hypothesis

When Trouble Walked In [Hiatus]

 

            Kai and Tao watched as Sehun smiled softly.  Minah was tired and had placed her head on his shoulder while they wait for their food to come.  They were at a gomtang restaurant since it had been snowing so much.  The warm ox tail soup was inviting and since they all haven’t seen each other for a while, it was a good idea to catch up with each other again through the dinner.  The two friends haven’t been able to see Sehun after Minah left.  They all have only talked over the phone and through texts since Sehun have been preoccupied with Minah and their wedding preparations.  As far as they were aware, Minah already had her last wedding dress fitting and Sehun will be shopping for a tux soon with them. 

            They smiled as they caught Sehun glancing down at her with affection and was glad that things have been patched up between them.  There was something about the couple that they could sense that was different, but they couldn’t pinpoint it.  They just knew that things are different in a good, healthy way. 

            Minah woke up with a jolt as the waitress brought back 4 bowls of seolleongtang.  She blinked slowly and turned to Sehun, whom was staring at her with bright, happy eyes.  He helped pushed stray strands of her hair away from her face as she thanked the waitress as she walked away.  Minah flashed a soft smile at Sehun and he mirrored the same smile in return.

            “Minah, why are you so tired?” asked Tao, curious as they started to eat the noodles in the soup.  “Are the wedding preparations going well?”

            “Have you been sleeping good lately?” quickly chimed in Kai, before she could answer.   “Has Sehun been bothering you?  If he is, you can just move into Tao’s place.  He’s got an extra room.”

            Sehun sent Kai a glare, but before he could say anything, Tao interrupted him.  “Yah!” he said.  “Why the hell would you just offer my place like that?!”

            Kai laughed.  “What do you expect?” he asked.  “You’re a nicer guy than me.”

            “Oh, shut up.” retorted Tao, as he pushed Kai’s face away.

            Minah laughed.  “You guys are funny.” she commented.

            “No, they’re not.” said Sehun.  “They were just trying to get on my nerves.”

            Minah just shrugged her shoulders.  “Minah, you seem really tired.” continued on Tao, worried.

            “I don’t know why.” she stated.  “I just am.”

            “Why do you need to know anyways?” questioned Sehun.  He narrowed his eyes at Tao.

            The friend took the clue to back off with a kind smile.  “I was just curious.” he replied, sensing Sehun’s protective aura.

            The fiancé flashed him a look and then turned to Minah.  She was frantically slurping the noodles.  He smiled at her, as he helped fixed her somehow-out-of-place-button on her button up shirt.

            “It seems like you two are doing well on the marriage bed.” commented Kai with a mouthful of noodles.

            Sehun turned back to the friends and blinked slowly, with a now very small smile.  He nodded slowly.  Minah suddenly looked up from her food and stared at the boys.  “Why are you guys talking so much?  Aren’t you guys hungry?” she asked.

            “Wait…  Didn’t you just eat some food earlier?” asked Tao.  “I remember you were saying something about eating odengs before meeting us.

            “Well, yeah…” replied Minah and Sehun.

            Kai gasped loudly as his eyes became big and wide like saucers.  “You’re pregnant?” he asked, sharply.

            “You’re having cravings?” whispered Tao.

            Minah’s jaw dropped and she turned to Sehun.  “Of course not.” she said, with a flushing face.  Then, she looked back at the friends.  “Just eat your food.”

            The guys hushed and ate.  Instead of catching up with each other, they ate in silence as an awkward air hung over them.

 

 


 

 

            “Did you tell them that we did it?” asked Minah, curious.

            The couple was in bed and ready to sleep.  “No.” replied Sehun.  “Even Mom doesn’t know so how would they know?”

            “I don’t know…  Maybe you slipped or something.” said Minah.

            “Of course not.” defended Sehun, in a whisper.  “I never said anything to them.”  Minah rolled her eyes at him as she folded her arms across her chest.  She looked away from him.  “Why don’t you believe me?”

            “Because you’re close to them…  And, I wouldn’t be surprised if you did say something even when you promised me that you wouldn’t tell anyone that I lost my ity to you before we got married.” replied Minah.

            “Yah…” started Sehun, softly.  “I wouldn’t do that.  I promised, didn’t I?” 

            He placed his hand on top of hers and squeezed it.  He smiled when she didn’t pull away. But, he got his hopes high too soon.  Before he could fully enjoy the moment, she pulled her hand away and slipped out of bed.

            “Where are you going?” asked Sehun, alarmed.  He got out of bed as well.  If she tried to make an attempt to leave, he planned to stop her.

            Minah flashed him a look.  “I need to go to the bathroom, Oh Sehun.” she stated.

            “Why?” he asked, worried.  “You’re not going to cry, are you?”

            She let out a long sigh.  “No.” she answered.  “I can’t pee or what?”

            That answer threw Sehun off.  “O-OK.” he said, as he sat on the bed.

            Well, it seemed like you were going to storm out of my life again, he thought as he watched the bathroom door closed.  Thank goodness it was just peeing.  Sehun lay back down on the bed when he heard his phone vibrate.  It was text from Kai.

 

Kai:  ke ke   I can’t believe Minah was so cute earlier when I asked if she was pregnant.  My hypothesis was correct!!!!  HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

 

            Before Sehun could as ask why he was saying that, he got another text from Tao.

 

Tao: FYI, Kai and I pretty much figured out that you had with Minah.  I know that your feelings for her are sincere, so take good care of her.  ;)

 

            Are you serious?, thought Sehun.  Another text came and he didn’t even want to look at it.  It doesn’t matter if they know or not.  It’s really Minah and my life anyways.

            She came back into the room with heavy lids, ready to sleep.  She turned off the lights and crawled into bed.  Sehun wrapped his arms around her and she rested her head on his chest.

            “Let’s go to sleep.” Minah mumbled, tiredly.  “It’s been a long day.”

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            Hope you guys enjoyed!!  ^^  It wasn’t much, but…  If the guys figured that they did it, then wouldn’t Mrs. Oh know too?  o_O

            Sorry for the short update.  I’ve been pretty busy and can only write so much… 

LOVE,

loveFORyunho