Cube-ASC

Love is Forbidden on the Soccer Field

"You............like Doojoon............don't you?"

Eunha's expression froze in shock, and she stared at you.

"You......what......."

Her face suddenly turned red, and she was at a loss for words. "W-what are you talking about..........don't be ridiculous!!!!!"

"Don't lie to me." You snapped, suddenly realizing anger was flaring up inside of you. How dare she like Doojoon? YOUR Doojoon? "You like him. That's why you're doing all this. You were stopping at NOTHING to separate us. Did you think that by doing that YOU would end up with Doojoon?"

The red colour suddenly drained from Eunha's face. There was a few moments silence.

"Remmeber what I said..........any interaction and I will punish you both." She hissed, before turnind and walking quickly out of the room.

For some reason, as the door slammed closed behind her, you felt bad, guilty at the things you said. Eunha didn't deserve it, but............if you were in her position........if you had the power..........would you have changed the rules just to end up with Doojoon?

Rubbing your suddenly pounding head in confusion, you left the room as well.

************************************************************************************************************************************************

You were going to do it. You were going to win the Cube-ASC.

You were going to show Eunha the power of the Sports Queenka.

"NO!!!" You yelled, blowing your whistle. The juniors immediately stopped, gasping for breath.

"You're losing your form!" You shouted. "From the start. Again! The exercises! We're gonna show the Blue Team our power!"

The juniors all nodded and kicked their soccer balls back to the starting position.

"Okay, GO!!!"

Miyoung glanced at you, frowning.

"What's wrong, Miyoung-ah?" Kikwang asked, walking over to stand next to her.

"Have you noticed that ~~~~~~~-ah's been really focusing on the soccer teams lately?"

Kikwang nodded. "Yeah, I've noticed that. I wonder why."

Miyoung smirked. "I think I know. It's because soccer is Doojoon's specialty. He's the soccer king."

"So?" Kikwang asked, scratching his head in puzzlement.

"Aish, DumbKwang." Miyoung sighed. "It means..........that she plans on defeating Doojoon in the Cube-ASC."

Kikwang looked startled. "What? But........aren't they, you know......."

"Yeah, but that's exactly it. The ~~~~~~~~-ah Doojoon fell in love with would never back down from a battle, even if it includes love. ~~~~~~-ah knows this, and that's why she's going to give it her all at the Cube-ASC, love or not."

Kikwang stared at Miyoung for a while. She turned pink. "Stop staring at me! What do you want?" She snapped.

"Well, I never really noticed this before, but..........you're really cute."

Miyoung exploded into a bright red. "W-what are you talking about at a time like this? You're supposed to be monitoring the junuors! DumbKwang!" She walked away quickly.

Kikwang chuckled as he stared after her. His expression softened. I accepted the fact that ~~~~~~-ah didn't love me and moved on.............but I feel that my heart starts to pound whenever I'm around Miyoung-ah. Maybe I................

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

You smiled as the juniors left the fields. Today's training went well, better than yesterday at least. Also, Junhyung was away for the week on some family trip or something, so he wasn't there to bother you or ruin your mood. Altogether, if you trained yourself a bit harder, you just might be able to defeat Doojoon.

Miyoung walked up to you. "Yah, ~~~~~~-ah, I have a problem................"

"What?"

She looked embarassed. "Well.......I don't know why......but for some reason today, Kikwang and I were talking, and he called me 'cute'..................and I don't know why..............but for some reason my heart started pounding like crazy!"

"Hmmm. Could you be FALLING IN LOVE WITH HIM, maybe?" You said, smirking.

She turned red. "No way! Not a chance! NEVER in a million years! He's nothing but a Player Kingka! I would never like a flirt like him!"

Your smile dropped from your face as you realized who was behind Miyoung at the moment.

Miyoung turned around and her jaw dropped, and her face paled.

Kikwang stared hard at his feet, his face turning slightly red.

"Haha, yeah......um......one of the juniors forgot to return the soccer ball.......and I volunteered to give it back to him, so yeah..........." He gave an awkward laugh. "Uh.......um..........s-see you tomorrow, Miyoung-ah..........~~~~~~~~-ah......."

He dropped the soccer ball and quickly ran away.

"Ouch, Miyoung." You winced in sympathy. "You really hurt his feelings."

Miyoung scoffed, but her voice was shaking slightly. "Oh please. H-he was probably just surprised that not all the girls in the world are in love with him. It's not a b-big deal anyway. I don't even like him, why should I care what I say about him?"

You frowned at Miyoung but decided to say nothing.

Miyoung stared at the quickly retreating figure of Kikwang. Why do I feel like I just made the biggest mistake of my life?

Kikwang rubbed at his red cheeks furiously, trying to get them to turn paler. How come when I heard her say that.....my heart hurt?

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

You practiced soccer by yourself after school. You kicked the ball on your knee, back and forth, counting quietly to yourself after each bounce.

You were at 188 when you heard a voice behind you say "~~~~~~-ah!"

You dropped the soccer ball in surprise, and whirled around. The sight of Junhyung's grinning face made you scowl. "Oh, it's you."

"What do you mean, 'it's you'? I'm hurt, at least welcome your boyfriend back." He said, smirking.

"We aren't even dating." You reminded him through gritted teeth. "As soon as the Cube-ASC is over, I'm going to be with the guy I actually love. Yoon Doojoon."

Junhyung scowled at you. "You still like him?"

"Of course. I ALWAYS will." You snarled.

He suddenly grabbed your wrist tightly and pulled you closer to him. "Ow, stop! That hurts---" You yelled, when suddenly his other hand went under your chin and forced your head upwards to look at him.

"When are you going to get over that bastard?" He yelled angrily.

You flinched at his fury but yelled right back. "I will NEVER get over him! He promised me we would be together as soon as this is over! We love each other, can't you understand that?"

Junhyung roughly flung you away, and you stumbled backwards a bit. You were surprised. He usually never acted like this.

"You're right. I can't understand." He muttered.

"Why not?" You demanded.

He looked you right in the eye and said "Do you really think you're the only girl he's made that promise to?"

There was a shocked silence.

"Ex-excuse me?" You asked in a trembling voice.

"You really think I hate that bastard for no reason?" Junhyung spat. "He was better than me at EVERYTHING -- sports, studies, friends, even in love. You think he's a total ANGEL, don't you? And I'm just the MONSTER, the BAD GUY. I hate him, more than anyone else in the world."

"Why?"

"News flash for you, darling -- Doojoon once made the exact same promise to a girl. He once said he'll always love her. He wrapped her around his little finger, then once she was wound tight enough, he let her spring. He left her and broke her heart."

You stood there, like a stone. Doojoon made the same promise to another girl? The promise he made with YOU? And then he broke her heart and LEFT her?

No. Impossible. Junhyung must be lying. There was no way Doojoon could have done that. You saw the look in his eyes when he looked at you. It was pure love. He couldn't be...............yet you couldn't look at Junhyung's face and believe he was lying. Junhyung turned his head and bit his lip hard, obvious pain in his eyes.

"Why do you hate him, then?" You whispered. Junhyung didn't answer, instead he walked away.

"YAH, YONG JUNHYUNG!!!" You screamed. "Tell me. Why do you hate him so much, if it isn't just rivalry? Why do you hate Yoon Doojoon?"

Junhyung paused and spoke, without turning around.

 

 

"The girl that he promised his love to...................her name was Shim Heran. She was my girlfriend."

 

 

He walked away, leaving you standing there, shocked.

 

It couldn't be your Doojoon could it?

 

 

 

 

Doojoon promised his love to a girl............who was still with another guy?