teacher kim’s smile

When Trouble Walked In [Hiatus]

 

 

            Sehun pursed his lips as his mind traveled back to Teacher Kim and her smile.  It had been 2 weeks since he had seen the woman smile and strange, unrested feelings had started to stir again.  He missed Minah more than even ever since he saw that smile.  He had been so out of character lately that Secretary Song asked if he needed sick leave.  He closed his eyes slowly as he placed the document in his hand down. 

            His hand quickly went through his hair as he let out a heavy sigh.  He glanced over at the pictures of Minah.  As much as he missed her, he wanted to see that smile again.  Whether that other person wanted it or not, he was feeling selfish.  He wanted to see her smile again.

 

 

            He let out a long sigh before clearing his throat, grabbing her attention.  She looked up from grading the papers in front of her.  He smiled.  “Hello, Teacher Kim.” he bowed, again.  She did the same, silently.  He stepped into the classroom just as she pulled out one of her desk drawers.

            “You dropped this when you were here last time.” she muttered, extending her hand out to him.

            Sehun blinked, surprised as his cufflink had dropped here.  He thought that it was at the office or in his car since he spend most of his time there.  He couldn’t help it but grin.  It was almost as if it was fate to loose it there.  He held the cufflink up to the light and it gave him a little twinkle, making him chuckle.  He glanced down at Teacher Kim, holding his smile.

            “Teacher Kim, would you like to have dinner with me?” he asked.

            She flashed a look.  “I have a boyfriend.” she stated.

            “I-I didn’t mean it like that.” stuttered Sehun, placing his hand in front of him and shaking it.  “I’d like to get to know you since my mom haven’t introduced you to me before.  That’s all.”

            She cocked her head to the side and stared at him, from an angle that made it looked like she was glaring at him.  “I don’t think my boyfriend would like that.”

            Sehun swallowed hard.  “May I, at least, send you home?” he asked.

            “Actually, he’ll be picking me up later.” she responded.

            “O-Oh, of course.” said Sehun.  Although he felt stupid, he didn’t want to give up.  “Would you like to talk over coffee?  Your boyfriend with be OK witht that, right?”

            “I don’t really like coffee.” she stated.

            “How about a juice bar?  Or, a bubble tea place?” asked Sehun, quickly.

            “It’s OK.” responded the teacher.  “I need to finish grading these spelling tests.”

            “Would you like me help you?” asked Sehun, a bit too enthusiastically.

            “It’s OK.” shook the young woman’s head.  “You don’t need you to help me.”

            “O-OK.” said Sehun, motioning to leave. 

            He left feeling dumb and uncomfortable.  He just wanted to get to know her, that was all.  He had no intentions of flirting with her.  For a moment while driving home, he wondered how controling that boyfriend was because he seemed to have a strong hold on her. 

            Gee, I wonder who that guy is, he thought.

 

 

            Sehun swallowed hard, unsure about what he was doing.  He walked through the crowds of little people, getting close to the first grader’s classroom.  The children greeted him here and there, excited to see him again.  Teacher Kim was there alone when he knocked on the door.

            “I was wondering if I could have lunch with you.  Your boyfriend shouldn’t say anything about that.  We’re in public, with a lot of people around.  He won’t think that I’m trying to flirt with you, right?”

            Teacher Kim looked speechless.  She seemed unsure of what to say as she looked into his face.  She let out a sigh.  “Sure.” she responded.

            It seemed like she didn’t pack lunch or something because she went to the cafeteria and ate there, to Sehun’s surprise.  Sehun couldn’t help it, but blush at the students’ giggling fits as they whisper into each others ears.  After glancing at them, he looked back at Teacher Kim.  She was already half way done with her lunch.

            “Are you older or younger than me?” asked Sehun, eating a piece of kimchi.

            “What year are you born in, Oh Sehun-sshi?” asked the young woman.

            “1994.” replied Sehun.

            “We were born the same year.” answered the teacher, as she continued to eat.

            Sehun almost choked on his food, surprised.  Honestly, he thought that that she was older than him by years.  He was being polite by not assuming and calling her Noona.  "So, we're friends and should drop the formalities.” he managed to say, as he continued to eat.  “Well, what inspired you to teach kids?”

            “I just love children.” she replied. 

            Sehun smiled.  “And they seem to love you a lot too.” he said.

            The woman smiled, making Sehun set down his utensils.  That was what he wanted to see the most, her simple and warming smile.  “I’m glad to know.” she said, not looking up.

            For the first time in a while, he felt his lips tremble from his emotions.  He was so happy to see what he wanted; it made his heart warm and giddy.  “The food is good.” he complimented.  She nodded her head, not really paying attention. 

            “Why are you here?” she asked.  “Don’t you have a lot of work to do, looking after Lotte?”

            “Well, I’m only here during lunch.” replied Sehun, glancing at his watch.  “Don’t worry, I have an hour lunch.”

            She glanced at him, flashing a look again.  “You should leave as soon as possible.” she suggested.    “You’re not going to get back on time if you stay the whole hour.”

            Sehun flashed her a grin.  “Don’t worry about me going back late.” he reassured.  “I’m heading to a meeting in Busan after this anyways.”

            “Busan?” asked the teacher.

            Sehun nodded his head.  “I will be flying back tomorrow morning to finish some work I’ve been slacking on and for my brother’s birthday.”

