The Game

Love is Forbidden on the Soccer Field

The ref blew the whistle. "Five minute break!"

You fell to the ground, gasping. Miyoung ran to your side and handed a water bottle and towel over to you. You weakly took it. "Thanks." You panted, pouring some water into your mouth.

"You were fighting like a lion out there, ~~~~~~~-ah!" Kikwang said in awe. "If it wasn't for you constantly blocking him, Doojoon would have scored, like, fifty goals already!"

"What's the score?" You mumbled through dry lips. After about ten minutes, you've lost track of all the kicking and blocking and saving.

"9-10. The Blue Team is leading by a point." Junhyung muttered as he collapsed beside you. Kikwang handed him a water bottle too.

You turned your head to look at Doojoon. He was sweating and sitting on the ground, drinking from a water bottle.

"You know, this is the first time I've ever seen him look so tired after twenty minutes of a game." Junhyung said. "This is all your doing, ~~~~~-ah. It's your tremendous sports skills that are keeping us up."

You scowled at Doojoon. "No. He's going easy on me. I can tell. Whenever I block him, I can feel him lessen the power in his legs, change the angle and speed, in order to avoid any physical contact with me."

Miyoung frowned. "So, even though they're winning.........he's still not taking it seriously?"

You glowered in his direction again. Even though you were giving it your all, Doojoon was still beating you. You had to step up your game.

"Alright, game back on!" The ref shouted.

You tottered back onto the field. If you managed to score two more goals in the next five minutes before the game ended you would win the entire Cube-ASC. You had to do it.

You found the ball and began kicking it and racing down the field to the other team's net. You slowed down your pace when Doojoon blocked your way.

You could see his muscles straining from the effort not to go all out on you. "Stop holding back your strength." You hissed. "Show me your true skill!"

"No." Doojoon panted stubbornly, sweat trickling down his face as you feinted to the right, then to the left.

"Don't you DARE hold back on me, Yoon Doojoon!" You yelled furiously, running past him and shooting into the net. The score was 10-10.

"Yeah!" Junhyung gave you a high five. In the corner of your eye, you could see Doojoon's face grow hard.

Doojoon and Junhyung faced off for the ball. They glared dagger-eyes at each other, murder in their eyes.

"Long time no see on the soccer fields, Junhyung." Doojoon muttered.

"Let's settle this once and for all, Doojoon." Junhyung growled.

They battled it out, running back and forth, neither willing to let the ball go to the other.

"Dammit!" You groaned, running in between them and stealing the ball.

Doojoon cast one last glance at Junhyung -- this time a mixture of pain and loss -- before running after you.

"Show. Me. Your. True. Skill. DOOJOON!!!" You yelled furiously as you dodged left.

He blocked you easily, but didn't attempt to steal the ball. "No. ~~~~~-ah!" He looked into your eyes and said fiercely. "Despite everything that's happened to us so far, I still love you more than anything. I don't want this to ruin our relationship!"

"Our RELATIONSHIP is already ruined!" You hissed. "If you REALLY don't want anything to come between us, then you better give it your all in this game!"

Doojoon's eyes turned hard, and suddenly the ball was gone.

You looked over your shoulder in time to see Doojoon kick the ball past the goalie and into your net. The score changed 10-11.

Your heart sank. Only two minutes left. You weren't going to make it. You were running on the barest millimetre of your strength, you had none left. You were weak. For the first time ever in your life, you felt drained of energy and hope. You were going to lose.

The crowds roared. "Doojoon oppa! Kyaaaaa, we love you!!!" Doojoon's fangirls chorused. Those stupid YoonJoon Fan Club groupies. You hated them so much.

"Yeah, Doojoon!" Everyone cheered.

Junhyung faced Doojoon off again, but Doojoon did a tricky feint and dodged past him back to the net. You blocked his way.

Doojoon paused, bouncing the ball up and down on his knees. "You seem weak, ~~~~-ah. Your legs are shaking."

"Shut up." You gasped through gritted teeth, lunging for the ball. He kicked it aside and went for it again. He didn't move, though. He frowned.

"~~~~~-ah, you're getting weak. This isn't even half your strength. It's barely a quarter. Are you really that drained?"

"I said SHUT UP!!" You yelled, lunging for the ball again. Doojoon sighed and kicked the ball away again. He scored once more into the net easily, the ball moving so fast the goalie squealed with fright and jumped out of the way. The crowd roared even louder.

"Blue Team has the Cube-ASC in the bag!"

"With Doojoon, not even Im ~~~~~ can win this game!"

Doojoon grinned, his usual competitive cofidence building up more and more...............until he heard Miyoung scream.

"~~~~~~~~~~~-AH!!!!!"

Doojoon turned around and gasped in horror.

You were completely empty of strength, weak with stress and hopelessnes. You collapsed on the field.

"Time out!" The ref yelled. "Time out! A player has collapsed on the field!"

Junhyung ran to your side. "~~~~~-ah, are you okay?"

Kikwang and Miyoung almost ran to your side too, until they gasped when Doojoon did something umistakable.

He ran to your side as well.

"~~~~~-ah!" He yelled. "~~~~~-ah!"

People gasped in shock and started muttering to each other.

He knelt down by your side. "~~~~~-ah, answer me! Are you okay? ~~~~~-ah!"

You didn't move.

"I think she's just passed out." Junhyung said.

"No! She has to be okay!" Doojoon yelled frantically. "~~~~-ah, answer me! I have to know if she's okay!"

You heard a voice echoing in your head.

~~~~~-ah.............

~~~~~-ah.............

I'm so sorry.

Then everything went silent and dark, and you heard nothing more.