"Girlfriend"

Love is Forbidden on the Soccer Field

You really didn't want to go to school anymore.

What was the point? You left Doojoon in order to protect him, and now you were Junhyung's "girlfriend".

You hated your life.

You dully sat up out of bed and got ready. Your movements were stiff and slow, like a robot.

You got to school early. It was raining -- the sky was grey and cloudy and the raindrops splashed on your head.

To your surprise, Junhyung was leaning against the entrance gate waiting for you. "Hey," He said, winking at you.

You glowered at him. "What? You had to come here early to wait for me and make my life hell?"

"Awww, don't say that." Junhyung pouted. "You're my GIRLFRIEND, after all."

What he didn't tell you was that for some reason he was so excited to come to school today he got up at five in the morning to wait in front of the school for you.

"Whatever. I don't care." You started to walk away, when he grabbed your arm.

"Yah. If you're going to be a girlfriend you better start acting like a girlfriend." Junhyung said angrily.

You stared into his eyes, hate and disgust on your face.

"But I'm not. I'm only pretending to be your "girlfriend" -- note the quotation marks -- because that's the only way I can protect Doojoon. Don't get so ing cocky and assume I actually LIKE you, because I don't. I love Doojoon."

Anger and pain filled Junhyung at your words, and he pulled you towards him and mashed his lips roughly against yours.

Your eyes widened in shock and you tried to push him away.

"You can't fight it." Junhyung growled.

You flinched. You had to do whatever he said, too.

You closed your eyes and fell limp. You shut yourself down and just let him do whatever he wanted to you. All you could think of was: It's going to be over soon, it's going to be over soon..........

Junhyung continued to kiss you eagerly, and you didn't fight him. When he finally pulled away, you just twisted out of his grasp, glared at him, and spat on the ground before wiping your mouth with your sleeve.

"Don't think I enjoyed that, bastard." You hissed.

Junhyung's expression hardened, and he took a threatening step towards you. "Do you REALLY want to see me pissed off, ~~~~~~-ah?" He growled.

You lowered your head, gritting your teeth and your hands in your fists. "..........No."

"Good. Then.........say you love me."

You shook your head. You could never say something like that. You didn't believe in empty words.

"Yah, say it!"

You kept your mouth shut tightly.

"Do you want me to tell Eunha right now?"

You thought about why you were doing this, why you were going through all this pain. It's all for Doojoon........it's all to protect him..........I'll do this, for you, Doojoon. Just please don't believe what I say. Please. My heart will always be yours. 

"I.........love...........you.........Junhyung."

Junhyung almost died from happiness, and he walked forward and hugged you. Your hands balled even tighter, until you almost heard your knuckles crack. "Let's go inside now, girlfriend. We have to let the others know the good news."

He walked in first, and you stood there in the rain for a while.

You looked at your hands. Your nails had cut into the soft flesh of your palm, leaving glistening red crescent-shaped cuts on your hands.

You sighed, dejected, and walked into the school.

*******************************************************************************************************************************

"You guys are WHAT?" Kikwang yelled in shock and horror.

"That's right, we're dating." Junhyung said smugly.

"No way!" Kikwang gasped, looking towards you. "But........but......."

"So stop hitting on her, unless you want me to hit you." Junhyung smirked, wrapping an arm around your waist.

Miyoung was silent through the whole thing. "Yah.........are you SURE you guys are dating?"

"Obviously, ."

"Well, then, why does ~~~~~~-ah look so unhappy?"

Junhyung hesitated, and felt his heart plunge. He must really like you, if hearing you are unhappy with him made him feel so sad.

You felt a glimmer of hope as you looked at Miyoung. According to Junhyung's orders, you couldn't tell anyone the truth about your "relationship", but he never said the person couldn't GUESS. You told Miyoung about you liking Doojoon, so she might be able to figure out the situation.

Miyoung fell silent, then stood up. "~~~~~~-ah, can I talk to you? Alone?"

