fever bunny

When Trouble Walked In [Hiatus]

 

            Minah let out a soft groan as she shifted in the bed.  Suddenly, she felt a warm hand placed against her hot temple.  Her face was burning up and she didn’t know why.  She opened her eyes to see Jongsuk sitting by her side on the bed.  He smiled, as Minah felt her heart dropped. 

            “How are you?” he asked, as she quickly looked around the room.  She knew immediately that they were at the hospital with the humidifier and the saline IV injected into her arm.

            Didn’t Sehun come get me at the old house?, she thought.  Didn’t he want me back?

            “Your fever is still high.” commented Jongsuk, as he gently cupped her cheeks.  He was still smiling as she turned to look back at him.

            Was it all a dream?, thought Minah as her eyes started to water.  Waves of sadness started to wash over her heart as tears stream down her face.  I can’t believe that I thought it was real…  It was just a dream.

            “Minah, why are you crying?” cooed Jongsuk, as he wiped away her tears as she sobbed.

            “Where’s Sehun?” she asked.  Her voice was hoarse, startling her, and was sore.

            Jongsuk’s smile dropped instantly.  “Sssh.” he whispers, as leaned in close to her face.  “It’s OK.”

            Minah continued to cry as he tried to make her stop.  “Where is he?” she asked, regardless of her hurting throat.

            “He’s-” started Jongsuk.

            “Here.” finished Sehun.  Minah could see a hand on Jongsuk’s shoulder, as the older boy turned around.  Sehun was looking at him with an un-amused face.  “You should leave before I beat you up.”

            “For what?  Almost touching your fiancée?” teased Jongsuk.

            A vein popped on Sehun’s neck as he stepped towards the older male.  He quickly took a hold of his collar and pulled him inches from his face.  Sehun’s glare was full of so much hatred that Minah knew that he could kill Jongsuk in an instant if he wanted to.  She became worried when the pair continued to hold each other’s gaze.  There was an intense tension rising between them.

            “Sehun!!” yelled Minah, as she tried to loosen Sehun’s grip on Jongsuk’s shirt.  “Stop it!   Please stop it!  Let Jongsuk-sshi go!”  She was still crying and her voice got hoarser. 

            Sehun let him go with a long breath and he quickly stood up.  “I was simply visiting.” Jongsuk explained.  “Don’t worry.”  He flashed a small smile.  He turns to look at Minah with a huge grin.  “I’ll come visit you soon.”  He leaned over to pat her on the head when Sehun stopped him, by gripping onto his wrist.  He was gripping so hard that Jongsuk’s hand became white.

            “Don’t touch a single inch of her body.” hissed the fiancé.

            Jongsuk let out a chuckle, as he whipped Sehun’s hand off of him in a flash.  “If you insist.” he responded, retracting his hand from her head.

            Tension was still building up, even as Jongsuk left the room with a cheerful goodbye and bright smile.  Sehun let out another long breath as he sat on her bed.  After he calmed down, he turned to Minah and his face softened.  He closed the space between them as he leaned over to touch her.  His hand came up and wiped away her drying tears.

            “Why were you crying?” he asked, worried.  “Did Jongsuk say something mean to you?”

            His questions made her started to cry again.  She shook her head, not being able to answer.  Wanting to feel his warmth, she suddenly hugged him.  “Did you really come get me at the old house?” she asked, her voice muffled by his chest.

            “Of course.” responded Sehun, as he pulled her closer to him.  “You fainted after I kissed your forehead.  Don’t you remember?”

            “No, I do!  Well, I don’t remember fainting, but I remember everything else.  It’s just that it seemed like it was a dream.” explained Minah, as she pulled away from the hug.  Sehun cupped her wet face.  His two warm thumbs wiped away her tears again as he stared into her eyes.  “I thought that it was a dream because I woke up and saw Jongsuk-sshi.  I thought that maybe you didn’t come for me and I was just being stupid.”

            Sehun snorted with a smile.  “That bastard must have snuck in here while I was telling Secretary Lee about your condition.” he explained.  “Secretary Lee was worried about you and that douche-bag must’ve tagged along with his dad to come see you.”  He let out a sigh as he pulled her into a hug.  “I will always come for you, even if you’re in the middle of the sea.  I never want anything bad to happen to you, so when you need someone just call me.”

            “Do you really mean that?” asked Minah, feeling her face burn hotter.  It wasn’t the fever.  It was her blushing.

            “I promise.” whispered Sehun into her ear.  She let out a soft giggle since it tickled.  She tried to pull away from him, but he held her close.  He made a trail of gentle kisses from her earlobe to the corner of her lips.

            “Wait!” said Minah, before Sehun could kiss her lips.  “I’m sick!”

            He smiled.  “It’s OK.” he said.  “We’ll just be sick together.”

            “Ummm…  Just wait until I get better.  I really don’t want you to get sick.” continued Minah, as she lightly pushed him away.

            Sehun let out a soft sigh of frustration.  “Can’t I just have a little peck?” he asked.  Minah covered her lips with her hands and shook her head.  “Pretty please?”  She continued to shake her head.

            Before Sehun could continue begging, Grandpa Kim came into the room.  He became excited and approached the bed.  Before Minah knew it, she was surrounded by Mr. and Mrs. Oh as well.  They had lunch for her and Sehun.  She smiled at them, not saying much, and turned to look at her fiancé.  He seemed slightly dejected, but flashed a bright smile when their eyes met.  He took her hand in his and intertwined them.

            I’m glad that it wasn’t just a dream, thought Minah.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            Hope you guys enjoyed this!  (Yay!  Jongsuk is finally in the story again!!  I hope that one subber especially enjoy this!!  ke ke)

            I couldn’t really update for the last 2 weeks because I’ve been so busy, but I hope you guys like this!!  ^^ 

LOVE,

loveFORyunho