kakaotalk

When Trouble Walked In [Hiatus]

 

 

            Sehun glanced down at his boarding ticket and then at the Gucci watch on his wrist.  He was there exactly 2 hours before his boarding time and at the end of the line to go through security.  The line started to move and before he could take a step, he heard his name.

            “Sehun.” she said, making him whip around.

            “N-Naeun?” he asked.  She smiled at him, making his heart race.  “What are you doing here?”

            “My boyfriend is flying in from Hong Kong and should be getting out soon.” she said, smiling.

            “Your b-boyfriend?” asked Sehun, dumbfounded.  “He was in Hong Kong?”

            “Well…  He’s actually residing in America because of his company, but he had a presentation in Hong Kong so he’ll be spending some time with me in for a few days before going back.” explained Naeun.

            “O-Oh, I see.” said Sehun.  He forced a smile.  “Don’t have too much fun, Naeun.”

            She shook her head, laughing.  “Well, you should be the one having fun instead.” she said, glancing at her watch.  “I have to go so I’ll see you whenever you get back.  Bye.”

            “O-OK.  Bye.” stuttered Sehun, as she quickly turned away.

            He watched her as she literally ran away and let out a small laugh since she almost bumped into someone.  Sehun turned back to the scene before him.  The line moved up a bit and he stepped up.  All the sudden his phone started to vibrate.  It was Sangchul.

            “Hey, are you still waiting to get through the security?” he asked, surprising Sehun.

            “What?” asked the younger brother, surprised.  “You’re here?”

            “Of course!” laughed Sangchul.  It was odd.  He had never stopped by to send him off before, but Sehun realized that he was working in the area.  So, that must be why he was there.  “You’ll be gone for a month, so of course I’ll be there to see you off.”

            “I’m flying out via Korean Air.” replied Sehun.  “I’m still here and I think it might take a while.  We’re barely moving.” 

            “OK, I see.  When is – wait!  Jongsuk!” suddenly said Sangchul, making Sehun’s heart race.  “Lee Jongsuk!  Is that-”

            The phone call was cut short as the other end became quiet.  Sehun quickly ended the call, as he looked around the area he was at.  Maybe he’ll be able to catch a glimpse of Lee Jongsuk

            “Sehun!” said Sangchul, rather, loudly as he quickly walked up to the line.  “I-I think I just saw Jongsuk.”

            “Where?!” he responded.

            “I-I don’t know where!  He was just over there by the arriving flights terminal.” explained Sangchul, pointing to his right.

            “Take my spot!  I’m going to go find him.” said Sehun, shoving his carry on bag into Sangchul’s arms.  “I’ll be back.”  He didn’t bother to wait for his brother to say anything before running off.

            Sehun quickly ran as fast as he could through the crowd towards the arriving flights, looking everywhere for that fimilar boy he grew up with.  When he got to the terminal, there were some people getting their luggage and he quickly scanned the area for Jongsuk.  He was nowhere.  Sehun quickly ran out of the building where the taxis were.  He quickly ran along side the road, searching for one of the faces he had wanted to see in years.  There was no one.

 

 


 

 

            Jongsuk felt his stomach flipped when he saw Sehun running towards their taxi and passing it, in a flash.  Sangchul seemed to have seen him earlier and must had told the younger guy.  Sehun looked like he was in distress, making Jongsuk wonder if that was what his reaction was when he found out that Minah left.  He quickly turned to the woman next to him, who was staring straight at the traffic to her left as the taxi pulled away from the curb.

            “Minah…” he called out.  He was glad that he was the one sitting next to the curb or she would have been the one who saw him instead.

            “Hm?” she responded, looking at him.

            “Sehun was here.” he stated, being honest.  “It seemed like he was looking for me.”

            “Sangchul knows you so well.  Even after a decade, he still remembers you.” commented Minah, as she looked back at the cars.  The taxi came to a stop as other cars tried to merge into the lane.

            “It’s really not that surprising.” said Jongsuk, with a small smile.  “We did grow up together after all.”

            “Hm.” nodded Minah.  “It seems like no one recognizes me though.”

            “You fixed your jaw because of that accident.” reminded Jongsuk.  “They couldn’t fuse it back to how it looked like before…  Besides, that should be OK.  It causes less trouble for you anyways, Minah…  Or, should I start calling you Naeun like everyone does?”

            She smiled.  “You never did bother to when I first changed my name so why should you start now?” she asked.

            They were in a taxi accident not long after they ran away from their families.  The accident was so bad that her jaw shattered.  The plastic surgeons did the best they could and were able to fix it, but they weren’t able to re-create Minah’s original jawline.  The new jaw created a completely new look and that was when she decided to let go of Kim Minah and become a new person as Kim Naeun. 

