The Start of Everything

Love is Forbidden on the Soccer Field

"~~~~~~~~~-ah!" Doojoon yelled, happily waving his arms. "~~~~~~~-ah!"

You turned red and ran off.

He frowned. "What's wrong with her?"

"I dunno." Hyunseung shrugged. "I heard you guys got stuck in the supplies closet overnight. You didn't do anything to her, did you?"

"Of course not!" Doojoon protested. "Well, I did take off my shirt......."

You ran to your locker, your heart pounding.

Okay, I'm in seriously deep . Every time I see him....no, even THINK about him.....my face turns redder than a tomato and my heart starts to beat a mile a minute!!!!! Oh my god, I really AM in love with him!!!!!

"AAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!" You yelled in frustration. "Out of EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN PERSON IN THIS WORLD, why did it have to be HIM????????!!!!!!!! WHY THAT SPORTS-CRAZY IDIOT?"

"You're talking about Doojoon, I presume." A voice said near your ear.

You spun around, and Junhyung grabbed your wrist so you couldn't run away. "I haven't seen you in a while." He smirked.

You remembered what happened the last time the two of you met, and you turned slightly pink. "Get lost." You muttered. "I have a LOT of things on my mind right now....."

"Really? Are any of those things me?" Junhyung teased, but in his heart he was secretly hoping you were thinking about him.

"Hardly. Now let me go so I can go to class, you half-assed loser!" You snarled, trying to break free.

Junhyung grabbed your other wrist and slammed you into the locker.

"Are you TRYING to piss me off?" He growled dangerously. For a brief moment you realized why they called him the Bad Boy Kingka.

"N-no...." You said, gulping slightly.

Junhyung froze for a second, his gaze moving towards your full, kissable lips. He stopped thinking for a moment. He leaned forward slowly.

You realized what he was doing. "Oh HELL NO!!!!!" You strugggled to break free.

Before his lips could touch yours, he was pulled backwards.

"Nuh-uh! Nobody touches ~~~~~~~-ah but me!" Doojoon said playfully.

Junhyung returned to his senses and glared at Doojoon. "Son of a , you wanna go?"

"Bring it on." Doojoon smirked.

"Yah, this isn't the time." Hyunseung said, pulling the two apart. "Not in the middle of the hallway. Break it up, guys. Just chill, okay?"

Junhyung shook Hyunseung off and glared at Doojoon again. "This isn't over, you sports freak. Not by a long shot."

"Oh I bet." Doojoon hissed.

When Junhyung took one last look at you and disappeared, Doojoon turned around smiling brightly. "Well, ~~~~~-ah? Am I a hero?"

Your face turned bright red. "I-I have to go to class." You mumbled, grabbing your books and running off.

"Yah, ~~~~~~-ah! YAH!!!" Doojoon called after you.

"What's up with her?" Doojoon asked, frowning. "She doesn't look me in the eye anymore."

********************************************************************************************************************************************

"Why why why why WHY??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" You yelled to yourself, banging your fist on the table.

"Why what?" A girl asked.

You turned around. She was a very quiet, shy-looking girl with glasses, her face always buried in a book. You've sat next to her all year so far, but you never really got to know her. She didn't speak much in class.

But now that you looked closely, she didn't look shy at all. Her eyes behind those glasses glittered with a sort of hawk-eyed brightness, and they twinkled with mischief. Her lips, although they were always frowning in concentration, looked like they might turn up at the corners at any moment.

You liked that face.

"You're Im ~~~~~, the Sports Queenka right?" She asked. "I'm Park Miyoung, nice to meet you."

"Yeah, nice to meet you." The two of you shook hands.

"So, what's all this 'why' about?" She asked, closing her book with a snap.

"Well......." You hesitated. "You can't tell anybody, okay?"

She smirked -- the first time you ever saw her smile. "Why would I? Have you ever seen me talk to anyone before?"

"Okay.........well.........there's this guy that really likes me, but I used to really hate him, and now I actually like him, but I don't know what to do because I really really really DON'T want to like him even though I can't help it!" You said in a rush. It didn't make sense, even to you.

