The time has come

Love is Forbidden on the Soccer Field

"So, you went out with Junhyung?"

"Yeah. Oppa was my first love. I was so thrilled when he asked me out. I was shy, you see, so I didn't know how to approach him." Heran beamed. "I'll always be thankful to him for making that first step."

You nodded. "But............then you fell in love with Doojoon."

Heran's face fell. "Yes.......I don't know why. Suddenly, I was spending more time with Doojoon then I was with oppa. Doing projects together, and everything.............at first, it was just friendship, but then.............I don't know...........suddenly, I found myself in love with him. It was just so HARD to resist his charming smiles, fresh attitude, and sweet words."

"Yeah, I know what you mean." You muttered.

"So..............I ended up confessing to him. I couldn't believe I fell in love with Doojoon, but I did. And I had to break up with oppa, of course. I couldn't stay with him knowing I couldn't give him all of my heart. I still loved him, but.................."

"It's okay, Heran. I understand." You swallowed. "I just......want to get to the bottom of this."

Heran gazed at you. "Why are you involved?"

"Because........" You took a deep breath. "I am.....or at least, was......Doojoon's girlfriend."

Heran's eyes flashed for a second. "GIRLFRIEND?" She yelled, sitting up poker-straight in shock.

"Yes......." You were a bit surprised at her outburst. She quickly calmed down and smiled sweetly. "Sorry, I was so surprised at the news. I guess I never really got over BOTH boys.........." She gave a sad laugh.

You frowned, your heart going out to this obviously depressed and broken-hearted girl. "I'm so sorry, Heran. Hey, want to go to my house to relax? If you want, you can even see Hyunseung."

The girl's eyes shined. "Hyunseung? I haven't talked to him in years! I'd love to!"

"Sure, let me just text him."

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Twenty minutes later, Heran was sitting on your couch and the two of you were chatting.

The doorbell rang, and you went up to get it. Hyunseung appeared, looking a bit uncomfortable. "Hey, ~~~~~-ah."

"Come in, Hyunseung." He walked into your house and saw Heran. Heran jumped up, smiling widely. "Hyunseung!" She embraced him.

Hyunseung hugged her back for two seconds before pullin away, looking even more uncomfortable. "Hey, Heran. How are you?"

"Good." Heran giggled. "How's.............how's Doojoon and Junhyung oppa?" She asked quietly, her smile fading.

Hyunseung shrugged. "They hate each other now, but otherwise they're okay."

Heran's face crumpled. "Oh no...........it's all my fault."

You immediately comforted her. "It's okay, Heran. Nothing is your fault."

"M-maybe I should talk with Doojoon and Junhyung oppa one more time........" She sniffed. "Get some things straight............"

"I think it's best." You said softly. "What do you think, Hyunseung?"

"I think we should wait until after the Cube-ASC." He said quietly. "Heran can stay and watch the games until they're over. Then we can sort this mess out. Can you stay that long, Heran?"

"Yes." She sniffed, smiling angelically. "I can stay here for two weeks at the most. I'm here on holiday. And I would love to see the games!"

"That's good." You said, smiling in relief. This was a lot easier than you thought.

"I better go. I hope I can see you again, ~~~~~~-ah, Hyunseung." Heran stood up. You waved at her as she left your home.

"She's a really sweet girl. No wonder Junhyung and Doojoon fell for her." You said softly.

"I guess........." Hyunseung muttered.

You turned to him, surprised. "What? You don't like her?"

Hyunseung frowned. "I don't know..........something about her seems so...........fake, almost. I mean, she loved Junhyung so much, so how could she agree to Doojoon's confession just like that? It's weird..............but maybe I'm just overthinking things."

You rolled your eyes. "Of course you're overthinking things, Hyunseung. Look at her. She's sweet as honey. She won't hurt a fly. And she's obviously really sorry about everything that has happened. Only a few more days, and this will all be over."

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Nine days later......................

 

The Cube High Annual Sports Competiton

Has officially begun..............................................