            “True, but I don’t want people to start questioning why I call you a different name.” said Jongsuk, as he reached across the space between them and held her hands.  “You are my woman after all.”

            She smiled at him and leaned over, giving him a quick peck on the lips.  “Of course I am.” she said.  “But, it’s OK.  I like you calling my original name anyways.”

 

 

            Jongsuk knew that she was keeping something away from him.  He already knew that Sehun had been in touch with her, trying to eat lunch with her every day for the past 2 months, but he didn’t know that she had seen the guy before his arrival.  He could feel his blood boiling, at the thought of Minah smiling and being on good terms with him.

            “I thought that you hated him.” Jongsuk pointed out.

            “I do.” said Minah, as she turned to him.  They were sitting on her futon couch in her studio apartment, watching a late night TV show.

            “Then why are you talking to him?” asked Jongsuk.

            “I already did all I can to keep him away like I told you.” explained Minah.  “I told him that I have a boyfriend and everything, but he keeps on coming.”

            Jongsuk scoffed.  “He makes it seem like there aren’t women lining up at the door to be with him or something.” he comments.  “What the hell does he want from you?”

            “I don’t know.” answered Minah, frustrated.

            “Well, Minah, you’re obviously giving him whatever it is that he wants and that’s why he’s not going to leave.” stated Jongsuk and she didn’t say anything.  “You still like him, don’t you?”  Minah started to hesitate, making his heart drop.  “Your reaction makes me wonder why I’m even here if you still love him.”

            “Oppa, why are you saying that?” asked Minah.

            “Because I like you, Minah.” replied Jongsuk, seriously.  “I don’t want to loose you just because of someone like Sehun.” 

            She looked into his eyes.  “Do you really like someone ugly like me that much?” she asked. 

            Jongsuk smiled and replied by kissing her lips.  “You’re not ugly.” he breathed hotly onto her lips.  “You’re beautiful.”

            Minah smiled back at him as she pulled away from his lips.  “I’m going to go take a shower and we can sleep, Jongsuk.” she said.

            “OK.” he nodded.

            Jongsuk heard Minah’s phone vibrating after she stepped into the shower.  He grabbed it and checked to see who was calling.  He rolled his eyes when he saw the name calling from the kakaotalk app.  Oh Sehun.  He quickly let out a sigh before answering.

            “Hello?” he answered, trying to be calm.

            “O-Oh?  Is Naeun there?” asked Sehun.

            “She’s busy at the moment.” replied Jongsuk, glancing at the bathroom.

            “I see…” said Sehun.

            “What do you want from my girlfriend?” asked Jongsuk, boldly, and the other guy didn’t reply.  “Why do you keep on eating lunch with her, huh?  Are you trying to make her cheat on me with you?”

            “N-No, not at all.” replied Sehun.

            “Then what do you want from my girlfriend?” repeated Jongsuk.

            “I-I just want to see her smile.” answered Sehun.  “All I want is her smile.”

            Jongsuk pulls the phone away from his ear and stared at the caller ID.  All he wants is to her smile, he thought.  He frowned and ended the call.  Sorry, not this time around.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            Here…  This is why there was all that Naeun crap that you all were wondering about. 

            If anyone is wondering why I decided to choose a 10 year gap instead of a 3 or 5 year gap, it’s because I want Sehun and Minah to grow up a bit (or to still hold onto each other or whatever it may really be).  They met when they were 18 years old (which is the international age if some of you don’t know) and, honestly, 21/23 year olds are no where grown up.  I especially want Sehun to have his career going and watch his friends/families move on with their lives as he still continues to stand in one spot the whole time, not changing and not living the life he needs to.  This is why I had decided to choose such a huge gap.  Besides, it’s more realistic anyways.  (FYI new readers, I like to write realistic.  If you don’t like that then you can hit unsubscribe right now and this is really the only realistic aspect of my story.)

            And, here is my little rant: to make it simple, I am the writer here.  I originally wrote this story because I wanted to test how many AFF readers would actually fall for this cliche story and here you all are.  You have fallen for my trap/test.  I did plan on making this story the most corniest crap I’ve ever written besides my first fanfic, but I guess I’ve decided to have bigger and more creative plans than intended for this story.  If you don’t like it, then you don’t need to read it.  If you don’t like the progress, then don’t read it.  I’m honestly asking as a writer who doesn’t need crap like “I don’t like the progress of this story” in my comments.  In the last 4 years I have been on AFF, I had never had any readers leave comments like this for me and it’s probably because I’m no longer catering it to the cliché-story-loving-fanbase anymore.  I’m starting to cater it to my usual readers, who actually appreciate whatever it is that I write and I’m not going to say sorry because it’s my story after all.  This is my style of writing, OK?  If a story isn’t going your way, then start writing your own.  This was how I started to write my own and why I hardly read anyone else’s.

THANKS,

loveFORyunho