Flashback (Part 2)

Love is Forbidden on the Soccer Field

(Still Hyunseung's POV, remember, this is how HE remembers this):

"Junhyungie oppa!" Heran squealed, throwing her arms around Junhyung and squeezing him tightly. "I missed you so much, I couldn't wait to see you!"

"I missed you too, Herannie." Junhyung said joyfully, looking like he was the luckiest man on earth.

Seriously, he LOVED her. He did everything for her. He gave her piggyback rides when she was too tired to walk, he bought her whatever she wanted, he took her out on any place she wanted to go. He spoiled her rotten.

I was happy for him, even though I thought he was acting a bit too obsessed over Heran. But what made me more curious is that the happier Junhyung and Heran were together, the unhappier Doojoon got.

I kept on asking him what was wrong, if he didn't like them being together, and he just muttered "It's nothing."

Like today, for example. We were all sitting at our usual table, girls were as usual shooting death glares at Heran.

She tugged on his arm. "Junnie oppa, can you buy me lunch please?"

"Of course, Rannie. What do you want?" He took out his wallet and the two of them skipped off to the lunch line.

Doojoon shot a look at them, and I felt a bit suspicious. He really, REALLY didn't like those two together. Why?

"Doojoon, at least TRY to be nicer to Heran." I said to him, frowning. "Junhyung really likes her, and as the maknae of our trio, you should try to be happier for him."

"I just think.........they aren't right together...........that's all." Doojoon muttered.

They returned, and Heran kissed Junhyung on the cheek. "Thank you, oppa. You really are the sweetest thing."

Junhyung turned pink and smiled with pleasure. "Whatever you want, I will give you, Heran."

"I know you will, oppa."

I smiled at them. "You lovebirds aren't going to start making out in front of us, are you? I want to keep my lunch in my stomach."

"Oh, shut up." Junhyung muttered, turning a darker shade of red.

Heran giggled. "It's okay, Junhyung. After all, WE'RE MEANT TO BE."

Doojoon suddenly shot upwards in his chair, his face white and pale.

"Hyung?" Junhyung asked, surprised.

"I'm not hungry anymore." He hissed, and walked out of the cafeteria so fast I could have sworn he was running.

I frowned. What's up with Doojoon?

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

One day, a few weeks later, I was in the library with Junhyung. For some reason, Junhyung was frowning and he looked lost in thought about something.

"Yah.........Hyunseung......"

"Yeah?"

"I've been worried.......about me and Heran."

"Why?" I asked.

"Well.......lately, we haven't gone on any dates......she's always saying she's busy doing something...........and it just feels WEIRD, somehow.............also, I've been seeing her hanging out with hyung a lot lately.....like, A LOT a lot."

I frowned and put my book down. "What do you mean, 'hanging out'?"

"Well, wherever I go, she's right beside him, talking and laughing with him. And the smiles she gives him........it kind of reminds me of the smiles she gave ME when we went on dates................I don't know, Hyunseung. It feels really awkward somehow. She's always doing SOMETHING with him......walking to school, walking home, doing projects together..................something doesn't feel right, Hyunseung, and I'm scared. I'm scared of losing Heran."

I attempted a smile, although it was forced. "Don't worry, Junhyung. Doojoon is your best friend. You guys have known each other since you were in kindergarten. He wouldn't do anything to hurt you."

Junhyung gave a small, hopeful smile. "You really think so?"

"Of course. He's your hyung. He won't do anything to separate you and Heran. Trust him."

But on the inside, I had a deep suspicious pang in my chest.

Something really didn't feel right.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

"Junhyung..............can I talk to you for a second?" Heran asked quietly.

Junhyung nodded, surprised. He got up and followed her outside.

Very quietly so they wouldn't hear me, I snuck up behind them. They went behind the school, so I crouched down behind some garbage bins to listen to them.

"Heran, how come you never talk to me anymore? We haven't been on a date in three weeks! What's wrong? Is there something happening?"

"Junhyung.......oppa.......I-I'm so sorry......" Heran said quietly, before bursting into silent tears.

Junhyung looked taken aback. "Heran! Rannie! What's wrong? Tell me what's wrong? Don't cry, Heran!"

He attempted to put his arm around her shoulders to comfort her, but she pulled away, still crying. "I'm.....I'm so.......I'm so sorry, Junhyung. But I......I can't be with you anymore."

There was a shocked silence. "What? What do you mean? Why?" Junhyung asked in a soft, weak voice.

"I'm so sorry.......b-but I can't......I just can't......"

"Heran! Tell me why!"

"I-I've been hanging out with Doojoon oppa s-so much lately, and.....and.....all the projects we've done......I got to know him so well, we talked so much..............and then he......I'm so sorry, oppa. He....he confessed to me."

"What? Doojoon hyung.....what?"

"He confessed to me today. He said he's been in love with me ever since he first saw me and there was no other girl for him but me. He-he said......so many other things.......and......I can't believe it.....but I.....I fell in love with him too."

"Heran.......you..........you fell in l-lo...lo....." Junhyung choked on the words.

Heran wiped her eyes with her sleeve and gave a small sob. "I'm so SORRY, oppa. I never wanted this to happen, but he............he.........he stole my heart. He said such sweet words, gave me such sweet smiles..........it was like quicksand. As soon as I got stuck......I just sunk deeper and deeper."

"Heran, please......" Junhyung choked out. Heran shook her head sobbing. 

"I can't get him out of my mind anymore. I can't stop thinking about him. I'm so sorry, I didn't want to.....I tried not to.........but I can't keep hurting you like this, oppa. I can't give you false love when my heart has been stolen by another."

She leaned over and kissed his cheek, tears running down her smooth cheeks.

"I hope you can forgive me one day........and find a girl who will truly love you, someone who will not fall so easily for another man.........." She whispered, still crying.

"I'm so sorry, oppa."

Then she ran away.

Junhyung stood there for a few minutes, shocked. Then the whole weight of it sunk in, and he lowered down to his knees.

I ran over to him. "Junhyung! Junhyung! Keep it together!"

His shoulders were shaking, and tears ran from his eyes. "Hyung....how.....how could he......he knew how much I loved her........yet............."

I grimaced at the obvious pain in his eyes.

I couldn't believe Doojoon actually did that.

Why did he steal Heran's heart?

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

Last part of the flashback coming up soon...............^^