Chapter 25

They Are The Angels And Devils In My Life

 

It’s so cold in the end of December. Da-Hye makes sure that her sweaters did warm her nicely. She walked at the street by herself. She wanted a nice and hot bun but the boys not at home, they quite busy so she went out herself.

She arrived at the bakery that she usually go with EXO when they not busy. After buy the buns, she decide to walk a bit around the neighbourhood before going home.

She walk past by the park, suddenly she heard a sobbing coming from the park. She walk back to the park and saw a young boy sitting at the swing, crying.

 

----

 

“Hyung. It’s that the girl who helped Zelo? We go to her birthday party, right? It’s been a long time, we didn’t see her. What her name again? I keep forgotting.” Youngjae look at Daehyun. Both of them come from the same direction like Da-hye but at other side of the street.

“Odi?” Daehyun try to looking for the girl that Youngje talking about.

“There. Over there. Near the park.” Youngjae pointed at a figure near the park.

“Oh? It’s her, Da-Hye. What she doing there?” Youngjae saw she was look at something so he at the same direction and he saw a boy crying.

“There is a boy, crying at the swing. Is she gonna help or just stand there and watch?” Both of them keep eye on her. When she turns away to the way she come from, their jaw dropped.

“Mwoya? Did she just walk away? Or my eyes got problem?” Daehyun asked Youngjae.

“She is. She did walk away. Aigo we thought she a kind girl but we were wrong.” They sighed and shook their head. They wanted to cross the road when suddenly someone yanked their collar backward.

“What did you wrong about? Mind to tell me?” Daehyun and Youngjae jolted when they heard a deep voice coming from the back. They slowly spun around and, “Oh?Chanyeol hyung?”

“N-Nothing!We didn’t say anything.” Youngjae curse himself for stuttering. Chanyeol raise an eyebrow and let go their collar.

“Anio. We heard you clearly. You said you were wrong when you thought Da-Hye was a good girl.” Baekhyun crossed his arms at his chest.

“You can’t judge her just like that. You didn’t know her like we do. We know her better because she lives with us.”Chanyeol continued Baekhyun’s words.

“M-mianhae.”Daehyun and Youngjae looked down, they feel guilty somehow.

“Ja..H-Hyung.Excuses us.We wanna get going.” Youngjae and Daehyun excuses themselves but Chanyeol grab their collar back.

“Where did you think you going?”

“Try to saving that kid. He will die of coldness.” Daehyun pointed at the boy at the swing.

“Anio. You will stay here with us.” Chanyeol smirked. Suddenly his phone ring.

“Hyung! Hyung! She’s coming! She’s coming! Hide!” Sehun shouted at the phone.

“Oh! Arasseo! Arasseo!” Chanyeol end the call and quickly pull three figures in front of him into the bushes to join Kai who hiding there.

“Hyung..What are we---” Daehyun wanted to asked but Baekhyun hushed him to quiet. A few moment later, they joined with other four guys.

“Whe..Where is sh..she?” A broken question coming out from Suho who panting because tired of running.

“Ther..There…She over there.” Kyungsoo point at up the hill. They saw Da-Hye walk down the street and straight to the park. She sit next to that boy and give him a cup of hot chocolate that she brought at the bakery she also give him her paper bag and her scarf. They look like talking about something before the boy wipe his tears, nodded and stood up then he kissed Da-hye’s cheek. She just chuckles and ruffles the younger’s head.

“Wow...Wow... Calm down Kai. He just a kid.” Baekhyun grab Kai’s arm when he suddenly stood up and wanted to get out from the bushes.

“See? Who said she don’t have a kind heart?”Chanyeol smacked Daehyun’s head.

“Ah!Hyung! That’s harsh. We already say sorry.”Daehyun pout and rub his head.

“Let’s go get her. She looked a bit freezing.” Suho step out the bushed follow by the others.

Da-Hye was on the way to home and busy sipping her hot chocolate when someone shout her name, “Ya! Da-hye ah!”

She spun around and, “Oppas!”

She waited them to reach her and continued, “I thought you guys were busy. What are you doing here?”

