the wait

When Trouble Walked In [Hiatus]

 

 

            Sehun automatically made a face as his mind and body was overflowed with all sorts of emotions.  He tried to control his face so he wouldn’t hurt Minah, but he couldn’t.  She looked up and met his gaze; her frown deepened.  “I can have an abortion.” he heard her quickly said.  “I’m sure the fetus is only a month old.”  Although he understood what she said, he didn’t absorb her words.  Whatever she said was already out the other ear as his head suddenly started to spin and he had already forgotten what she had proposed.  “Sehun!”  She came to his side and he lightly waved her away.

            “I’m OK.” he said, as he found his way to the sofa and sat down.

            An uncomfortable silence fell over the room as Sehun stared into space.

            Oh my God…  I’m going to be a dad, he thought.  He buried his face in the palms of his hands.

            “Are you 100% sure that you’re pregnant?” he asked, after a while. 

            He didn’t want to look over his shoulder at her.  He didn’t want to see her face.  He didn’t want to see the mistake he made. Yes, it was him that made the mistake.  He is the one that got , the one that initiated everything, the one with the , the one that impregnated her.

            We’re too young, he thought.

            “I’m not completely sure, Sehun.” breathed Minah.  “But, I know that I’m late.”

            “So, you need a pregnancy test.” he concluded.

            He could hear her swallow hard.  “Yeah.” Minah replied.  Then, she paused.  “If I really am pregnant as I suspected then I can get an abortion.”

            Sehun finally turned to her.  “It’s illegal, Minah.” he stated, dryly.

            She stared into his soul.  “There are always places for these kinds of things.” she explained, softly.  “I’ll look for a place.  Don’t worry.”

            Sehun nodded his head slowly as his eyes started to wonder away.  “I’m sorry for putting you through like this again.” he stated.  “I shouldn’t be treating you like this.”

            At the corner of his eyes, he could see Minah shake her head.  “It’s OK, Sehun.” she said.  “It’s both our faults.”

            Sehun smiled a small smile at her.  “We can pretend to go shopping tomorrow and get a pregnancy test for you.” he said, as he looked back at her.

            She wasn’t looking at him as she stood there.  She looked distant, just as he must had and it made Sehun wonder.  She nodded her head slowly and then headed to the walk-in closet.  He got up and followed her in.  He watched as she pulled off her clothes.  He placed a hand on her shoulder and she stopped ing her white button-up shirt.

            “Are you OK?” asked Sehun, softly.

            Minah turned to him and looked up at him.  Her eyes were teary and she let out a soft sigh.  “I’m scared.” she said, weakly.

            Sehun quickly pulled her into a hug.  “It’s going to be OK.” he said, with a frown as he pushed her hair away from her face. “Nothing bad is going to happen.  Everything will be fine.”

 

 

            He let out a long sigh after he made sure that no one was in the pharmacy.  He turned to his fiancée and motioned her to go ahead.  He quickly grabbed the door and opened it for her.  A bell ranged throughout the pharmacy as they both stepped in, making their presence even more obvious.  They casually scanned the place, acting as if they were looking for something.

            “May I help you with something?” asked the pharmacist, startling them both.

            Sehun opened his mouth, but he started stuttering.  “U-Uh…  M-May…  Um…”

            “Where can I grab a pregnancy test?” asked Minah.

            The pharmacist was quite calm, to Sehun’s surprise.  “They’re here, behind the counter.” she replied.  “Which one would you like?”

            She laid out a few different kinds as Minah and Sehun approached the counter.  After a few seconds, the fiancée made her decision.  “I’ll get 5 of this one.” she answered, as she pointed to one of the brands.  She shyly glanced at Sehun and he just swallowed hard, nodding.   It was probably the best idea to buy multiple tests, just to be sure.

            “OK.” nods the pharmacist.

            She quickly rang up the 2 pregnancy tests and Sehun hands over the money. “I’m assuming you get something like this a lot.” he commented, trying to create some small talk.

            The pharmacist accepted the money with a small smile.  “It’s nothing new to know that kids are having .  I have a teenage daughter with an active life she tries to hide from me.” she explained. 

            “Oh~” voiced Sehun and Minah, in unison.

            After stepping out of the pharmacy, Minah turned to Sehun.  “Well, that was awkward.” she laughed, softly.

            “What?  It’s not like I knew that she was going to say that.” chuckled Sehun, as he started to walk away from the pharmacy.  He reached out for her hand as he looked back at her.

            Minah was smiling and shook her hand as she let him hold her hand.  He stood in front of the bathroom, lamely, as he waited for her.  The wait felt like forever.  Sehun tried to think of the lunch they might have over and over again, to try to stop himself from going crazy from the wait.  He wanted to eat samgyeopsal so he tried to think of all the meat he would be eating, but his mind kept on wondering back to his fiancée.  He thought of her, the possible child she could be carrying, and holding a soft, pudgy, and cute baby in his arms.  It literally drove him crazy.   

            She eventually came out with an emotionless face.  Sehun didn’t know how to react as she quickly pulled on his hand and dragged him to a secluded, quiet area.  She quickly pulled out the paper bag from the pharmacy then reached into it.  She brought out the 5 tests and Sehun stared at the results.  All of the results had only 1 line, but he didn’t know what they mean.

            “U-Um, what do they mean?” he asked, weakly.  He almost didn’t want to know the answer.

            “They’re all negative.” replied Minah, with a smile as she looked up at him.  Before Sehun could react, she threw her arms around his waist with an excited scream.  “They’re all negative, Sehun!!”

            He let out a sigh of relief as he pulled her closer to him.  “Thank God.” he said, into her hair.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            Hi, everyone~  THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING SO PATIENT!!!!  T_T  I know that it’s been a really long time!  I CAN’T THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR STICKING TO THIS STORY.

LOVE,

loveFORyunho