Flashback (Part 3)

Love is Forbidden on the Soccer Field

Hyunseung's POV:

Junhyung didn't come back to school.

He basically lost his will to live. He barely slept or ate, he never left his bedroom. I had to bring back homework for him to do.

I brought it up to him one day and said in frustration "Yah! Junhyung! You have to stop this, you know! Don't keep killing yourself over this!"

Junhyung didn't answer. He really was dying on the inside. He loved Heran, he gave her all his heart, but Doojoon still took her away from him.

I wasn't speaking to Doojoon. I was furious beyond belief. How could he do that to Junhyung? They were the best of friends, unrelated brothers. They knew absolutely every single thing about each other, they even knew what the other had for breakfast every day. They were inseperable.

Yet he still did this. He ruined their friendship just for a girl.

Okay, a pretty girl. But still, there were plenty of pretty girls out there in the world. Why did he have to steal one that was already TAKEN?

Everywhere I looked, I saw them together. Heran tugged at his arm and flashed him sweet-as-honey smiles, the same things she did to Junhyung. She really did fall in love with him. She fell for him bad, almost as bad as Junhyung fell for her.

I wanted to go over there and punch Doojoon's lights out. I wanted to scream in his face. But I couldn't do that. Not because it would ruin my Calm Kingka reputation, but because it wasn't my duty. It was Junhyung's duty to confront him. If that poor, heartbroken guy was ever going back to school.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

Two weeks later:

"Junhyung.........." I said quietly one day. "I-I think you should go to the school now. Like, right now."

"Why?" Junhyung asked dully.

"Because......Heran..........she's leaving, Junhyung."

Junhyung shot up from his bed, eyes wide. "What? Why?"

"Her family is moving away, to Pusan. She wants to talk to you. She's...............a real mess, right now, that's all I can say. She really wants to see you before she leaves."

Junhyung sunk back into the pillows. "Why doesn't she just get her new boyfriend to comfort her?" He snapped angrily, a painful betrayed look in his eyes.

"I don't know. She only asked for you. She's leaving today, Junhyung. Her airplane is tonight. This will be the last time you'll ever see her."

Junhyung hesitated, but then sat up from the bed. We ran downstairs, shoved our sneakers on, grabbed a coat, and ran off to the school.

Heran was waiting for him there. When she saw him, her eyes filled with tears. "Junhyung oppa!"

She ran towards him and hugged him tightly, sobbing into this chest.

Junhyung looked like he was in a lot of pain. But only his love for her kept him from running away right then and there. He her hair softly. "Heran, what's wrong?"

"I messed up everything." She said in a shaky voice. "I destroyed my happiness, I broke your heart............and I broke mine."

"What do you mean? Aren't you happy you're with Doojoon now?"

"W-when I told him I was leaving............I-I thought he loved me. He told me so. He promised the world to me. He promised he would always love me, never let me go, always keep me close to him. I loved him so much.........."

Junhyung's eye twitched at her words, but he said nothing.

"But...........when---when I told him I was leaving...........I-I thought he would try to make it work. Like, we could have a long-distance relationship or something. But----but he.........he just pushed me away. H-he said if I was just going to leave, there was no reason for us to be together anymore. And then he walked away. Just like that, it was o-over."

Junhyung's face turned from pain to anger, and his hands clenched into fists. "He said that to you?"

"Heran, that's so cruel........" I mumbled. "How could he.........?"

"I don't know. I-I loved him, and I thought he l-loved me. He promised me he always would love me. But as soon as I was gone.........h-he pushed me away. I-I just want to die right now. I destroyed so many lives, so many happiness, so many hearts. Including mine."

She Junhyung's cheek and kissed it one last time.

"I'm truly sorry, oppa. I should never have fallen in love with him. I should have loved you, and only you. I'm so sorry."

By the time Junhyung yelled out "Heran, wait!" in panic, she was gone, in her parent's car, driving to Seoul Airport.

Junhyung punched the school wall and gritted his teeth to ignore the pain. She was gone, and he was never going to see her again.

"Doojoon........broke her heart. How could he......?" I whispered in horror.

"Junhyung? Hyunseung?" A voice asked. Doojoon.

Junhyung turned around, and ran straight at him, and punched him in the face.

Doojoon fell to the ground.

"You bastard!" Junhyung yelled, tears filling his eyes. "You damn bastard! How could you? You broke my heart by taking away my girlfriend, then you broke her heart in return? Just how much do you have to with my happiness, HUH?"

"W-what are you talking about?" Doojoon groaned in pain, getting to his feet.

"I thought you were my best friend. My bro. Man, was I wrong."

Junhyung furiously rubbed away the tears with his arm. When he glared at Doojoon, his eyes were filled with betrayal, pain.........and hate. Hate beyond anything I've ever seen. A passionate fury, a burning anger, a demonic, black-soul hate.

"I will promise you this, Doojoon. I will get you back one day, I will take revenge for this. The next time you find a girl you love, I will take her away from you. I will save that future girl from another heartbreak. I will not let another girl have her heart broken by you. I promise you that, and unlike you, I intend to keep my promise."

Then he turned around and ran back home, leaving me standing there stunned, and Doojoon watching him with a bloody lip, the barest hint of sadness in his eyes.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

YOUR POV:

"And ever since then, he changed." Hyunseung said quietly. "He became devilish, sarcastic, wicked, and dangerous. He got into fights. He became a real Badass Kingka. And he hated Doojoon down to the bone."

He looked at you, concerned. "Are you okay? Maybe I shouldn't have told you this."

Your hands were shaking, and your face was ghostly pale. "N-no.....I'm fine. I needed to know this."

You ran away before Hyunseung could say anything else.

You felt sick. You felt like throwing up.

Doojoon was going to break your heart, just like he did to Shim Heran.

All those things Junhyung did...................was he just trying to protect you? Save you from a heartbreak Doojoon would have given you?

You bumped into somebody as you were exiting the park. "I'm sorry........." You gasped when you realized who it was.

Doojoon.

Doojoon's face broke into a breathtaking smile that made your heart pound. But right now you didn't want to have your breath taken away. You wanted to go home and cry in pain.

"~~~~~~-ah!" He said in delight. "Man, isn't this a lucky coincidence! You saw my message on the tree, right? You saw it? It's the truth. Just about a month left to go, and then we can be together!"

You shook your head. "No. No, we can't."

"What.........what do you mean?" He asked, confused, his smile falling.

You glared at him through tearful eyes. "Did you really mean what you promised me? Or were you going to steal my heart and then break it and leave me, just like you did with Shim Heran?"

Doojoon's jaw dropped when I mentioned her name. "Shim.......Heran? What......how.......how did you know her name?"

"Forget it, Doojoon. I don't want my heart broken. I can't love someone like you." You ran past him and back home, tears running down your cheeks.