“Aigo uri bunny is freezing. Look at her nose. It turns red.” Kyungsoo ignore her question and take the paper bag while Baekhyun take her hot chocolate.

“Let us hold it for now on.” Baekhyun and Kyungsoo put their hand high up when she try to take it back.

Kai turn his back to Da-Hye and kneel down.

“What are you doing?”

“Piggyback..Come on.It’s cold. You steps will slow us down and we need to get home quickly!” Da-Hye’s mouth making ‘O’ shape. She quickly put around her arm at his neck and when Kai standing up she put her leg around his torso.

“Oh? B.A.P oppa.Daehyunnie and Youngjae oppa.Annyeong oppa.” She notices other two boys who standing in front of her.

“Ne annyeong. Long time no see.” Youngjae smiled.

“Kaja..Let’s go home.You guys want to follow?”Suho look at the younger. Daehyun look at Youngjae then they nodded.

“Ah! Ppali..It’s so damn cold.”Sehun whimpering.

“Here Da-Hye. Wrap it nicely around your neck.”Baekhyun pass over the scarf.

“Gomawo Hyunnie oppa.” Baekhyun smiled and ruffle her hair then he walk with Chanyeol at the front. Da-Hye don’t like people walk behind her if someone piggyback her. She took the scarf Baekhyun give earlier and wrap it around Kai’s and her neck.

Kai turn his head and ask, “What are you doing?”

“Keep oppa warm.” She smiled.

“But Baekhyun hyung give it to you so you can warm yourself.”

“Yeah I know but I don’t want oppa to feel cold too. In fact the scarf was long and big enough for both of us.” Kai shook his head and start to chase’s the others leap. She falls asleep along the way to the house.

Soon they arrive at home, Sehun tried to take her but earn a glare from Kai.

“Hey… Relax I just want to put her at the couch while waiting for the dinner.” Sehun chuckles at Kai’s jealousness. Kai sighed slowly before nodded.

 

---

 

“Bunny ah...Wake up...It’s time for dinner.”Someone shook her shoulder.

“Come on...Wake up already or Kyungsoo  will get mad.”Another voice try to wake her up but she didn’t move inche.

Then another voice waking her up, “Hey Da-Hye ah…Wake up... If  not,  Daehyun will eat all yours cheesecake.” Automatically her eyes open and blink a few times. She saw Kyungsoo grinned while Baekhyun pouted and Daehyun was shocked expression.

“Kyungie oppa...Who want to eat my cheesecake?”

“Hah?? Hhhmm no one...Yeah no one... Come on let’s eat dinner.” Kyungsoo help her stand up and go to kitchen follow by Baekhyun and Daehyun.

After dinner, Daehyun and Youngjae excuses themselves to go back to their house while Da-Hye sat at couch, reading books that she borrow from Suho. Chanyeol saw her sitting alone, he looked around make sure no one’s there then he walk to living room and sit with her.

“Da-Hye ah.”She didn’t answer when Chanyeol calling her name.She very focus reading the book until she ignores everything happen around her. Chanyeol pouted then he took the book and hides it behind him.

“Chanyeol oppa! Give it back!”

“No until I finish talking with you.”

“Give me back my book and I am listening to you.”She try to get her book but failed.

“No. Talk to me first. Please.”

“Aish arasseo.” She surrenders at Chanyeol’s stubbornness.

“Have you planned for Kai’s birthday next month?”

“No… Not yet… Wae?” She looked at Chanyeol suspiciously.

“Anio. Just asking.” 

“Arrasseo.” Chanyeol chuckels and ruffles her head before pass over her book back and switch on the television.

Suddenly his shoulders feel heavy while he was engrossed with the tv drama. He slowly turns his head and his cheek met with Da-hye’s head. He smiled. He tries to her head and suddenly someone coughing at the back.

“Hyung. What the hell are you try doing?” Kai’s slow-cold voice reach Chanyeol’s ear. Chanyeol bit his lips before grinned.

“Hhhmm nothing.”  Kai walk closer to the couch and glare at Chanyeol. Everyone know when Kai’s glare, it’s not scary at all. Chanyeol just grinned. Kai picked Da-hye up in bridal style and went to his room.