Shim Heran

Love is Forbidden on the Soccer Field

You knew Junhyung would never tell you the story face-to-face, so you decided to text him (he forced his number on you, and you weren't allowed to delete it, that was back when you thought he was an arrogant jerk). You actually got a phone now, which was good. You got it two months ago, as an 18th birthday present from your foster parents. You were never able to add Doojoon, though.

sporty_gurl: Junhyung?

imthejoker: What?

sporty_gurl: I need to ask you some questions.

imthejoker: Fine...

sporty_gurl: It's about Shim Heran.

imthejoker: The first time you text me and it's about my ex-girlfriend? -_-

sporty_gurl: You still love her. I was just somebody you were using so you could try and forget her.

imthejoker: No, I actually liked you. I was following what Heran told me...to find a girl who I knew wouldn't fall in love so easily with another man.....anyway, you're kinda right, I guess. I've never gotten over her.

sporty_gurl: You must have really loved her.

imthejoker: Yeah, I did. More than anything. I thought nothing would ever come between us.

sporty_gurl: Kinda like me and Doojoon?

 

There was a long pause.

 

imthejoker: Yeah......like you and Doojoon.

sporty_gurl: Why do you think Doojoon would steal Heran from you?

imthejoker: Well....he always seemed unhappy when he saw us together for some reason, and he did weird things like walking away for no reason at all or leaving a room when he saw us together. It was almost like he didn't WANT me and Heran to be together.....and then he stole Heran :(

sporty_gurl: But I thought Heran loved you a lot....surely she couldn't fall in love with another man so easily.

imthejoker: You'll be surprised how easily Doojoon can steal a girl's heart. You used to hate him..........yet you fell in love with him, didn't you?

 

Your face paled, and your hand shook slightly. You couldn't answer that.

 

sporty_gurl: I want to go find Shim Heran.

imthejoker: She's in Pusan, you'll never find her.

sporty_gurl: I don't care. I'm sick of all this drama. We aren't living in a soap opera. I want to get down to the bottom of this, and if I have to go all the way to Pusan, I will.

imthejoker: You're so stubborn and headstrong, ~~~~-ah. I guess that's why I fell in love with you in the first place.

sporty_gurl: You still love Heran, though, and I still love Doojoon, even though both of us aren't together with the other person anymore.

imthejoker: *sigh* we have such crappy love lives, don't we? :)

sporty_gurl: Not for long. Once I finish sorting this crap out, I'm sure both of us will end up happy. And if not....well, there are plenty of other fish in the sea, right? :)

 

You looked at the clock. You had to go to bed soon. You wanted to wake up bright and early so you could start searching for Heran.

 

sporty_gurl: I gotta go. I'll talk to you at school. Later.

imthejoker: Wait. ~~~~~-ah?

sporty_gurl: Yeah?

imthejoker: Sorry I acted like such a jerk to you before. That was what I became after Heran left me. I never respected girls, especially pretty ones. I hope you can forgive me for all the erted, bastard stuff I did to you.

sporty_gurl: Don't worry, I forgive you. You're actually a pretty sweet guy underneath all that "badass" stuff :)

imthejoker: Hey....maybe if none of our love lives work out in the end....we can give it another shot? Us, I mean?

sporty_gurl: Yeah.....why not?

 

You smiled softly as you exited the chat.

He really wasn't that bad of a guy, Junhyung.

********************************************************************************************************************************************

You woke up the next morning early like you wanted to. You grabbed a slice of toast and ran out the door.

Honestly, you had no idea what to do now. You didn't know Heran at all, you didn't even know what she looked like. You swore quietly to yourself. You should have asked Junhyung for a picture or something.

You jumped when you felt your cell phone vibrate in your pocket. Yawning slightly (there was almost nobody out on the streets) you took it out. It was an unknown number, but you answered it anyway.

"Hello?"

"~~~~~-ah? Is this you?"

You jumped again and almost dropped your phone in surprise. You recognized that voice.

"Hyunseung? How did you get this number?"

"Junhyung gave it to me. He called me this morning and told me what you are planning to do. He doesn't want to help himself, though -- to many bad memories, he's not ready for them yet. Anyway, he asked me -- practically begged me, actually -- if I could take his place and help you out."

"Junhyung did that?" You were impressed. Junhyung hated anything that had to do with Doojoon, yet he still asked Hyunseung to help.

