Red Cheeks; Pounding Heart

Love is Forbidden on the Soccer Field

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH HELP US DAMMIT!!!" You slammed your fists on the door.

Doojoon sat down on an upturned bucket. "Calm down already, ~~~~~-ah. We're locked in here until tomorrow morning, we might as well save our energy."

You glared at him. "Your'e being WAAAAAAAAAY too calm for this kind of situation!"

He smiled at you. "Well, if I'm spending a night in a cloest with somebody, I'd rather spend it with ~~~~~-ah."

You rolled your eyes and blushed despite yourself. WOAH THERE, ~~~~~~! YOU DON'T BLUSH, ESPECIALLY FOR THIS SPORTS IDIOT!!!!!

You sat down on the floor.

"Can't you use your cell phone and call for helo?" You asked him.

"I left it in my backpack, which I left outside." He said, sighing. "What about you?"

You paused. "I......I........I don't have a cell phone." You admitted sheepishly.

"What? What kind of teenager are you?" Doojoon yelped. "But........wait a minute.........OHHHHH that's why you keep on refusing to give me your number!!!"

"I wouldn't have given it to you even if I DID have one." you muttered.

There wasn't any air conditioning in the closet, and it was getting extremely hot and stifling.

You tugged at your collar. Dammit, it's so hot in here I can almost die........I feel claustrophobic.......

Doojoon yelled out in frustration, scaring the hell out of you in the process.

"W-what?" You stammered.

"I'm so FREAKING hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" He started to his shirt.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!" You howled, covering your eyes. "Put your shirt back on right now!!!!!!!!!"

"I can't I'm DYING from the heat!"

You uncovered your eyes and instantly wished you didn't. Doojoon had taken off his shirt, and his mucles from playing sports showed. You could see the sweat trickling down his abs.......................

He noticed you staring and smirked slightly. "Do you like what you see?"

You blushed furiously. "NO!!!!!!!!!"

He walked over. "Are you sure?" He teased, enjoying your reaction. "Here, look closer."

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!" You yelled in panic, burying your face in your hands.

Nothing happened.

You looked back up and realized he had sat back down on the upturned bucket, laughing. "Silly ~~~~~-ah, you're so cute when you panic like that."

You scowled at him, bright red. "Shaddup."

Silence.

"So, since we're spending the night here, let's talk about ourselves!" Doojoon said brightly. "You first!"

You'd much rather tell him to shut up again but he was right -- there was nothing else to do. You sighed.

"Nothing much, really. I'm in a normal family of hard-working, middle-class people. My parents are really laid-back, they just let me do whatever. I have a younger sister, Im Sun. We're pretty close, I guess."

"I didn't know you had a sister." Doojoon pouted.

"Well, I normally don't tell you guys anything. Anyway, I loved playing sports ever since I was little. I was the kind of girl you would see playing tackle football with the guys rather than standing around gossiping with the girls."

Doojoon chuckled softly. "I can SO see that."

You smiled softly back, lost in your memories. "I guess.......Hey, you see this?"

You held up your arm and rolled up your sleeves up to your shoulder. Doojoon stared at the beautiful, intricate pitch-black butterfly tattoo on your arm.

"You have a tattoo?"

You nodded, staring at the tattoo, and Doojoon could have sworn your eyes were filled with sadness. "I got this tattoo when I was fourteen..........when my parents died."

"But.....you just said........" Doojoon yelped in surprise.

"They aren't my real parents. I'm adopted. My....my real name is Kim ~~~~~~."

"Oh.....I never.....I'm so sorry....." Doojoon whispered.

You shook your head gently. "It's okay, it doesn't matter. My family that I have now loves me, and that's all that counts. But I made a promise to my real parents that I would do whatever it takes to achieve my dream. So that's why I enrolled into Cube High."

"What is your dream?" Doojoon asked you softly.

You looked embarassed, and bit your lip. "I......I want to compete in the Olympics."

"That's a great dream!" Doojoon said enthusiastically. 

You smirked. "Enough with my sob story, tell me yours."

He chuckled. "I don't have a sob story. No dead parents, no determined promises. My parents....well, we never really had a lot of money. My dad.....er......he liked to drink. And gamble. Sometimes he got too drunk, and he'd lose a lot of our money. Then he'd get angry and take it out on something. Usually me."

"He......he BEAT you?" You gasped. For some reason, the thought of someone hurting Doojoon repulsed you.

"Well, it was either me or my mom, and there was no way in hell I'd let him beat my own mother. So I took all the hits." Doojoon said.

"Well, it looks like protecting my mother didn't do much about it. One night when I was twelve she ran away with some stranger she had a one-night-stand with. I wasn't going to stay with my father anymore, since I no longer needed to protect my mom. So I packed up my things and left."

"Where did you go to?" You realized you and Doojoon had somehow moved closer together, until your knees practically touched.

"I went to Hyunseung's place."

"You live with Hyunseung?"

"Yeah. We've been childhood friends since forever. His parents knew of my situation and kindly took me in. I've been living with them ever since. They're really nice about it, I try not to bother them too much."

"So what's your dream?" You whispered. For some reason, your heart beat faster when you looked at his face.

"I want to be a sports star, simple as that. I want to win the national soccer tournaments, to have my face on television. For a boy who had.....well.....had nothing, being a sports star doesn't sound all that bad. And I lvoe sports, too. Whenever I was sad, or angry, I just had to kick a ball around and I felt better again."

He looked you in the eyes and smiled. "I guess that's why I'm a total sports maniac, right?"

You couldn't say anything. You couldn't even look away from his deep eyes.

He looked away and sighed. "Damn, I don't even have the time. How long have we been in here?"

You shook your head dumbly. "I....I don't know."

God, why am I acting this way????!!!!

It was getting later and later. Your eyelids drooped, and you yawned.

"Sleepy?" Doojoon asked.

"Y-y-y-y-y-yes." You said in between a huge yawn.

He held out an arm. "Come over here."

"Woah, wait. Why?" You stared at him suspiciously, trying to calm your suddenly pounding heart.

"What? You want to sleep on the concrete floor? Lean on me and sleep, it'll be comfortable."

Slowly and hesitantly, you crawled over and leaned on him. He put his arm around you, enveloping you in his warm body. You were blushing like crazy.

"Relax already, it's not like I'll do anything to you when you sleep." Doojoon assured you.

"Seriously?" You couldn't help to ask.

He grinned. "I'll do something to you when you're awake."

You blushed even harder at this, for the first time ever you realized you didn't beat him up for saying something like that. You...................liked it.

Sleep got the best of you. You leaned on his broad shoulder as a pillow. It was nice and warm here.

Doojoon's hand softly your hair. "Just go to sleep, ~~~~~-ah." He said softly.

You liked that voice. It was so warm and soothing.......so safe.

Oh my god.........do I like Doojoon? You managed to think, before you fell fast asleep.