make the best out of this

When Trouble Walked In [Hiatus]

 

            Sehun spit on the ground in disgust.  His parents had forced Minah to sleep in his room after she agreed to stay with the family, months before their marriage.  And, his response to that was to force her to sleep on the couch in his large bedroom.  As the subjective person she was, she didn’t bother disagreeing.

            “Why did you have to tell them that we’re getting married?!” repeated Minah.

            Sehun glared at her.  If he can’t get her out of his life, then he’ll treat her like the nothing that she is.  If he can’t hurt her, then he’ll ruin her image at this school.  When everyone stared at them as they came to school that morning, people started to suspect that they were more than classmates.  And, he took his chance to announce to the student population at Lim High School that they were getting married after they graduate.

            “Well, it’s true.” scoffed Sehun, as he turned his back to her.  He looked over the vast soccer field down below him and the top of many houses surrounding the high school.  To Sehun’s surprise, it was actually a nice view from the roof of the school.  “We are getting married as soon as we graduate after all.”

            “They don’t need to know about such a thing.” whispered Minah.  Her voice was weak, to his liking.

            “They should know…  These people that have been going to school with you ever since elementary school, so you might as well.” smiled Sehun, evilly.  He looked over his shoulder to see her reaction.  “Besides, it’s not like any of them are really your friends anyways.  They can careless about you.”

            She flashed a scowl at him and crossed her arms across her chest.  “I could care less about that…  I just want them to know the truth.  Yes, we are married, but at least tell them the truth that we didn’t sleep together, Sehun!” she still continued.

            He rolled his eyes.  “No way.” he said.  “People already think that we’re getting married because I had with you and, now, I have to take responsibility.  I’d rather that then they find out that I have to marry you because we’re in an arranged marriage.”

            Minah scoffed.  “Do you really enjoy all the attention we’ve been getting these last 2 days?” she asked.

            “Even if I don’t like it, it’s fun.” replied Sehun, with another smile.  His fiancée flashed him a look of disbelief.  She shook her head and turned to leave.  “Don’t you want lunch?”

            That question made her stop midway, knowing well that Mrs. Oh had packed only one, big lunch for them both.  He rolled his eyes as he smiled.  She was fidgeting while debating whether or not she will have lunch with him.  In the end, she turned around and walked back to him.

            “Of course…  I’m hungry.” she huffed, defeated.

            Sehun’s evil smile grew wider if possible.  “That’s what I thought.” he nodded.

 

 

            He lets out a soft sigh as he watched the buildings past him by as Driver Daesung drove the pair to the hair salon.  It was his mother’s last minute decision to have Minah’s hair cut before they take their senior pictures in 2 weeks.  He rolled his eyes at the idea that his mother was excited having Minah around…  As far as he was aware, his mother had always wanted a girl and probably wished Sehun, himself, was born a girl instead of a boy.

            The luxury car came to a slow stop at the stoplight.  “Master Sehun, it seems like the young Miss has fallen asleep.” commented Driver Daesung.

            Sehun blinked slowly and then turned to look at the girl sitting a seat away from him, on the other side of the car.  Her head was bobbing up and down because of her nap.  Her long, black hair was pushed back and tied into a high pony tail and Sehun could see her parted lips and bright pink cheeks.

            Sending her a scowl, he reached across the space between them and placed his hand on her shoulder.  He shook her really hard and said, “Yah, Minah!  WAKE UP!”

            She woke up, startled, and sent him a glare.  “What the hell do you want?!” she questioned, groggily.

            Sehun rolled his eyes.  “We’re going to get to the beauty salon soon.” he replied.

            Minah sent a glare at him and, without warning, she sent a hard punch into his shoulder.  “OK, I get it!!” she said.  “I get it!  You don’t need to wake me up the horrible way that you did.  I’m freaking tired because I slept on the couch, you !”

            Sehun growled at her as his shoulder started to throb.  He took a deep breath as he tried to calm himself down.  He closed his eyes since he felt himself feeling tired, even though he went to bed early.  Sehun opened his eyes as he felt the car came to a stop.  They were already in front of the beauty salon his family seldom goes to, not far from home.

            He looks over at Minah.  She had dozed off again, with her bobbing head.  If he’s tired, then Minah must be even more tired than him.  Sehun lets out a sigh and shook her gently awake.

            “Are we here already?” asked Minah, as she pulls her head upright.  She blinks slowly as she stared at him.

            “Yeah.” Sehun replied and then opened the door, letting a cool, light breeze flow into the car.

            He could hear Minah following behind him as he approached the beauty salon.  “Wait.” she called out, as she grabbed his forearm.

            Being in public, Sehun controlled himself, his boiling anger, and burning hatred for the girl.  He turned around and looked down at her.  “What?” he asked.

            Minah blinked slowly, again.  She placed her hand on his left shoulder and squeezed it lightly.  “I’m sorry for acting out earlier.  I’m really tired…” she said, with sincerity.  “And, I’m sorry for everything.  Neither you nor I want to be in the predicament that we are in…  Let’s just make the best out of this and-”

            Sehun smirked.  “Miss Minah,” he said, as he leaned in close to her face.  “There is a time and place to discuss these, rather, personal matters.  May I remind you that?”

            “I-I’m sorry.” she repeated.  “I just wanted to say what I wanted to say…  Before I meet your friends and before you project whatever image it is of me that you want them to see.”

            Sehun swallowed hard, almost forgetting that he told her that they were going to meet Kai and Tao later.  If anything, he wanted them to see her as the plain and ugly person that she already was.  That was the image that he wanted his friends to see and no other.  Did she really thought that he was going make himself the victim of this arranged marriage and she the offender?  If he was going to do that, then he would never take her to meet his friends.  The only reason why he decided to was because they have wanted to meet her ever since they found about him and the situation. 

            He was going to take her to meet them so then they would shut up and stop bringing up the topic of her or the arranged marriage whenever he was with them.  He could care less about what she looks like and the way she carries herself.  Once they see her, they will know that she’s just a charity case that his family is stuck with.  But, at least she realizes that he doesn’t want her and he knows now that she doesn’t want him either.  It’ll make it easier to end this marriage when the time comes.

            A smile touched his lips as he leaned down to her eye level.  “What image are you talking about?” he asked.  “You will be my wife and that’s the image that they will see.”

 

AUTHORS’ NOTE:

            Hope you guys enjoyed today’s update!!  ^^

LOVE,

loveFORyunho