i hate you

When Trouble Walked In [Hiatus]

 

 

            Minah looked over at Sehun, embarrassed about earlier, as his luxury sports car pull up to her run down apartment.  He turned to glance at her as the car came to a stop, meeting her stare.  She darted her eyes elsewhere, ignoring his eyes.  “A-About earlier…” she hesitated.

            “Were you really worried?” he asked.  She didn’t answer as she looked down at the hands in her lap.  He leaned over and cupped her face with his hands.  He forced her to look into his eyes.  He smiled a soft smile.  “It makes me really happy to know how much you care about me.”  She didn’t know what to say besides looking away again.  “Why don’t I take you upstairs?”

            “I don’t know about that.” she quickly responded, pulling out of his hands.  “Maybe…  It’s best if you don’t.”

            She was scared that he might attempt to kiss her because he almost did earlier before he opened the car door for her.  She pushed him away, letting him know that she wasn’t going to do that with him.  Jongsuk was waiting for her and there was no way in the world that she was going to cheat on him with Oh freaking Sehun. 

            The ex-husband flashed a look of despair.  Was he really expecting her to let him take upstairs after what had just happened?  Stupid, persistent man.  If anything, she was scared of what would happen if they were together and alone in her home.  The last thing she would ever want was for Jongsuk to suffer through the same pain she went through with Sehun and Krystal.

            “I’m sorry, but I don’t think we can eat lunch or hang out anymore.” said Minah, before stepping out of the car.  “Goodbye, Oh Sehun.”

            She quickly got out as he yelled out, “Naeun, wait.”  She didn’t bother looking back as she climbed upstairs as fast as she could, but she was too slow.  Sehun’s long, lanky body was faster than hers as he caught up and quickly blocked her way home.  “Naeun, please.”  His breathing was hard as he looked down at her. 

            “There’s nothing left to say, Sehun.” she said, as she avoided his gaze and looked down at his shiny leather shoes.  “I have a boyfriend.”

            He in a sharp breath.  “I’m sorry that I tried to kiss you earlier.” he said, with guilt coloring his voice.  “It’s just that…  It’s really hard not to like you, Kim Naeun.”

            Wow…  He is one good liar, she thought.  “Is this what you say to all of your female friends?” she asked, boldly.

            “W-What?  No.” responded Sehun, obviously not expecting her to say that. 

            Minah took the chance and slipped past him, practically running upstairs for her dear life.  She thought that he was going to follow her but it seemed like he finally took a hint.  She let out a long breath after locking the door, as she looked down at her phone.

            What will I tell Jongsuk?, she thought.

            She knew that she shouldn’t keep what had happened away from Jongsuk or she would feel like she was cheating on him.  After all that he had done for her, she should at least tell him the truth about what was happening because he deserved to know.  Her eyes teared up as she called her boyfriend through kakaotalk.

            “Minah, is everything alright?” answered Jongsuk.

            She let out a cry.  Damn, I screwed everything up, she thought.  “J-Jongsuk…” she hiccupped.  “I was with S-Sehun…”

 

 


 

 

            He wasn’t sure what would be Naeun’s reaction when she saw him.  He had decided to take up her suggestion and started to talk to Teacher Lee after all.  Kai and Tao were especially happy that he wasn’t hanging out with Naeun anymore, but he couldn’t help it but feel depressed about it.  Teacher Lee was a sweet young woman, but somethings weren’t clicking.  Perhaps she was too clingy and needy because she was 4 years younger, but it really bothered him.  He would much rather be in the presence of Naeun, even if she gave him the cold shoulder 95% of the time.

            “Oppa, do you want to go to a karoke party the staff is hosting after the film?” asked Teacher Lee as she linked arms with him.  He was waiting in front of her home for a date at the movie theater.

            “Sure.” he nodded. 

            It had been at least a month since he had last seen Naeun on the staircase of her apartment complex.  He had confessed and she thought that it was some kind of joke, making his heart break.  He wanted to confront her regarding what she had to say about it.  All Sehun wanted was for her to continue being his friend.  So, he would like to see her again and there he was.

            Sehun wasn’t surprised that Naeun didn’t come with her boyfriend.  That man was overseas after all.  He thought that she looked pretty tonight.  She was wearing a nice dress, styled her hair a bit, and had makeup on.  When her eyes landed on him, she flashed an unreadable look, but it was far from being happy.  She probably didn’t know that he had taken up her suggestion about Teacher Lee.  It took him half the time to talk to her.  She wasn’t singing, only enjoying the others as they all play a few drinking games here and there.  By the time he took the chance to talk to her, she was a bit buzzed.

