white lies

When Trouble Walked In [Hiatus]

 

 

            Minah stared at Driver Daesung as he drove up to the curb.  She blinked.  “Where’s Sehun?” she asked, disappointed as he rolled down the windows.

            “The young master said that he have to work overtime because his presentation will be coming up soon.” he explained.

            “O-Oh.” said Minah, not knowing that that was what had happened. 

            She quickly stepped into the car, feeling like Sehun didn’t care.  If he was busy, then he should have called or texted her that he couldn’t make it instead of just sending Driver Daesung to pick her up.  She was excited to see his handsome face and was anticipating to give him a peck on the lips before he drove home, but her hopes had been let down.  She quickly glanced down at her phone.  There was nothing, like before.  No text, no missed call, no voicemail.  Nothing.

            Maybe he just forgot because he got really busy with presentation, thought Minah as she watched the scenery pass her by.

            She busied herself with a book from the Oh’s library when she got home, but she kept on checking her phone in case Sehun texted her.  He never did and he even missed dinner.  It was 9 when he was home.  She greeted him happily and he returned a rather forced smile, with little emotion.

            “Are you really stressed out?” asked Minah softly as she helped him undo his tie.

            Sehun let out a sigh.  “Yeah.” he replied.  “There’s just so much to put into the power point and I’m not sure if my team will do well.  It’s really just these upper classmen and I and I feel like we are lacking a lot of professionalism that isn’t taught in class.”

            “Sehun, don’t underestimate yourself and your teammates like that.” said Minah, as she hugged him.  “Everything will be fine.”

            “I don’t know.” responded Sehun, as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

            “Do you want anything to eat?” she asked.  “You must be hungry.”  She could hear him hesitating and then pulled away from the hug.  “Are you so stressed that you don’t even want to eat?”

            She pushed away the hair away from his face, to get a better look at it.  He blinked slowly and nodded his head.  She smiled, as she intertwined their hands.  She pulled him towards the bedroom door.

            “Why don’t I go and reheat something for you to eat?” she suggested.

            Sehun suddenly stopped her, by tugging her back towards the room.  “It’s OK.” he said.  “You don’t need to.  I don’t think my stomach can handle all of the food being so stressed and all.”

            A worried look washed over Minah’s face.  “Are you sure?” she asked.  “I don’t want you to starve and torture yourself over this presentation.”

            Sehun shook his head.  “I am.” he smiles, softly.  “I had a big lunch with the guys, so I’ll be good.”  Before she could register, he leaned in and kissed her passionately.  “I’ll be OK.”

            Minah smiled as she rubbed her nose against his.  “Don’t be stressed out over this, OK?” she asked.  “Promise me that.”

            “Of course.” said Sehun, with a laugh.

 

 

 

 

            Sehun stared at the phone screen.

 

Krystal: I hope you go home safely after our date.  ^^  I’m really glad that we were able to have some time to ourselves again.  I missed that a lot.

 

Me: I got home fine.  Thank you for worrying.  I missed the old times too.

 

Krystal: Did your wife say anything?

 

Me: No, she was just worried.

 

Krystal: About what?

 

            He closed his eyes as he got up from the covered toilet.  He rubbed huge circles into his temples as he thought of all that had happened so far.  Krystal was not going to let him carry on his married life with Minah and insisted that they continue their relationship where they left off.  Although he wanted to keep away, he couldn’t stop himself.  There was something about Krystal that made him still gravitate himself toward her.

            Why?, he questioned himself.  Do I really love this girl that much that I keep on going back to her?

            But, what about Minah?  What was she to him?  Was she really just someone who temporarily took the place of Krystal in his heart to ease his suffering while she was gone?  Sehun let out a heavy sigh.  Unsure of what was going on.  He turned off the lights in the bathroom and went back to the room.

            “Sehun…” mumbled Minah, startling him. 

            He quickly turned to her and realized that she was talking in her sleep.  She was reaching out to his side, which was empty.He quickly got under the covers and scooted closer to her, pulling her into his arms. 

            “I’m right here.” he whispered, softly as she rubbed her face into his chest.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            And the real drama begins…  T_T  I’m crying the crap out of my eyes as I write this ultra short chapter.  I hope you guys understand!  (And, if you can’t already tell I’m trying to aim for a melodrama with this fanfic.)

            Hope you guys enjoyed this!  ^^

LOVE,

loveFORyunho