"Yeah, I was just as surprised as you are right now. He asked me, as a favour from old friends, if I can help you find her. It's too dangerous for me to actually go there phsyically and help you -- Eunha or some other students might see. Also, because I'm very lazy right now. Anyway, I will keep in touch wtih you now that you have a phone. Check it, I'm sending a picture courtesy of Junhyung. I'll text you any new information I get, okay?"

"Alright, thanks."

You hung up and waited. A few seconds later, your phone buzzed with a picture sent to you. You opened it.

A very pretty girl with a small face, a small perky nose, big and curious eyes, and full lips was smiling at you under the arm of a younger-looking Junhyung. He didn't have as much arrogance and cockiness like he had before. His eyes were softer, warmer, and he was laughing as he embraced the pretty girl who was no doubt Shim Heran.

You felt a slight lump in your throat. They looked so happy together. Just like you did in your picture with Doojoon.

A text message was also there.

 

prince_jang: Did you get it?

sporty_gurl: Yeah, thanks.

 

Suddenly, another unknown person joined the chat. But you knew who it was by the title and the words he texted.

 

i_luv_chocolate: ~~~~~~~-AH!!!!! IT'S ME!!!! I MISSED YOU SOOOOOO MUCH XD

sporty_gurl: What the....? Yoseob?

i_luv_chocolate: Yes! It's me! I wanna help too! Hyunseung contacted me and asked me for help!!!

prince_jang: Yoseob is already out on the streets looking for her. You're not alone in this. I filled Yoseob in on everything, he wants to help.

i_luv_chocolate: Of course I will help! I want hyung and ~~~~~-ah to get back together so we can be happy again!

sporty_gurl: You guys.......thank you. :)

prince_jang: No problem, ~~~~~-ah. Now get a move on!

 

You smiled softly and stashed your phone away, and ran down the streets at random, looking at the crowds for the pretty face of Heran.

What were you doing? You felt so stupid. Why would Heran be in Seoul when she was supposed to be at Pusan?

Your phone buzzed again.

 

prince_jang: ~~~~~~~-ah, get to the Seoul Outdoor Cafe right now.

sporty_gurl: Why?

prince_jang: Yoseob found her. 

sporty_gurl: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

You changed direction at the last minute and dashed off to the Seoul Outdoor Cafe.

You could see Yoesob's blonde head bobbing up and down in the crowd. He saw you, pointed anxiously at the people sitting outside in the cafe, and disappeared.

You knew he couldn't be seen with you, or he would be breaking the rules. And he was too scared of Eunha to break the rules.

You pushed your way through the crowd and you saw her. Sitting right at the very end table, reading a magazine. You recognized those big, sparkling eyes from the picture.

A couple of boys walked up to her. "Hey, y!" One called. "Wanna join us for tonight?"

The girl smiled sweetly. "No thank you, I have plans."

"Aw, don't play hard-to-get, girl!" Another teased, grabbing her arm. "Come join us!"

You ran over and squealed "Unnie!"

The guy dropped her arm and looked at you in surprise. You ignored them and ran towards her, and threw your arms around her. The girl's eyes opened wide, but she thankfully didn't move.

"Unnie, where have you been? We're all waiting for you." You pretended to finally notice the hormone-crazy boys who were also staring at you with wide eyes too. "Who are these people?"

One guy cleared his throat and smirked. "Excuse me, but we have a date with this girl tonight. You can join too if you want to."

You rolled your eyes. "Sorry, but unnie already has a date with Shinkyung."

"Shinkyung?" Their eyes narrowed.

"Her boyfriend, obviously. Oh look! There he is now!" You pointed towards a thick, muscular man with biceps bigger than your fists walking nearby.

The boy's faces paled, and they quickly ran away.

The girl giggled. "Thanks. I try not to be too mean, but there are always some jerks who don't leave me alone. Why did you help me?"

You looked into her eyes. "Because I have some business I need to talk to you about, Shim Heran."

Heran's smile fell. "How do you know my name?"

"Let's just say we are connected to each other. We have a lot to talk about."

"Who are you?" She asked, frowning.

"My name is Im ~~~~~, but my name isn't important. I'm sure THESE names are more important to you.............Yong Junhyung.  Yoon Doojoon."

Her jaw dropped when I mentioned those names. "what are.....how do you.......what......"

"Like I said, Heran, we are connected. Now, may I sit down?"

She nodded, the muscles in her face tightening as she turned serious. "Yes, please."