Suspicious

Love is Forbidden on the Soccer Field

You and Doojoon dutifully went back to school pretending to be total enemies. You avoided eye contact in the halls and never spoke to each other. But every so often, you WOULD catch his eye, and he would wink at you, and that would give you the happiness and courage to move on with life.

You walked into school one day. It was the same as it has been for the past month.

A girl from the Blue Team shoved you, and you collided painfully into the lockers. "Move, Red !" She smirked. "You're in my way!"

A couple of boys attempted to beat you with a baseball bat, but you dodged their first attack and immediately students from your team ran over and fought them back.

They managed to scare the Blue Team boys away, then bowed respectfully to you. "The hallway is secure, leader!" They shouted like they were in the army.

"Yeah, thanks." You continued walking.

You reached your locker to see Junhyung, Kikwang, and Miyoung leaning nearby waiting for you.

"No y-traps today. We removed a few already." Miyoung chuckled.

"Thanks. I don't want to be drenched in ice-cold water today." You said, opening your locker and shoving your fat backpack inside. Urrrgh, dammit, your backpack was too fat.

You lost your temper and kicked it inside. "AAAAAAAAAAAARGH GO IN YOU FATASS!!!!!"

"Are you seriously yelling at a backpack?" Junhyung asked, amused.

"Yes, shut up!"

His arm s around your waist. "Need help?"

Miyoung glared at him and kicked his arm away from you. He rubbed his forearm and scowled. "What was that for, ?"

"No touching ~~~~~~~~-ah." Miyoung snapped.

You saw in the corner of your eye Doojoon, Yoseob, Hyunseung, and Eunha stand nearby, discussing tactics in a low voice. Doojoon looked bored, but instantly lighted up when he saw you. Yoseob peeked at you longingly, looking frightened that he was near Eunha, and Hyunseung gave you the slightest nod of the head in greeting and the merest turn of the lips in a smile.

Doojoon's bright smile faded and turned into a glowering scowl when he noticed how close you were to Junhyung and Kikwang.

Kikwang noticed this and smirked. He leaned in very close to you. "~~~~~~~-ah, you are looking exceptionally pretty today."

"Um.....thanks?" You asked, blushing slightly. "Why do you say that?" Kikwang smirked sligtly at Doojoon's furious face. "Well, I do LIKE you, and we ARE on the same team, which means it's PERFECTLY OKAY for us to have a RELATIONSHIP."

Doojoon slowly took a step forward, but Hyunseung held him back. "Chill, man." He looked into his eyes. "I understand, okay? I get it. But cool off -- don't take unnecessary risks."

Slowly, Doojoon resumed his old position, except his body was stiff and slightly trembling with rage and his eyes looked fierce.

You frowned at Kikwang. "I know what you're doing. Stop teasing him."

"I'm not." Kikwang said, reaching out and softly your cheek. "I actually DO like you, ~~~~~~-ah."

Junhyung felt like punching him. Dammit why do I feel so angry when he says something like that? I wanna punch his lights out for daring to touch her........

Miyoung kicked him too. "I said no touching ~~~~~~-ah!"

Kikwang scowled and rubbed his shin. "That's SO not cute, !"

She smirked. "Good day to you too."

You shook your head and said "Hurry up, we gotta go get to class."

You passed by Doojoon, and quickly brushed his hand as you walked by. He smiled after you.

When you and your team members left, he said "We better go, too."

Hyunseung ran after Yoseob, who shot away like a speeding bullet as soon as the words were out of Doojoon's mouth.

Doojoon chuckled and was about to follow them when Eunha said "Just a minute, Doojoon."

He turned to her, wary. She looked at him with a hard, serious expression. "From what I gather, you had feelings for Im ~~~~~, correct?"

"Yeah." Had and still do.

"Well, you understand RACE and their rules pretty well, so I will make it quite clear........."

She looked at him with no trace of mercy. "If I ever see ANYTHING, and hint at all that you and Im ~~~~~ are together, if I see you two interacting.........I will punish you, severely, for breaking this rule. Even if you happen to talk to her, or stay in the same room alone with her, I will punish both of you. You understand that?"

Doojoon gulped. "Y-yes."

"Good." She turned around and walked away.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

You saw the piece of paper in your locker, slipped in between the cracks. You read it.

Same time, same place.

Doojoon's handwriting.

Your heart fluttering, you quickly hid the sheet of paper and continued with your studies and vigorous training.

When the bell rang signalling the end of school, you waited until most people were gone and then quickly ran into the empty classroom you once met with Doojoon in.

Doojoon was already waiting for you. He turned around and grabbed you in a crushing hug.

"O-ow....Doojoon, what's wrong?"

He grabbed your chin and pulled you to his lips, and he kissed you fiercely.

"Let's get away from here." He said.

"W-what?" You couldn't really understand what he meant.

"Let's run away. Far away from here, until this is all over. If I can't be with you at school, then I'd rather not go to school at all."

"Doojoon, what happened?"

"It's Kwon Eunha. She just told me if we're ever caught together, she will punish both of us horribly. I can't let that happen to you. So let's run away."

He held you close to him. "Please."

You nodded, closing your eyes and breathing in his scent -- at this point, you didn't care what you did as long as he was with you. "Okay. Where should we go?"

"The country, an hour's drive away from here. My aunt's family lives there. We'll stay in their cottage for the next three months and then come back in time for exams. Everyone may hate us for it, but I don't care. As long as you're by my side, I don't care if the rest of the world turns their back to me."

You felt all bubbly and warm inside at his sweet words. "I will go with you. My parents won't care, anyway."

"Let's go, now. We'll run out of the school and pack some luggage, and then go to the bus stop." He said.

"Let's do that." You whispered. He bent over and kissed you again.

Suddenly, the door opened.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?"

You froze, your heart sinking.

Junhyung leaned against the door frame, smirking maliciously at the two of you. His eyes flashed dangerously, as if he just saw something very, very interesting.