The Truth

Love is Forbidden on the Soccer Field

You mumbled a little and opened your eyes.

You sat up and immediately lost your strength. You leaned back into your pillows and realized you were in the nurse's office. Junhyung, Doojoon, Kikwang, Miyoung, Hyunseung, Yoseob, and most curiously Eunha was all crowded in the room. Yoseob was, as usual, on the other side of the room as Eunha and hiding behind Doojoon.

"What happened?" You immediately said, your voice weak and hoarse.

"The match..........." Miyoung hesitated. "We lost. The Blue Team won Cube-ASC."

"Ah..........." You said. You couldn't find any words to explain it, but for some reason you didn't feel empty or disappointed. You just felt tired. And happy everything was finally over.

"The game stopped after you passed out." Kikwang explained.

Junhyung stood up from the chair he was sitting in and glared at Doojoon. "This is all YOUR fault! It's all because of YOU that ~~~~~-ah was working herself to the limit!"

Doojoon stood up too, his face dark and angry. "Shut up, Junhyung! You want to go?"

"Enough, both of you!" Hyunseung yelled, going in between them and pushing them apart. "It's time we settled this once and for all!"

He pushed them back into their chairs. "Doojoon..........it's about time you told us the real truth about what happened with Shim Heran."

Doojoon sighed, and suddenly he didn't look angry. He looked tired, sad..........and in pain. "It doesn't matter anymore."

"The HELL it does!" Junhyung snarled. He almost got up again, but Yoseob pushed him back down. "Hyung, please." Yoseob begged.

Doojoon glanced at you, and sighed again. "Alright............fine."

********************************************************************************************************************************************

Three Years Ago, at Seoul Junior High:

DOOJOON'S POV:

 

"Isn't she gorgeous?" Junhyung said dreamily. "She's so perfect."

"I guess, dude." I muttered, shrugging. I don't get what Junhyung was all up about. Heran was pretty, I have to say, but I don't like the way she looked at me sometimes.

I saw it the first time we met. She glanced at me and gave me this huge smile. I didn't like that smile. It was kind of like the look a hunter gives its next prey. It creeped me out.

"What's up with you, Doojoon?" Hyunseung asked me.

I shrugged. "Nothing." I muttered. No need to bother anyone else with my worries. Besides, it's probably nothing.

*****************************************************************************************************************************

"Excuse me........"

I looked up from the book I was poring over in the library. Heran stood before me, smiling sweetly. "You're.........Yoon Doojoon, right? I'm Shim Heran.....oh, but we're in the same class. You probably already know that."

She gave a giggle that would seem shy and nervous, but for some reason it sounded forced. Like she was acting.

"Yeah." I muttered suspiciously. "What's up?"

"Nothing. I-I just wanted to talk to you." She giggled, batting her eyelashes. What was with that?

"So, Doojoon oppa.........can I call you that, oppa?"

"I guess."

"Doojoon oppa..............do you have a girlfriend?"

What a weird question. "No."

"Oh, that's good." She beamed. "That's very, very good. Oh, wait, oppa............." She leaned over. "You have something on you."

"Where?" I rubbed at my cheek.

"No........here." Her soft fingertips gently pressed against my lips, before she smiled sweetly. "There you go. See you later, Doojoon oppa." She waved and then walked out.

Okay. That was creepy. That touch seemed really innapropriate for some reason. I mean, seriously. What kind of girl touches another guy's lips when they've only just met? It was just too freaky.

****************************************************************************************************************************** 

"HYUNSEUNG AND DOOJOON HYUNGS, GUESS WHAT??!!!"

I jumped and Hyunseung winced as he held the phone at arm's length. "You don't need to yell, Junhyung. We can hear you. What?" He sighed.

"I ASKED HER OUT!!! I ASKED HER OUT!!! I ASKED HERAN OUT!!!!"

I frowned and sat up. "And what did she say?" Hyunseung asked, interested.

"YES!!!!!! SHE SAID YES!!!!!! SHE SAID SHE'S LIKED ME EVER SINCE SHE FIRST SAW ME!!!! IT'S LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT, HYUNGS!!!!!"

"Okay, great, Junhyung!" Hyunseung said happily, smiling.

"I GOTTA GO, HERAN AND I ARE GOING ON OUR FIRST DATE TO THE AMUSEMENT PARK!!! LATER, HYUNGS!!! I'M SO HAPPY I'M GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 

He hung up.

Hyunseung laughed. "What a happy idiot. He better not mess up his date."

He looked at me and his smile fell. "What's up, Doojoon? Aren't you happy for him?"

I quickly shook out of my thoughts."Huh? Oh, yeah......I am happy for Junhyung. But...........I don't think that girl is the right choice for him. There's something about this I don't like." 
"Huh? Oh, yeah......I am happy for Junhyung. But...........I don't think that girl is the right choice for him. There's something about this I don't like." 

Hyunseung stared at me suspiciously. I knew I sounded weird, but I really, REALLY didn't like this. Heran just........doesn't seem right, somehow. She keeps giving me these weird looks, and weird touches, like brushing against my arm or chest on purpose and batting her eyelashes at me.

I didn't like it. I didn't like a girl like that with Junhyung. Not my best friend. I had a feeling she was only going to hurt him in the end. But that guy was so happy, what could I say?

******************************************************************************************************************************

I was walking down the halls after study hall after school one day when I ran into Heran. "What the.........Heran? What are you doing here? You don't have study hall."

"Oh, it's just..........I wanted to wait for oppa." Heran giggled, acting like a cute shy schoolgirl. Yeah, right.

"Whatever." I muttered, walking past her. Suddenly, she grabbed my arm.

"Woah, what are you doing?" I said warily.

"Oppa, I have to let you know......." Heran bit her lip. "I......I have feelings for oppa."

Silence.

"Okay.........Heran, what do you mean by that?" I asked, shocked.

"I like you, oppa." Heran said coyly, biting her lip and looking at me from under her eyelashes. "I've liked you for a long time. Ever since I first saw you."

"Are you ing CRAZY?" I yelled in shock and disgust. "You're JUNHYUNG'S girlfriend! You can't suddenly confess to ME!!"

"But I love you, oppa." Heran said shyly.

"Did you...........did you............did you only accept Junhyung's confession because that would get you closer to ME??!!!" I gasped at my sudden realization.

Heran's silence made me take that as a "yes".

"Oh my god! You are DISGUSTING!!!" I yelled at her. "Do you know this will break Junhyung's heart?"

"Well, we can go out in secret.........." Heran said brightly, trying to move closer to me.

I pushed her away. "Get away from me! I will NEVER go out with my best friend's girlfriend, and ESPECIALLY if it was you!!! You are sick, you know that? Sick!"

I ran away before she could say anything else. She was disgusting, sick, horrible.

But what could I say to Junhyung? Should I wait until she tells him herself? Or maybe she'll fall in love with Junhyung? I didn't know what to do, I had no experience in love. I was in eighth grade, for god's sakes.