            “Your life sounds very busy.” she said, eating the last bit of her rice.  “Do you have a girlfriend, at least?”

            “No, I don’t think I have enough time.” he responded, with a solemn face.  “How did you met your boyfriend?”

            “We met through our parents.” she replied.  “We were friends and then got closer to each other.”

            “Ah,” nodded Sehun, with a smile.  “You two are lucky.  My mom tried to set me up with a lot of her friends' dauthers and things never turn out good.”

            “You’re good looking and seem down to earth; I’m sure you’ll find a good woman to be at your side.” said the teacher.

            Sehun smiled.  “I hope to hear good news about you getting married.”

            “Not anytime soon.” she said, shaking her head.

            “Why?”

            “It’s not time yet.” she stated, looking at her watch.  “Speaking about time, shouldn’t you be leaving?”

            Sehun looked down at his watch.  He had plenty of time before he was going to leave, but it seemed like she was anxious to have him go.  So, he was going to be givng her what she wanted since he got his smile.  “You’re right.” he said.  “I should be leaving soon.”

            She nodded her head as she stood up, with her tray in hand.  They quickly dumped the unfinished food and said hi to a few of the kids.  “Hope you have a good time in Busan.” said Teacher Kim.

            Sehun laughed, as the lunch bell rang.  “The only reason why I am there is because of bussiness, so there’s nothing fun about that.”

            “OK.” she nodded, with a  small smile as she started to walk faster.  “Bye, Sehun.”

            He stopped in his tracks for a moment and turned to look at the teacher as she walked away, surprised.  He liked the way she said his name.  There was a different tone to it.  He smiled softly at her back, before departing from the school.

 

 

            Sehun placed a piece of the medium rare steak into his mouth and started to chew on it gingerly.  “Mom, I met one of your friend’s daughters.” he said, softly.

            “What?” she asked, surprised.  “Where?  And, who is she?  Are you two dating now?”

            After he swallowed his food, he let out a laugh.  “I met her at one of the elementrary schools that we donated money to.” he explained.  “Her name is Kim Naeun; we’re the same age too.”

            “Kim Naeun?” asked Mrs. Oh, confused. 

            “You don’t remember her?” asked Sehun, surprised.  She knew all of her friend’s daughters: the good, the bad, the meeky, the stupid, and all.  “She was the one that talked to you near the staircase before she left and I approached you.  I asked you who she was and you said that you knew her through some kind of events.”

            “What kind of event was that, Mom?” asked Sangchul, curious.

            Mrs. Oh flashed a look.  “Didn’t you vist the elementrary schools a long time ago?” she asked.

            “I did, but I went back to the school to talk to her because of your birthday party.” answered Sehun.  “She seems really nice.  I’m surprised you didn’t introduce me to her long ago.”

            “OH~~~” laughed Sangchul and Mr. Oh just shakes his head.  The brother quickly turned to his wife.  “Satomi, Sehun might actually be intersted in a girl!!!”

            “Yay!!!!” she said, as they start to spazz.

            “Yah!!  Just how old are you two?!” asked Sehun, getting frustrated.

            “Look, his face is getting red!” laughed Mr. Oh.

            “Dad!” sighed Sehun.

            “So, you like her?” asked Mrs. Oh, with a strangely worried voice.

            “No.” replied Sehun.  “She-”

            “Has a boyfriend.” finished Mrs. Oh, with a nod.  “You need to find someone new.”

            “Tsk, it’s not like I like her or anything.” said Sehun, as he rolled his eyes.

            “Then, why did you go back to the school?” asked Satomi in Korean, with a Japanese accent.  “There must be a reason why you went back, right?”

            “I-I just went back because I wanted to talk to her.” replied Sehun.

            “Ah…  He’s hesitating.” Mr. Oh pointed out.  “He probably likes her a lot.”

            “Is she pretty?” asked Sangchul.

            Sehun rolled his eyes.  “I do not like her.” he stated and then looked at his older brother.  “And, no.  She is not pretty; she’s quite plain and simple, Sangchul.”

            “Really?” he asked.  “You’re not the type to fall for those types of girls, Sehun.”

            “I’m not falling for her.” he restated, rolling his eyes.  “I just wanted to talk to her.”

            “Why don’t you get an ?” started Sangchul and received a soft punch into the chest by his wife.  He turned to her, with a laugh.  “What?  It’s true.”

            Sehun shook his head, as his mom grabbed his attention.  “Son, are you lonley?” she asked, seriously.

            “I wouldn’t say that I’m lonley.” started Sehun.  “I would like someone to talk to…  That’s all.”

            Mrs. Oh frowned.  “Well…  You shouldn’t be talking to other people’s girlfriends.  I don’t want you to be accused of seducing her if you two ever want to start a relationship.” she stated.  “Perhaps Sangchul is right.  Maybe you should invest in an after all.”

            Sehun his dry lips and nodded his head.  “I’ll look into that.” he lied, with no intentions of doing so.  There was no way he was going to get an .  All he wanted was the smile from Teacher Kim.

 

 

AUTHOR’S NOTES:

            Hope you all enjoy the new chapter!!!  ^^  It’s been a while, but I couldn’t help myself.  I had to write this!  Has anyone been watching Reply 1994 (because Chil Bong freaking looks like our Sehun)?!  OMFG….  I got addicted to it last night and I can’t seem to shake it off!!!!!!!!  This is so bad!!!  >_<

 

LOVE,

loveFORyunho