Date

Love is Forbidden on the Soccer Field

You couldn't stop smiling now. Miyoung would give you weird looks and ask if you were okay (which was acceptable considering you were a miserable cow the past month).

Finally, one day, you pulled Miyoung into an empty classroom and said "Miyoung, can you keep a secret?"

"Sure. This.....is about Doojoon, isn't it?" Miyoung asked nervously.

"I....I....I'm dating Doojoon." You said in a rush.

"MWOH?" She gasped. "Oh my god, ~~~~~~, do you realize what you are doing? I'm really happy for you two, really I am, but........if you guys get caught together, serious hell will ensue......."

"It doesn't matter." You insisted stubbornly. "We don't care if we get caught."

"Still....." Miyoung mumbled, her eyes wide with worry. "Who knows what Kwon Eunha might do to you........"

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

You, Miyoung, Junhyung, and Kikwang walked down the hallway together.

Around the corner came Doojoon, Yoseob, Hyunseung, and Eunha.

Your heart immediately started to beat faster, and you felt your face turn slightly pink, but you kept your eyes straight ahead and ignored him. Only a secret smile playing on the corner of your lips betrayed you.

Doojoon smirked slightly, and his hand lightly brushed yours as he passed.

You turned red and fought the urge to look back at him.

Miyoung raised her eyebrow but said nothing.

"Doojoon is looking pretty cocky lately....." Junhyung said, frowning. "Thinks he's going to win?"

Kikwang snorted. "Not when we have ~~~~~~-ah on our team."

You scowled. "Nice try." Kikwang always flirts with you.

Kikwang flashed a dazzling smile at you. "It's true. We're lucky we have you. You're the only one who can match up to Doojoon, you may be even better than him."

Junhyung grinned evilly. "Actually, I think the odds are pretty damn high that we'll win."

"Why?" Miyoung asked sharply.

"Well, think about it. That bastard is in love with ~~~~~~~-ah, and he has that whole gentleman-thing going on where he can't fight his all against girls. Put those together and ~~~~~-ah can pound him."

You scowled even deeper. You didn't want to 'pound' Doojoon. You wanted to hug him, to hold him close.

But the two of you could never have alone time together. You were always surrounded by people, and under the watchful eyes of Eunha there was no way you two could be together.

You sighed quietly -- but not quietly enough.

"What are you sighing about?" Junhyung asked.

"Nothing." You muttered. "Come on, let's get to class."

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

The bell rang for lunch. You grabbed your stuff and put it in your locker.

As you walked down the hallway to the cafeteria, you felt a pair of hands grab you from behind and pull you into an empty, dark classroom.

You knew who it was immediately -- you could tell by the way his lips pressed urgently against yours and his arms wrapped around you.

"Ummm.....D-Doojoon........." You mumbled. "Now....isn't the time.....people will wonder where we are........."

"I don't care." He said fiercely, desperately. "It drives me crazy seeing you in the hallway and not being able to reach out and kiss you.........................dammit, why now? After all those months of going after you and I FINALLY have you, we can't be together........."

He kissed you again, so hard you had to pull away and gasp for air.

"Let's go on a date." He whispered into your ear as he hugged you tightly. "Today. After school, at 4. Meet me in front of Seoul Park near the fountain. Okay?

"O-Okay." You stammered.

He kissed you again hard, before pulling away and murmering "I love you", before he disappeared out of the classroom.

It took a while for you to get your breath back again. When it did, a slightly breathless smile appeared on your face.

Why did it take so long for you to fall in love with him?

********************************************************************************************************************************************

At exactly 4, near the fountain in Seoul Park, you waited for him.

You were really nervous, since this was your first date. You wore a soft blue-and-white dress with matching high heels and a blue flower pinned in your hair, something you thought you'd NEVER wear. You were the type of girl who wore shorts and T-shirts and sneakers.

Somebody came up behind you. You turned around and saw it was Doojoon.

He looked shocked. His mouth opened and closed a bit like a goldfish, his eyes bugging out, and his face slowly turned from seashell pink to cherry red. "~~~~~~~?" He stuttered.

You looked embarassed. "Y-yeah, it's me."

"You.....you look........."

You ducked your head. "I know, I look stupid, right?"

"Damn, you look gorgeous!"

You blushed at his words, and he laughed and hugged you. It felt good to be able to walk around with him in the quiet park. You couldn't go to shops or busy streets because someone from Cube High might see you two, but the park was good enough.

You walked hand-in-hand with him, chatting happily.

"Doojoon, what are we going to do in the actual competition?" You asked nervously. "We're both very competitive people......what if it ruins our relationship?"

Doojoon squeezed your hand tightly and kissed you. "It won't ruin our relationship, trust me. No matter what, I'll always love you."

You felt warm and happy inside when he said that, and kissed him back. You immediately trusted his words, no matter what he said.

The two of you chuckled over past memories. "Remember when Yoseob found your secret stash of chocolate and ate it all and got hyper?" You giggled.

Doojoon rolled his eyes. "Oh yeah. I took forever to tire him out."

"How are they, anyway? I haven't talked to them in ages."

"Well, Yoseob is almost as depressed as you are -- he really misses you. Hyunseung really misses you, too. And Yoseob is really freaked out by Eunha, for some reason, so he's always hiding somewhere. He keeps on whining that he wishes you were the vice-captain instead of Eunha."

You smiled. You couldn't believe it, but you missed them. Even the blonde hyper-typhoon Yoseob.

"I wish the Cube-ASC is over soon. I want things to go back to how it used to be, when we were all friends and had no worries or tension. I'm also getting sick of people continuously trying to attack me."

"Yeah, I hate it too." Doojoon agreed. "But it will be over soon, and then we can be together."

The two of you walked down the park's path, lost in your dreams of a happier world.

Only three months left to go until the Cube-ASC...........................................