Miyoung seemed to get the drift. "So, you don't know how to act on your feelings because you're liking the guy you used to hate and you don't understand why you feel this way about him. That sounds complicated."

"Tell me about it." You groaned. "And this is my first experience with love as well."

She smirked and leaned close. "Let me guess....." She whispered. "Yoon Doojoon?"

You scrambled backwards and nearly fell off your seat. "YAH HOW DID YOU KNOW?"

"It's pretty damn obvious. That guy's been in love with you since that soccer game at the beginning of the year. And it's pretty damn obvious he pissed you off too. Since when did you realize your.....ahem, feelings......for him?"

"Er...........a few days ago, when we got locked in the supplies closet together." You admitted. "Ever since then, I turn red whenever I look or even THINK of him, and my heart pounds like crazy, and I get all sweaty and nervous. At first, I thought it was some type of disease, like I was allergic to him or something, but I researched it all up and all the leading experts say it's the symptoms of love."

Miyoung snickered. "An idiot could know that, girlie."

You smiled back. Even though plenty of people admired you in Cube High, no one was actually your friend. Miyoung, though, was different. You knew she was your friend.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

You and Miyoung walked into the huge auditorium where the principal was going to make an announcement.

"Students, it gives me great pleasure to start the Cube High Annual Sports Competition!"

There was loud cheers and clapping all around.

"What's that?" You whispered to Miyoung.

"The Cube High Annual Sports Competition -- otherwise known as Cube-ASC -- is a sports contest that takes place every year. It's very big in Cube High. It's probably the most important part of the school year."

"What happens?"

"The entire school from freshmen to sophomore years is split into two teams, RED and BLUE. You get about four months to prepare and train your team, and then the teams participate in an end of year epic, all-out sports battle to win the contest. The seniors are judges, coaches, trainers, and try to keep the peace. But......there are some problems."

"Like what?"

"Well.........you know how competitive our school is. It gets pretty messy once the teams are made. It doesn't matter if a person is your best friend, a lover, or even a family member. If they're on the other team, you guys are total enemies. Cube-ASC has ruined dozens of relationships, friendships, and has broken up countless bonds between family. It's really scary. People also start to play dirty. They'll do whatever it takes to get the other team's best players out of the game, even before the actual competition. You have to watch your back for four whole months. Some people have even gone to the hospital because of that. And then, RACE is there to screw things all up too."

"RACE participates?" The Rule-Abiding Council of Excellence or whatever participated?

"Yup."

"Why does everyone have to be so competitive? I mean, FAMILY MEMBERS? That's a little too much."

Miyoung's face hardened, and her eyes flashed for a brief second. "It's the rule. The most important rule of all, in fact, in RACE. Rule #1: During the Cube High Annual Sports Competition, interaction with the opposing teams are FORBIDDEN."

"Wow, those RACE guys are jerks." You sighed.

"Tell me about it."

You thought about it. You hoped you were on Doojoon's team. Even though you were too scared to even look at his face right now, you wanted to be on his side. You didn't want to be seperated from him.

For some reason, the thought of being enemies with Doojoon sickened you.

The principal took two envelopes. "I will now announce the team leaders."

The entire school held their breath.

The principal opened one envelope. "Leader of Team Blue.....................is YOON DOOJOON!!!"

The school cheered. "Well done, Doojoon!"

"We knew you'd be a leader!"

"Yeah, Doojoon!"

"Congratulations." You whispered softly. Miyoung smiled beside you but thankfully said nothing.

You saw Yoseob and Hyunseung clap him on the back. He was grinning like crazy. He turned around to look at you, and you quickly hid your face.

"Settle down now! I will no announce the next leader................"

The school became as silent as the grave.

"The leader of Team Red......................is IM ~~~~~~~~~~!!!!"

You gasped, and suddenly turned pale. Doojoon's big smile dropped, and he stared at you in horror. "No....." He mumbled in surprise. "No.....not ~~~~~-ah........"

"Oh ." Miyoung whispered.

" is right." You groaned.