the friends and the secretary

When Trouble Walked In [Hiatus]

 

 

            Sehun scoffed at Minah’s freshly cut hair.  Even though it was nice, it didn’t help her look any bit.  In fact, it made her look like she was trying too hard to look good.  The hair stylist must have pitied her and had given her extra tips on how to style her hair.  He turned back to himself, with his new hair style as well.  Sehun no longer had his long side swept bangs anymore.  He had asked the hair stylist to cut it off for a bowl hair cut.  He quickly stood up from the chair and thanked the stylist.  He turns to Minah, since the hair stylist was still styling her hair for her.

            Sehun rolled his eyes and quickly decide to pay for the haircut.  He was happy that by the time that the cashier had handed back the change, Minah was already done with her hair.  She approached him, in a cautious manner, as if he was the Big Bad Wolf and she was Red Riding Hood or something.  He scoffed and walked out of the salon.

            “S-Sehun!” called out Minah, as she followed him.  “How much was-”

            He quickly turned around to hold up his index finger to silence her.  He dialed Kai’s number and placed his phone next to his ear, as he turned back to the car.  He stepped in as Driver Daesung opened the door for him.

            “Where are you?” asked Kai, answering the phone.

            “We just got our hair done.” replied Sehun, as he watched Minah made her way behind the car.  “Do you and Tao want to go shopping with us?  I don’t want to be alone with her.” Mrs. Oh had forced the pair to go shopping for Minah, since none of her clothes were at the Oh’s yet. 

            “Yeah, sure!” replied Kai, with a laugh.  “Tao was complaining about getting a new Gucci belt and I wanted to go get some Calvin Klein boxer briefs.”

            Sehun rolled his eyes with a warm laugh, as Driver Daesung opened the door for his arranged fiancée.  “OK, OK.” he said, understanding.  “I’ll meet you at my family’s mall in 20 minutes.”

            “OK.” replied Kai.  “We’ll get on the subway and head there.”

            “Hm.” grunted Sehun.  “See you then.”

            “I can’t wait to see your fiancée!!!” screamed Kai.  “This going to be so-”

            Sehun hung up on him, irritated.  He stared straight ahead as he waited for Minah to get into the car.  She stepped into the car and Sehun could have sworn he felt himself slid over to her side by 2 inches.  He glanced over at her with a disgusted face.  Their eyes met and he could literally see her shrink in front of him.  He turned to look ahead again.  Driver Daesung knows the next stop already: Lotte Department Store.

            Sehun’s grandfather was a Japanese Korean high school graduate when he created the Lotte Company in the 1960’s.  It has grown from the simple days of him selling gum to post-war Japanese children to a multinational corporation with many branches extending into trade, hotels, shopping, entertainment, and more.  Without Grandfather Oh, then his family would not be where they are today.

            Driver Daesung dropped the pair off in front of the Lotte Department Store and drove off.  Sehun glanced down at Minah before he started to walk away.  Before he could walk faraway, he felt her grab his hand.  He quickly turned around and she let go.

            “W-Why are we going to go in there with our school uniforms?” she asked, nervously.

            Sehun blinked, slowly.  “What?” he asked.  “Are you ashamed that you come from Lim High School?”

            Minah sighed.  “Well, it’s because you, of all people, know that Lim High students aren’t known to have money.” she recited, as if she was reading it from a book. 

            Sehun rolled his eyes.  “You make it seem like I haven’t been to Myeondong after school before.” he scoffed.  “It’s OK.  Dad got his secretary waiting for us with regular clothes.”  He smirked at her amazement.  “Sorry, I didn’t get a chance to pass you the memo.”

            Minah rolled her eyes as Sehun turned to the entrance of the store.  He quickly found his friends and Secretary Lee at the water fountain.  The secretary was holding two brand less shopping bags filled with clothes.

            “Hello, Secretary Lee.” bowed Sehun, with respect. 

            He knows that the guy works hard to put up with his father’s demands…  And, at times they make no sense, and in the end they turn out to be one the greatest business ideas the company has come up with.  Thus, Sehun respects this man that can work with his stubborn, demanding, and, yet, loving father.  Even though Secretary Lee runs around endlessly and his relationship with Sehun’s father is supposed to be boss/employee, Secretary Lee is treated like a blood family member.  Their family is quite close with the Oh family, just as the Kim family is or even closer.

            “Hello, Secretary Lee.” smiled Minah, bowing.

            The older man smiled with a nod.  “Hello, Young Madame Oh.” he replied.  Sehun took in a deep breath, as he looked at his friends.  They were smiling evilly as they stood there waiting for Secretary Lee to give them the clothes.  “I am Secretary Lee and I work for your father.  He has given me an assignment to buy you two fashionable clothing for your shopping trip today, so I hope that you like the clothes.”

            He handed one bag to Minah and the other to Sehun.

            “I’m glad that I have been able to meet you too.” smiled Minah and bowed.  “I’m so sorry that we have been a nuisance for you.”

            Secretary Lee laughed out loud.  “It’s OK.” he replied, as he patted her on the shoulder.  “I’m just glad that I got to meet you before you marry into the Oh family.”

