christmas party

When Trouble Walked In [Hiatus]

 

 

            Minah smiled softly as she glanced at people walking past her.  The Ohs has a Christmas party 2 weeks before the actual holiday for the Korean Lotte employees and their families yearly.  The party was at the Lotte Hotel event room and was beautifully decorated with great food.

            Sehun was eating his dessert slowly, as Minah glanced over at him.  They were alone at the circular table.  Mr. and Mrs. Oh had gone to greet everyone as the courteous host and hostess they are.  Meanwhile, Grandpa Kim started a conversation with an old friend.

            Minah quickly looked around her.  She felt weird, especially with the fact that the girls around her age and their mothers were whispering and pointing their fingers at her.  She and her grandfather have been invited many times before, but she chooses to never attend because she was always busy with things like volunteering or doing extra things for her teachers at school, during the break.  So, Grandfather Kim would always end up going alone after much frustration.

            Are they wondering who I am?, thought Minah.  Are they thinking who this random girl is?  Why is she sitting with the Oh family?

            “Are you stuck in traffic?  Hmm…  OK.  When do you think you’ll get here?” asked Secretary Lee, into his phone softly.  “OK, OK…  Just get here before the party ends and come great President Oh.”

            Minah glances over at Secretary Lee.  Who is he talking to?, she thought.  According to Mr. Oh, the Lee family has one son, but he wasn’t there.  Is he talking to his son?  I didn’t get a chance to ask him about the boy.  Maybe he’s just running late?  And…  Why am I randomly tuning into people’s conversations?

            “What’s wrong, Minah?” asked Sehun, grabbing her attention.

            “Hm?” she responded, as she turned to look at him.

            He blinked, slowly.  “Something is bothering you, right?” he asked.

            Minah didn’t respond as she looked back down at her piece of cheesecake.  She picked up her fork and poked into the dessert.  “People look at me weird.” she explained.  She ate a piece of the pastry.  “It makes me feel uninvited.”

            Sehun nodded his head slowly.  “Well,” he started.  “Sangchul and I weren’t allowed to bring our girlfriends to this event.  So, the only female that would eat with us along with Grandpa Kim was my mom…  And, now, you.”

            “So, they’re suspicious of me?” asked Minah.

            Sehun flashes a soft smile and nodded his head.  “Of course.” he said. 

            He eyed her from head to toe.  Mrs. Oh insisted that Minah goes back to the beauty salon again, to get her hair and makeup done for the event.  Even a personal stylist was hired to help her pick out a stylist dress and accessories, which was a strapless pale pink silk dress. Minah scooted away from him, feeling uncomfortable.  He has been a bit on the weird side lately.  She couldn’t pinpoint what it was that was different, but something was a bit off.  Perhaps it was the way he looked at her? 

            “What?” laughed Sehun, with a teasing smile.  He leaned in, millimeters from her face.  “Did I do something wrong?”

            Minah shook her head.  “No.” she lied.

            “Oh, come on.” said Sehun, as he continues to smirk.  “It’s so obvious that something is bothering you.”

            “Do you really want to know?” asked Minah, getting slightly irritated.  She wanted to wipe off the smile he was wearing.  Sehun’s smile grew wider, if possible.  “You’ve been acting…  Kind of weird.”

            “What do you mean?” asked Sehun, surprised.  He quickly dropped his smile.

            Minah contained her smile.  “That look, from head to toe you gave me earlier gave me the creeps, Sehun.” she stated.

            His smile quickly came back, angering her.  He even let out a soft laugh.  “What’s wrong with that?” he asked.  “I can’t look at my fiancée like that or what?  You look good.”  A blush crept over Minah’s face.  Sehun leaned in closer to her and whispered into her ear.  “Maybe that’s why all the girls in here want to shred you into pieces?  Because you look so pretty tonight.”

            “Yah, stop that you two.” hissed Mrs. Oh, as she taps Sehun on the shoulder.  He quickly pulled himself away from her, knowing that he was in trouble.  Minah laughed at how adorable he looked.  “People are staring at you.  Save it for the later.”

            Her son smiled at her.  “Didn’t you want us to have grandchildren soon?” he asked, in a whisper. 

            Minah watched in horror.  Did Sehun’s eyes just twinkle?!, she thought.

            Mrs. Oh smiled.  “Just keep it in your pants until you get home, Darling.” she replied back.

            Sehun laughed as he looked back at Minah.  She just rolled her eyes and shook her head.  “You just like the process of making a baby, not babies themselves.” she dejected.

            “Oh?  So, you two have started something?” asked Mrs. Oh, surprised.  “I know that I like to tease you children a lot, but I didn’t actually-”

            “No.” interrupted Minah, quickly.  “Nothing happened.  Nothing has happened so far.”  Mrs. Oh nodded her head slowly.  “I was just saying that because-”

            “Because he looks like he wants to eat you up?” asked Mrs. Oh.

