library with Hyewon. Please forgive.” She making a cute face and hoping Kyungsoo will forgive her.

“Aish jinjja. Arasseo arasseo. Come on get in and go change your clothes. We are going to the mall. I want buy things for Halloween.” Kyungsoo said while step aside so Da-hye’s can walk pass through.

“I thought we going to SHinee’s oppa house?” Da-hye asked while opening her shoes.

“Yes it’s true but our house almost need t be deco, apple pie. Come on hurry up.” Da-hye nodded and rushed to KyungKai’s room.

When she went down the stairs, she saw all the boys already set and waiting at the door.

“Okay let’s go!” Suho said when he saw Da-hye coming down from the second floor.

 

On the Halloween night…