"Yes!" You said, jumping up. Anything to get away from Junhyung.

"Yah, why alone?" Kikwang complained.

"Aish, just go, annoying brats." Miyoung pushed Junhyung and Kikwang out of the room and closed the door. She turned to face you.

"Alright, ~~~~~~-ah. What's going on?"

You gritted your teeth. "I....can't.......tell you."

"Why not? I'm your friend, right?"

"No -- I actually CAN'T. Or rather, I'm not allowed to."

Miyoung's eyes flashed. "I think I know what's going on...........you and Doojoon got into a relationship..........Junhyung caught you two...........and he forced you to become his girlfriend in order to keep his mouth shut."

"That about sums it up." You sighed. "Thank god you're smart."

"Oh, ~~~~~~-ah!" Miyoung pulled you in for a hug, and you let a few tears leak out.

"That bastard, I really want to hit him........" Miyoung snarled.

"I wish you could, Miyoung............I just.....feel so empty inside. Life doesn't mean anything without Doojoon, but I have to do this........I have to protect him." Your voice broke.

"I get it. I understand. But..............is it worth it to destroy your own happiness?"

"Anything is worth it if Doojoon is part of it." You insisted. "Besides, it's only three more months, and then we can finally be together. Just th-th-th-th.....thre.....three......th-three more........" You couldn't finish your words, and started crying.

"Oh, ~~~~~~-ah, if only I could do something to help you." Miyoung sighed, softly patting your back to comfort you.

"N-nothing to do, but just wait." You hiccupped.

*****************************************************************************************************************************

That day in class, Junhyung got up to make the announcement: that he and Im ~~~~~ were officially dating.

People screamed in shock and instantly, cell phones were out and people were texting others.

Doojoon sat in the classroom looking up at you, his face filled with pain. You were sure your face mirrored his.

"Kiss her, Junhyung!" Someone screamed. Instantly, they brought up a chant.

"Kiss her! Kiss her! Kiss her! Kiss her!" They chanted.

Miyoung glanced from Doojoon's horror-stricken face to Junhyung to you in alarm.

Junhyung complied to the chant, and eagerly. Everyone cheered when the two of you kissed.

You closed your eyes and begged it to be over, begging Doojoon not to look, not to see. I don't want you to see this, Doojoon. Look away.

Doojoon wanted to, but he couldn't. He couldn't tear his eyes away from the man standing up there with the love of his life, kissing her. He wanted to go up there and KILL Junhyung.

The two of you walked back to your seat. When you passed by Doojoon, he tried desperately to meet his eyes, but you looked away. We can't, Doojoon. We have to pretend we don't have feelings for each other.

Junhyung knew Doojoon was watching them, and smirked. "~~~~~~-ah, you love me, right?" He asked, gleefully watching Doojoon's facial reaction.

You hesitated. You didn't want to say this in front of him, in front of Doojoon.

But you had to.

".......Yes. I love you, Junhyung." You whispered quietly.

Doojoon stood up abruptly.

"Hyung?" Yoseob asked, worried.

"Bathroom." Doojoon muttered, running out of the classroom.

You looked out the rain-pounding window with tear-filled eyes. I'm hurting him so much..........when will this torture be over............

*****************************************************************************************************************************

Doojoon leaned against a wall and wearily ran his hand over his eyes. He felt like crying, he wanted his life to be over.

"So, I heard the news."

He looked up. Eunha stood before him, smirking slightly. "Im ~~~~~~~ is dating Yong Junhyung now. That's good. For a moment there, I suspected the two of you were having a forbidden relationship, but this totally changes everything. It's definitely not possible now. Well, get back to class or you'll break Rule #8: No skipping classes." She walked away.

Doojoon clutched at his aching heart. I know she's only saying those things to protect us, and we can be together in three more months.....but it's still killing me...........

Two months, three weeks left until Cube-ASC.