Introducing Kwon Eunha

Love is Forbidden on the Soccer Field

"~~~~~-ah!" Doojoon yelled happily, running towards you and throwing his arms around you.

You instantly freaked out. "GET THE OFF OF ME YOU SON OF A OR I'LL KICK THIS SOCCER BALL UP YOUR !"

He let go. "~~~~~-ah, I didn't know you're scared of skinship."

"I'm not scared of ING SKINSHIP." You growled. "I just DON'T LIKE being touched. Especially in a phsyically intimate way."

"But I've seen you punch a guy dozens of times."

"Yeah, punching is okay. So is wrestling and hair-pulling and stuff like that. But like I said, phsyical intimacy is off-limits for me."

"Shame." Doojoon pouted. "How are we supposed to have when we get married then?"

You blushed and rammed the soccer ball into his stomach. "SHUT UP! WHERE THE HELL DID THAT COME FROM?"

"Well, you are my future wife."

"NO I'M ING NOT!"

"Wow, we're already arguing like an old married couple." He laughed. "This is so us."

"NO IT'S ING NOT! And this isn't MARRIED-COUPLE-ARGUING. This is I'M-ABOUT-TO-SHOVE-THIS-SOCCER-BALL-DOWN-YOUR-THROAT-IF-YOU-DON'T-SHUT-UP-ARGUING." You snarled.

He smiled at you. "You know you love me, ~~~~~~-ah. Just admit it."

"Screw you." You spat, turning away.

"Yah, ~~~~~~-ah! YAH!" He ran towards you easily. You really hated his legs. "Look, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings even though it's all true. I'm sorry I called you my future wife even though you will be someday. But can you please forgive me and watch my soccer match like a future wife should?" He asked seriously.

You stared at him suspiciously. Some really suspicious words were striked through in his sentences. "....Fine. But only because I should support my school."

"YES!" He cheered, pumping his fist in the air.

You sighed and followed after him.

"See you later, ~~~~~-ah!" He called as he ran to his teammates. "Look for me!"

You shook your head behind his back and walked up to the stands.

"~~~~~~-ah, over here!" Hyunseung and Yoseob waved at you from a bench.

You sat down in-between them. "Who are we up against?"

"Seoul High again." Hyunseung snorted. "These losers have got to give it up. We've beaten them in every single match ever since Doojoon got on the team."

You had to grudgingly admit, Doojoon was the best soccer player you've ever seen. He easily brought Cube High's team to victory, with a 32-2 score.

"Doojoon, my man! You were WILD out there!"

"Way to go, bro!"

"You were on fire today! What's up?"

Doojoon smiled as he looked in your direction. "I suddenly felt the need to perform my best today."

************************************************************************************************************************************

You noticed Doojoon looking at you. You met eyes with him. He saluted you with two fingers and then winked. You felt yourself blush despite yourself and quickly looked away.

You could hear his hearty laughter all the way across the field. Damn that hot bastard.

You stood up to leave with Hyunseung and Yoseob.

In front of you, a fat boy tripped, and his box of oreo cookies (yes, he brought an entire box onto the field to watch the game) spilled out on the field.

You thought he was going to start blubbering about losing the cookies, but instead his face paled. He quickly started to put them back into the bag.

"Hurry up!" Someone whispered, sounding worried and afraid. "RACE will be here any second! Come on! You can do it!" A few students even surrounded him to prevent him from being seen, and some helped to scramble after the cookies and shove them back into the bag.

"Who is RACE?" You asked Hyunseung.

He made a face. "The group of elite students that makes the rules in Cube High."

"I don't like them. They're scary." Yoseob whispered.

"The name stands for Rule-Abiding Council of Excellence, or RACE for short." Hyunseung explained. "The leader is a junior by the name of Kwon Eunha."

"Speak of the Devil, and the Devil shall appear......." Yoseob murmered, suddenly hiding behind you.

You looked up. The crowd did too, gasped, and then fell silent.

A girl walked forwards. Her uniform was perfectly cleaned, not a wrinkle out of place, and spoltess. She had long, poker-straight hair and glasses over her clear, cool eyes. She had a very serious expression on her face. She could have been pretty, if she smiled.

She stood in front of the crowd that attempted to protect the fat boy. "Move aside." She said, speaking barely above a whisper.

The crowd immediately complied.

The fat boy stood up, trembling. Several cookies were still on the ground.

Kwon Eunha looked at the mess. "Did you realize what you have just done?"

"Y-yes, Eunha-sshi." The fat boy said, shaking head to toe.

"You have just broken Rule #28: Food or drink spilled on the game fields will not be tolerated. You realize what that means, don't you?"

The boy trembled. "P-p-punishment." He whispered, his suddenly dry lips.

"Come with me."

"Oh, p-p-please don't!" The boy begged. "I-I promise I won't do it again! It was just an accident! P-please!"

"Yeah, just let him go." A student said. "He didn't mean anything by it. Just let him pick up the rest and let him go."

Eunha stared at them through her cool, merciless eyes. "Then I will be breaking my own rule, one of the most important rules of all. Rule #2: All rule-breakers MUST be punished, NO EXCEPTIONS." She glared at the fat boy. "Now come with me."

Crying and shaking with fear, the boy followed behind her slowly.

The crowd murmered in worry and sympathy. "Still, glad it wasn't me." A student sighed.

You stared after them. "Poor fatass. What's with that chick, anyway?"

"It's how things go around here, ~~~~~-ah." Hyunseung said quietly. "If you break any of the rules Eunha and her cohorts make up, then you get punished. Nobody knows the punishment too -- anybody who's ever received the punishment don't tell us. Actually, they don't say anything."

Yoseob pointed at a person walking by themself. His skin was a pale, sickly white, and there was dark circles under his eyes. He jumped at the slightest sound and constantly looked behind him, muttering to himself and wringing his hands. "That's Hwanyoung. He got punished two weeks ago for breaking rule #41, and he's been like that ever since."

You stared at the person in horror.

"This is SICK! Doesn't anyone try to STOP them? They can't do this!"

"They have the principal's approval." Hyunseung said. "Keeps it easier for the bastard principal to watch over us, knowing we have to follow certain rules or else RACE will be after us. Let's him go out to play golf three times a week." He sounded disgusted.

Doojoon appeared. "Hey, ~~~~~-ah, did you see my game?" He asked excitedly. "Wasn't it awesome? Do you feel impressed? Do you want to be my girlfriend now?"

You shook your head. "Not now, Doojoon." Your face was utterly serious. You walked away.

Puzzled, he asked "What happened to her?"

Hyunseung shrugged. "Kwon Eunha came by, and well.....you know......."

Doojoon nodded, not smiling anymore. "First time seeing her?"

"Yup."

"Yeah, she has that way with people, making them nervous or scared or upset. Remember when Yoseob first met her? He nearly cried."

"Shut up." Yosoeb muttered, turning red. "I'm dumping you for that."

"Awww, don't be like that, Yoseobie." Doojoon pouted, pinching his cheek.

Hyunseung rolled his eyes.

"Yeah......I'm NOT homo, so you guys can just continue with your.........gayness." He edged away and ran off.