            “Mom~” whined Sehun, as quietly as he could.  “I’m right here!”

            Mrs. Oh smiled.  “Why don’t you guys take a trip to the ceiling and get a nice view of the Seoul night skyline?” she suggested. 

            Before the kids could respond, she sent them a sly wink and Sehun excitedly stood up.  Not wanting to complain, Minah stood up when he tugged on her hand.  Mrs. Oh quickly handed them a card before they walked away.  They quickly left the party and Minah could feel every female’s eyes on her, but walked with her head held high.  They got their coats at the entrance and went into the elevator.

            Minah watched Sehun as he eyes the camera at the corner of the elevator and then looked ahead as the door closed.  He was well aware of his surroundings, but they were the only ones in there.  Sehun cleared his throat, reached across the space between them, and held her hand in his. 

            “When was the last time we kissed?” he asked, suddenly.  He intertwined their fingers.

            “I don’t remember…” replied Minah, with a smile.

            He laughed.  “Then, we probably don’t kiss enough.” he said.

            “Tsk.” voiced Minah, as she rolled her eyes.

            Sehun laughed again as they make eye contact.  “It’s not like you don’t enjoy it too.” he said. 

            Once the elevator door opened, he quickly pulled her out into the hallway.  He lightly pushed her against the wall and brushes his lips over hers.  Minah didn’t bother pushing him back.  He was right.  She did enjoy it too.  She got excited when his lips touched hers and pulled him in, closer to her body.

            “It’s been a long time, huh?” laughed Sehun, as he breathed hotly onto Minah’s face.

            “Hm.” she responded, as she tried to pull him back for another eager kiss.

            “I like it when you’re feisty.” smiled Sehun, before leaning in to kiss her.  “I didn’t even know that you had that side to you.”

            Minah gave him a soft punch on the chest before letting him continue and he laughed.  He was giving her a big, wet kiss until Minah felt something strange…  It was warm, hard, and poking her stomach.  She abruptly pulled away from the kiss and looked down to see…  Sehun’s excited ia.  Minah swallowed hard as her eyes grew wide.  She looked back up at her fiancé, disgusted.  He cleared his throat, obviously embarrassed.  His cheeks turned a bright pink and he turned around. 

            OK…  Try to play it cool.  Try to play it cool…, thought Minah as silence fell upon them.  OH MY GOD!!  I just saw a freaking erecti*n!  This is so CRAZY!!!!

            “Sorry…” he apologized, awkwardly.  “It just…  Kind of happened.”

            Well…  This is awkward…, she thought.  Who even plans to have that thing pop out?,

            “Why don’t we just go back downstairs?” she suggested, unsure.

            Minah could hear Sehun his lips.  “But, you didn’t get to see the night skyline.” he countered, gesturing to the glass doors to the ceiling.  They quickly steps out onto the ceiling after using his dad’s card to open the door with a beep.  “That was the excuse to why we’re up here.” 

            There was no wind, which was good since Minah was wearing a dress.  And, there was no snow falling too and Sehun was grateful for that.  His fiancée was stuck wearing heels and the last thing he wanted was for her to slip.  When they came up to the ice, cold concrete that protects them from falling off the tall building, Sehun literally pushed himself against it.  He wanted to calm down his ia so then they can head down before embarrassing himself even more.  They stared at the night skyline, in silence.

            “So your mom knows?” asked Minah, stupidly, after a while.

            Well, duh!, her mind replied for her before Sehun could.

            “She knew that Sangchul had many girlfriends and told him to break it off.  Sorry to tell you the news, but-” started Sehun.

            “He was never interested.” finished Minah, with a soft voice.  

            “ Mom has a pretty good intuitive when it comes to her sons dating around…  The only time her intuitive was off was when…” Sehun trailed off.

            “When what?” asked Minah.

            She could hear him swallow hard.  “Nothing.” he answered, after a few seconds of silence.  “Forget that I said it.  Let’s go back.”

            “OK?” whispered Minah, not wanting to grab his attention. 

            They got downstairs and went back to the party, leaving their coats with the ushers at the entrance.  Mr. and Mrs. Oh were standing up, talking to someone lean and tall, with Secretary Lee and his wife.  His back was facing them as they approached them.

            “Oh!  Here they are!” said Mr. Oh, making the tall man turn around.  Minah’s jaw dropped as she stared at the young man in front of her.  He flashed a bright grin in her direction and then turns to Sehun. 

            “Hi, Sehun-ah.” said Lee Jongsuk.  “How have you been?”

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            Enjoy, enjoy!!  It has been SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long!!  I’M SORRY!!  I HOPE THIS EXTRA LONG (well, it's longer than the usual update) CHAPTER WILL MAKE UP FOR IT!!!!  T_T

LOVE,

loveFORyunho