Back Down

Love is Forbidden on the Soccer Field

Doojoon sat in the library, his head buried in his arms. He looked up when he heard someone enter the room. It was Kwon Eunha.

"Hello, Eunha." He mumbled dully.

Eunha looked at him coolly. "I'm surprised. ~~~~~ was so close to you, yet you did nothing. I'm rather impressed."

"It's over, anyway." Doojoon muttered. "She broke up with me."

"Really?" Eunha asked, her eyes flashing behind her glasses. Doojoon glanced at her suspiciously. "You sound awfully happy."

Eunha felt her face turn red and she quickly looked away. "Don't be ridiculous. I just don't like punishing people. It would be a shame having the two leaders be punished in the Cube-ASC."

She walked away quickly. Doojoon glanced at her curiously before burying his head in his arms again.

Eunha looked dejected as she walked away. What am I doing? All I wanted is to have a chance to be with him........yet all I did was ruin his happiness. I really am a monster.

Eunha didn't like being mean and scaring people, but that's what she did. Her parents believed that power was happiness, and that you couldn't get power without being ruthless, agressive, and cold. That was how Eunha grew up -- in a cold family. With that ruthlessness and unfeeling harshness, Eunha became the leader of RACE. But she was still jealous of those other girls -- girls who were sweet and happy and cheerful. Girls who could get guys.

A harsh, mean girl could never get a guy.

She bumped into somebody, and her normal harsh coldness quickly appeared. "Watch it." She snapped.

Yoseob's eyes widened and he scrambled away. "E-E-Eunhha! S-sorry!"

Eunha tried to control herself. Great. Probably the one guy who was the most scared of her -- Yang Yoseob, the Aegyeo Kingka. "Whatever. I-it's fine."

"I'm looking for D-D-Doojoon hyung." Yoseob squeaked, staring at his shoes and keeping a safe distance from her. "D-Do you know where h-h-he is?"

"He's in the library." Eunha muttered.

"T-thank you, E-E-E-E-Eunha!" Yoseob stammered, edging away from her and quickly running past her.

"Yah." She called behind her shoulder. He stopped and looked at her quizzically.

She gazed at him, with a slight softness in her serious eyes. "Take care of him. If I see him still frowning at the end of the year, I will punish you. Got it?"

Yoseob nodded, frightened. "O-okay! G-got it!" He looked at her curiously for one last time before running up to the library.

Eunha sighed and walked along. Fine, ~~~~~~~. You win. All I do is hurt and frighten people..........I don't want that anymore. Go ahead and take Doojoon. I'll back down. I know better now.

Eunha remembered way back when she first met Doojoon, in her freshman year, before she became the leader of RACE.

*******************************************************************************************************************************

"Aaaaaargh, I can't believe I'm late!" Eunha hissed as she ran down the halls. "My parents will kill me if they find out........"

She rubbed her tired eyes. She was up until 1AM studying for an exam. Her parents forced her to be perfect, to be the best at her studies.........that didn't leave much time for friendships. Besides, she didn't know how to make friends. One look at her harsh, cold, emotionless eyes usually made people look the other way.

"Owch!" She tripped and fell to the ground hard. Ugh. She was so tired she couldn't move right. She hated her life..................

"You okay, miss?" Someone asked softly. Eunha looked up to see a VERY hot boy with dark, intense eyes bending down near her. She felt her cheeks turn red. She's never been spoken to by a boy before.

"I'm fine." She muttered coldly, struggling to get up.

"Here." He stood up first and held out a hand. She hesitated, but took it. He pulled her up easily.

"There you go. Are you okay, miss? Did you hurt yourself?"

"No." She muttered again, ducking her head.

There was a long pause. "You can thank me." The boy said after a while.

"Why should I?" Eunha snapped. She instantly felt bad. She didn't mean to snap at the nice, handsome boy. "Well..........um..........I mean...........yeah. Th-th-thank you." She had never thanked another person before.

The boy smiled cheerfully at her. "No problem, miss."

His smile was so cheerful and sweet, yet shy at the same time. It was refreshing and breathtaking, filled with happiness and genuine kindness and friendliness.

"You better get to class, or you'll be late." He advised, walked past her. "Goodbye, miss."

That was the first time Eunha met Yoon Doojoon........................and she's liked him ever since.

 ******************************************************************************************************************************

He was the first boy to ever smile at Eunha, and the only boy at that. Of course he would leave a big impression on her. His warm smile melted her cold heart.

But he fell in love with ~~~~~~~, and her cold heart froze over again.

But not anymore.

Go ahead and take him, ~~~~~~~. I won't fight. I will back down. Just make him happy. That's all I want. I just want to see his smile again. I just want that smile back -- that warm, shy smile that melts my heart.

Her lips twisted up in a small smile.

But if you break his heart, ~~~~~~~~, I will punish you. Don't make me think I made a mistake letting you have him. Make him smile, or I will punish you.

Please, ~~~~~~~~.

Make him smile again.