            “Hey, why aren’t you singing?” asked Sehun, taking the spot next to her.  Teacher Lee was too busy singing out of her lungs to pay attention to him, not to mention that she was straight up drunk already.

            “Oh, hey…” slurred Naeun, glancing at him and then back at the group of singing teachers.  “No…  It’s OK.  These types of things aren’t my thing.”  She finally turned to get a good look at him.  “So you’re dating Teacher Lee now.  That’s good.”

            “I just took your suggestion.” said Sehun.  “That’s all.  How…  How have you been?”

            Naeun blinked, slowly.  “I’ve been good.” she said.  “My boyfriend moved back to Korea about a month ago and I moved in with him.”

            Sehun smiled, bitterly.  “I’m glad to hear about the news.” he said.

            Naeun leaned back in her seat as she closed her eyes slowly.  “I guess its good news.” she said.  “But, to be honest, I don’t even know where our relationship is going anymore.”

            Sehun looked at her, worried, as she looked straight ahead.  “Why would-” he started, before being interupted by Teacher Lee.

            “Another drink!!” she screamed, as she held up a bottle of soju and all the teachers except for Naeun screamed.

            Before Sehun knew it, he was holding his date’s hair while she was throwing up into the toilet bowl.   Disgusted, he called it a night by grabbing her things and was about to go home when he saw Naeun’s head bobbing up and down in the dark corner.  That was when he decided to take her with him as well, even if he didn’t know where she and her boyfriend was living.  He would rather have her under his care than another’s.  He felt bad that he left Teacher Lee at her doorstep, past out, after ringing the door bell but he couldn’t help it.  He wanted to be alone with Naeun.  She eventually woke up on Sehun’s bed, startled.  She was still drunk as she looked around the room, saying incoherent words.  Then, her gaze landed on him and she started to blink slowly. 

            “Hey,” he said, as he helped push hair out of her face.  “What’s the address of your new place I can take you home?”  Taking her home was probably the dumbest thing he could have done since he could call her boyfriend, but he didn’t want to talk to the guy.  Especially after what had happened when Sehun called from Japan, he didn’t want to deal with that again.  All the sudden, Naeun let out a cry and pulled him out of his thoughts.  “Naeun, what’s wrong?”

            “I hate you, Oh Sehun.” she muttered, looking straight at him.  His heart dropped and his stomach started to flip, as she continued to cry.  “I hate you so much.”

            “Why?” breathed Sehun, with wide eyes.  It hurt to hear her say that to him.  He wasn’t sure what he had ever done to her to make her say such a thing to him.

            “I hate you for never loving me and for making me fall head over heels for you.” she cried softly, confusing him.  “You only loved Krystal and only bother to look my way after I was pregnant…  I wished I died with our child in that stupid car crash so I wouldn’t have to suffer anymore.”

            Sehun let out a small gasp, after putting the puzzle pieces together.  “Minah?” he asked out loud.

            She started to cry harder.  “Please don’t call me that.” she said, trying to push him away.  “It hurts too much to hear you call me that.  Call me Naeun…  Just Naeun…”

            Sehun stared at her, confused.  He pulled her face, closer for an inspection.  Something was different, but he couldn’t put his finger on it as she looked up at him with watery eyes.  “I missed you so much.” he admitted, feeling his eyes burn.  “Why didn’t you tell me?  Don’t you know how much I still love you?”

            She shook her head.  “No, no.” she responded.  “No, you don’t.  You never loved me.”

            “Yes, I did.” said Sehun, shaking her lightly.  “Pehaps I never said it, but I felt it.”

            “Then why you cheat one me?” she asked, with tears streaming down her face.  “Why didn’t you tell me?”

            “Because,” breathed Sehun.  “I was stupid.” 

            He quickly pulled her into a soft kiss when she started to hit his chest.  She pulled away crying.  “Jongsuk…” she sobbed, making his heart break.  “I don’t want to cheat on Jongsuk.”  Sehun’s vision blurred as he pulled her into a hug instead.  She started to cry into his chest as she whispered, “I don’t want to be the one that murder Jongsuk’s soul like how Oh Sehun did to me…  I don’t want to be that bad person.  I don’t want to break anyone’s heart.”

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            Wow…  That was emotional….  :0  Enjoy, enjoy you guys!!

            I’m going to be writing a new fanfic, everyone.  ^^  It’s a rated Lu Han fanfic and I hope that you all will stop by to check it out.  :D

LOVE,

loveFORyunho