Kikwang and Miyoung (Part 2)

Love is Forbidden on the Soccer Field

MIYOUNG'S POV (STILL)

"Welcome back to Cube-ASC's second game!" The principal said. "Our next match...........is IRON DODGEBALL!!!"

I gulped. Beside me, ~~~~~-ah was freaking out.

"What kind of a god-forsaken game is this? What he hell? Do they WANT to kill us? Is this even approved by the school board? This is DEFINITELY a safety hazard!"

Iron dodgeball was basically like normal dodgeball.................except you threw balls made of iron, not soft fluffy balls.

"Miyoung-ah, you seriously aren't serious, right?" ~~~~~~-ah demanded. "People can DIE at this game!"

"Probably." I muttered, shaking. I was participating in this game along with Kikwang.

"Be careful." ~~~~~~-ah said desperately. I forced a shaky smile. "I'll be okay."

The principal blew the whistle, and the games began.

Somebody from the other side of the gym grabbed an iron ball and hurled it at me. I dodged out of the way neatly, and it crashed into the opposite wall. Walls were built around the area like a stadium, so nobody in the crowds would get hurt.

From the corner of my eye, Kikwang grabbed an iron ball and neatly brushed it against an opponent's shoulder. I knew he was showing off to me. He made sure all his mucles showed when he threw the heavy ball, and he got somebody out without injuring them.

Okay, so I was impressed. But it wasn't a big deal.

I dodged another ball that came flying my way. Kikwang cast me a nervous glance, but he was busy dodging iron balls too. He was the best player in the team, and they were obviously going for him.

The game ran on ruthlessly and bloodily. Several times the principal called the match to a halt, because members had to get first-aid from getting hit. I don't understand how Cube High gets away with stuff like this. There was blood splatters on the floor now, and it was making me sick. I wish I could have helped, but I was too weak to carry the iron ball, so all I could do was dodge.

Soon, it was just one person on the other team, and me and Kikwang on the other. Kikwang was strong and I was fast, so we made a pretty good team. I handed him balls and he hurled them at the loser on the other team, but he kept on dodging them.

I ran to grab a fallen ball, when I heard Kikwang shout in horror "MIYOUNG-AH!!"

I turned my head and screamed. The loser from the other team had changed target. Instead of hurling the balls at Kikwang, he just threw one at me. And I was defenseless.

I closed my eyes and braced for a painful impact, but none came. Instead, screams and gasps filled my ears. I opened my eyes.

"Halt the match!" The principal shouted. "Somebody has been injured!"

"Kikwang!" I screamed. "Kikwang! Oh my god..........."

Kikwang had thrown himself in front of me and took the hit. He gasped and gritted his teeth in pain, clutching his forehead. Blood trickled from in between his fingers and down his face.

"Oh my god, Kikwang!" I gently removed his fingeres and gasped. The wound was deep and ugly and looked so painful my own head throbbed.

"It's............nothing." Kikwang muttered through gritted teeth. "Not a big.........deal........"

"Kikwang, you can die from blood loss!" I said tearfully. "Why did you do that?"

"Simple. You............were in............trouble............."

I froze. Such simple words. But they carried so much meaning.

Tears fell down my cheeks as people supported Kikwang to the nurse's office. I wanted to go with him. But I still had a game to play.

I looked at the bastard who injured Kikwang, and my eyes blazed with anger. White-hot, flaming red anger. Anger that could kill.

The principal hollered "Let the match resume!"

No sooner had those words left his lips did I grab an iron ball and hurl it at the bastard.

He didn't see it coming. It caught him in the stomach and he collapsed to the ground.

Silence. Then deafening screaming.

"WE WON!!! WE WON!!!" Red Team cheered. "We won we won we won! 2-0 us in Cube-ASC!!!"

I dodged all the pats on the backs and high-fives. I didn't want them. I ran to ~~~~~~~~-ah's side. Her eyes were wide with worry. "Go."

I nodded and ran down the hallways to the nurse's office.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

I sat on a stool near the bed as Kikwang slept.

The nurse healed him, and he thankfully didn't get a concussion. His forehead was wrapped heavily in bloodstained bandages. He stirred uneasily in his sleep.

Tears dripped from my face. "I'm so sorry, Kikwang." I whispered.

Suddenly, something clicked as I stared into his face.

He was beautiful. More beautiful than anything I've ever seen before. His closed eyes, his full lips..............everything about him was beautiful and perfect.

My breath stopped in between my lips, and my heart started pounding.

I loved him. More than anything in the world.

I gently took his unmoving hand and the smooth skin. Then I leaned forward and slowly, very, very carefully, I pressed my lips against his, as soft and gentle as I could manage.

I closed my eyes. I couldn't believe I ever denied it. There was no one else but him for me.

As I started to pull away, Kikwang's other hand that I wasn't holding suddenly shot out and curled around my neck so I couldn't escape. I gasped in surprise.

His eyes flickered open and he smirked. "I knew you were here all along, Miyoung-ah."

He struggled to sit up, then smiled and released me. But his hand curled tightly around my hand, never letting go.

"Thank you for saving me." I mumbled, turning red.

Kikwang smiled. "Anything for you."

I blushed darker, and he leaned forward and kissed me again. I felt my heart stop.

"To be honest, I'm not that upset I'm injured." Kikwang whispered.

"W-why?" I stuttered, kind of dazed after his sweet kiss.

"Well, I did get the girl in the end." He said, and I laughed.

"I love it when you laugh." He whispered, before taking off my glasses and leaning forward to kiss me again.

 

 

 

So, my love story ended up having a happily ever after.

But the question is..............................will YOURS?