always

When Trouble Walked In [Hiatus]

 

 

            Minah woke up, knowing that she was in a warm comfortable bed even with her pounding headache.  She was on her side, in a comfortable position, and opened her eyes.  She let out a gasp that made her head spin.  Oh my God, she thought, breathing hard.  She quickly looked around the room, as her heart started to race.  Why am I here with Sehun?!

            He was fast asleep, only a few centimeters away from her.  He looked like he was at peace as he breathed deeply.  If anything, he looked like he haven’t aged a day since 10 years ago.  He still looked like that same boy from her memories…  And, it made her wondered if he still loved the same way too.

            Minah swallowed hard and slipped out of bed.  It was then, when she realized that he had undressed her.  She was in her bra and underwear, making her blush, but it was not the time to be embarrassed about it.  She needed to get her clothes and leave as soon as possible.  She quickly looked around the room and realized that none of her clothing items were in sight.

            Where did he put it?, thought Minah, pulling a drawer open.  She let out a frustrated sigh. 

            “Your clothes….” mumbled a soft voice, startling her.  She turned to him and swallowed hard, as he sat up in bed.  His eyes were blinking slowly as he watched her.  “Why don’t you sleep for another hour or so?  Your head hurts, right?”

            Minah didn’t reply as she turned her back towards him and looked around.  “I need to leave, Sehun.” she said, trying not to let her voice crack.

            “Why?” asked Sehun, acting clueless.

            “Because I have a boyfriend.” responded Minah, getting angry.  “I need to get home since I make it home last night.  He’s probably mad at me right now.”

            Sehun smiled a small smile at her.  “I’m sure he’ll understand.” he said.

            Minah felt her eyes burn, as she tried to hold back a cry.  She felt stupid for going to the party without Jongsuk.  If only he was there, then she wouldn’t be in this situation.  She turned to Sehun.  “You don’t understand anything Sehun.” she stated, as she looked into his eyes.  Her lips trembled, as he quietly got out of bed.  “He’s not going to quietly understand why his girlfriend slept over at another man’s place.”

            Sehun approached her and she took a few steps back, as tears rolled down her cheeks.  “I’m sorry.” he said, as he reached out to touch her.

            No, thought Minah.  “Don’t touch me.” she stated.  She was worried about what could happen.  She was standing in front of him half after all.

            “I’m sorry.” repeated Sehun, stepping back.  At least he knew how to distance himself away from her then she was glad.  “Why don’t we have breakfast first and then you can leave?”

            He agreed that he’ll take her home after he made her some bean sprout soup, but he claimed that he forgot where he had placed her clothes.  So, she ended up wearing some of his instead.  Minah felt weird, as she watched Sehun cook by himself.  He refused to have her help him.  Cooking was the last thing she would ever expect from him.  If anything, she was surprised that he had grown up so much.  She could feel a blush creep up her face as he placed the soup in front of her with a big smile.

            Now is not a time for something stupid like this, she thought as old feelings started to creep in.

            It seemed like she was now unable to keep her cool emotionally.  The feelings that she felt when she was 18 were still lingering, even if she didn’t want them to.  She still cared and loved Oh Sehun like that stupid, gullible girl she once was.  She wondered if Jongsuk had knew all along because he had been so strict about her going out ever since she told him about what happened between her and Sehun.

            “Go ahead.” he smiled at her.  “Eat and then you can leave.”  She hesitated and he laughed.  “You shouldn’t worry.  It’s good.  I learned well by living by myself.”

            Minah smiled softly.  “I-I see.” she said.  She took a spoonful of the soup and tasted it.  To her surprise, it tasted wonderful.  “It’s really good.”

            Sehun smiled and then his lips.  “I’m glad.” he said.

            “Aren’t you going to be eating?” she asked.

            “No,” he replied, shaking his head.  “I’m already full just by watching you eat.”

            Minah took in a deep breath and forced herself to look at him.  “You know that we can’t meet after this, right Sehun?” she asked.

            “I know that you won’t accept my feelings, but…  Couldn’t we just be friends?” he asked.

            “I’m sorry.” answered Minah, looking down at the soup.

            She heard him let out a heavy sigh and then said, “OK.”

            She thought that it was strange how he wasn’t as persistent, like the usual.  Regardless, she brushed it off, not wanting to know why.  She finished the soup quickly and then he magically pulled her clothes out of his dryer. they were on their way.  Minah was anticipating an awkward atmosphere in the car, but it was hardly that way at all.  Instead, she felt too comfortable with Sehun and became worried.

            What is going on?, she thought as she watched the skyscraping, beautiful buildings past them by. 

            “I missed you a lot, you know.” Minah heard Sehun said, behind her.  She felt her stomach flip, but she continued to ignore him.  “I looked for you everywhere after all these 10 years and I can’t believe that you were really just here this whole time…  Kim Minah.”

            She felt her heart started to race.  HOW DOES HE KNOW?!, she thought as her eyes started to water.  It didn’t felt right to have him say her birth name anymore…  She used to love the way her name rolled off his tongue, but it was nothing but a painful reality check of their past now.

            Sehun let his words sank in before continuing.  “I still love you, with my whole heart and soul, Minah…  I know that you want to move on and that’s totally fine because I did too…  I really did, but…  It’s just that I couldn’t make it that far because I kept on wanting to be with you, whether in real life or in our memories.  I couldn’t fully focus on the relationships in front of me and here I am: still single, after 10 years.”  Minah couldn’t say anything with her blurred vision.  There was a lump lodged in and she rather not have him know that she was crying.  “As much as I would love for us to be in each other’s life again, I can understand why you wouldn’t want that.  I’ve hurt you when you trusted and loved me with every bit of your being.  So….  I don’t expect anything from this.  I promise I won’t cause you anymore trouble after this.  All I really want you to know is that whatever happens, my arms and heart will always be wide open for you no matter what.”

            That was when all Minah wanted to do was jump out of the car.  Had her perception of Sehun been wrong this whole time?  Did he truly love her as he had claimed?  Did she make the wrong choice by leaving?  Her imagination started to run wild, making her see images of what their lives could have been together.

            Honestly, it’s too late to regret what cannot be undone, thought Minah as she pulled herself back to reality. 

            It took her awhile to realize that Sehun had pulled up the neighborhood she was living in.  She remembered that she specifically told him not to pull up directly to her apartment complex, in case Jongsuk was on the lookout from their living room window.  Her heart was beating so loud that she couldn’t even hear herself thank him, as she stepped out of his car.

            It’s OK to feel some regret, but…, Minah told herself, since the heavy weight on her chest wasn’t going away.  There was a reason why you left in the first place.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            Hello, hello everyone.  ^^  I know that you all miss this story, so here’s an update!!  I’m not going to lie about how busy I’ve been (if you can’t already tell by the lack of new chapters) because I’ve been running all over the place.  OTL  I’ll definitely update for sure on whether or not I will go on hiatus because it is very likely.  >_<

            Regardless, I hope that you all enjoy~~

LOVE,

loveFORyunho