            Sehun could see the blush that was on Minah’s face.  He just ignored it as he looked at his father’s secretary.  “Secretary Lee,” smiled Sehun, politely.  “I hope that we’re not taking too much of your time.”

            The man laughed, warmly.  “Don’t worry.  Once you two changed, then I’ll head back.  I’ll take the clothes with me.” he replied.

            Before Kai and Tao could say anything, Sehun quickly dragged Minah off to the restroom.  After changing out of the school uniforms, the two handed back the clothes.  Sehun was wearing a blue plaid shirt with a green khaki jacket and a pair of jeans with his white Nike shoes.  Meanwhile, Minah had changed into a pastel floral dress with a black cardigan and a pair of black Toms that she wasn’t wearing before.  Secretary Lee bid the pair goodbye with a warm smile when they gave them their school uniforms. 

            As soon as Secretary Lee was out of earshot, Kai approached Minah, with enthusiasm like an animal.  Sehun almost wanted to pull him back because she looked scared.  “Hi!” he beamed.  “You’re Minah, right?  I’m Kai!  Nice to meet you, sister-in-law.”

            “Sister-in-law?” she asked, confused.

            “Of course!” laughed Kai, loudly.  He threw his arms around Sehun and Tao’s shoulders and brought them closer to him.  “These two are practically my brothers!”

            Minah nodded her head slowly and smiled.  “It’s nice to meet you too, Kai.”

            “Hi, Minah-sshi.” said Tao, politely and softly.  Even after years of living in Korea, he still has a slight Chinese accent.  “My name is Huang Zitao, but you can just call me Tao.  That’s what everyone calls me.”  Then, he smiled.  “It’s nice to finally meet you.”

            She smiled.  “It’s nice to meet you too, Tao.” she said.

 

 

            “Yah, don’t you two have to go to the hagwon later?” asked Sehun.

            Tao and Kai laughed.  “Pssh, no.” replied Kai.

            “Do you really think that we will go now that we met your wife?” teased Tao, with a laugh.

            Sehun rolled his eyes.  They’re not even married yet and everyone was already treating them as if they were.  He took a deep breath to calm himself down.  Sehun looked across the walkway, over to the women’s clothes, where Minah was at.  From far away, she was hesitant to pick anything up.  She would admire the clothes, pick up the price tag, and then walk away from it.  Sehun rolled his eyes, irritated at how frugal she was.

            “Why don’t we-” started Kai, but he stepped away before his friend could finish the sentence.

            “What are you doing, Minah?” asked Sehun, as he stood a meter away from her.  “Stop being so frugal and just get what you want.”

            “B-But-” she started.

            “No buts!” whispered Sehun.  “Look.  I have my dad’s credit card from the company.  Automatically, we get a 30% discount all the time…  Stop acting like that.”

            Minah flashed him a look.  “Fine.” she said.  She grabbed a beaded oversized sweater and gave him a scowl.

            Sehun scowled back, annoyed.  He returned to his friends and they were snickering at him.  “What?” he asked.

            “You’re so cute.” teased Kai.

            “You’re forcing your fiancée to buy something.” laughed Tao.  “You like her.

            Sehun rolled his eyes.  “No, I don’t.” he defended.  “My parents will be mad if she doesn’t buy anything.”

            The two boys smiled.  “Then, just buy it for her.” they said, in unison.

            Sehun scoffed.  “Hell no.” he said.

            Tao raised his eyebrows at his friend.  “Aren’t you going to be paying for the things she’s going to get anyways?” he stated.

            Sehun’s right eye started to twitch out of frustration.  “Just shut up.” he said, as he lightly pushed Tao towards a clothing rack.

 

 

            After finally getting Minah to get some clothing items, Kai started to complain about being hungry.  Then, Tao joined in and made a big fuss that he was thirsty.  So, the group went down to the basement of the Lotte Department Store, to the food courts.

            Sehun pulled out his phone to check the time.  His eyebrows shot up in surprise.  Was it really 7 pm already?  Had 4 hours really pass on by that quick?  He had received a text from his mom.

 

Frm: Mom

 

Sehun-ah~  It’s OK if you and Minah stay out late with your friends as long as you all stay safe, have dinner, and have fun.  ^^

 

See you when you get home.

 

            He took in a deep breath as he refrained himself from rolling his eyes at his mom’s text.  Have fun?  Is she serious about this?!!, he thought.

            “Next customer, please.” said 2 cashiers at the same time.

            Sehun quickly approached the one closest to him, as he could see a figure go up to the other cashier.

            “Hi, can I get a small Chocolate Bubble Tea?” asked the other customer and him, in unison.  Both their voices were loud and clear.

            He quickly turned to look at the person as the cashier punched the order in.  Sehun scowled when his eyes met Minah’s.

            Great…  Now the guys are really going to tease me about this one, he thought.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            Hope you guys enjoy today’s update!!

            Hmmm…  I’ve never tried Chocolate Bubble Tea before.  Only taro…  Well, I will try one day!  He he!

            A reader had requested that I write longer, so is this a good amount now?  ^^

LOVE,

loveFORyunho