fruit salad

When Trouble Walked In [Hiatus]

 

 

            Kai smiled, slyly as Sehun hummed to himself.  He quickly looked around their surrondings and had an urge to want to buy junk food and only junk food for his pregnant wife.  They have only been married for a year and she became pregnant.  They weren’t planning on it so it was quite a surprise, but Kai was more than excited.  He was finally going to be a father and he couldn’t wait.  The friends were at a grocery store for some unknown reason.  Since Sehun hardly cooks nor eat at home, Kai knew that something was up but the guy still has yet to explain anything.   

            “I wonder what she likes.” he heard his friend mumbled to himself as he picked up a cantelope.

            Kai raised his eyebrow at him.  “Mister Oh Sehun, do you have a girlfriend that Tao and I don’t know about?” he questioned, with a laugh.  “Who is this girl that you’re trying to buy fruit for?  Besides, isn’t it better to get her a fruit basket?”

            “She’s not a girlfriend.  She’s just a woman that happens to be a friend.  Well, at least that’s how I see her.” explained Sehun, avoiding Kai’s eyes.  “She’s not the type to accept gifts easily, so it’s best to buy it and make some fruit salad or something.  Besides, shouldn’t you be buying your wife some fruits too?”

            Kai laughed, getting excited.  “No, not really.  We were shopping yesterday and has a kitchen full of grapes so she doesn’t need any more.  That girl…  She sounds like a challenge and I like that.”

            Sehun scoffed.  “She has a boyfriend.” he stated.

            Kai scruntched his face up in confusion as Sehun placed a cantelope in the basket.  “Then why are you chasing after her?” he wondered.  “Are you trying to be the other man?”  Sehun didn’t respond and Kai laughed.  “Wow.  That’s amazing Sehun.  She must be one amazing-”

            “I’m not trying to seduce her from her boyfriend.” he finally answered, irritated.  “Everyone always says that, but it’s not true.”  He let out a long sigh as he quickly picked up a watermelon.  “I just want to be her friend.  That’s all.”

            “OK, OK.” said Kai, not wanting Sehun to get riled up for no reason.  “You want to be her friend.  I get it.  No seducing, just friendship.”

            “My mom doesn’t want me to hang out with her.” commented Sehun.  He spotted some strawberries and walked toward it.  “She thinks that I should get a girlfriend instead.”

            “I think so too.” said Kai, voicing his opinion, making Sehun stopped analyzing which tub had the best strawberries.  He finally looked into Kai’s eyes.

            “You think that I should get a girlfriend too?” he asked, with a rather sad voice.

            “W-Well, yeah.” said Kai, stumbling over his words.  “It’s been 3 years since you last had a relationship.”

            “Why can’t I just have a lady friend?” responded Sehun, as he continued to look for the perfect batch of strawberries.  “What’s wrong with that?”

            “There’s nothing wrong with it, but it’s just that…  You seem so romantically deprived, Sehun.  At least Tao is dating regardless of his shy nature around girls, but you…  It’s like you’re avoiding them or something.”

            “I’m not avoiding them.” defended Sehun, as a he flashed a look of anger at Kai.  “Don’t tell me you’re like my family too, thinking that I’m going to die all old and alone one day.”

            Kai looked into his soul, not saying anything.  That’s exactly what I’m afraid of, Oh Sehun, he thought. 

            Sehun swallowed hard, closed his eyes, and opened them again.  “Even if it does happen, it’s OK.” he said, as he placed the strawberries into the basket.

            “Sehun, why are you saying that?” asked Kai, upset.  “You shouldn’t think of life like that.”

            “To be honest, Kai…  I think that I’m destined to live a loveless life because I don’t know how to properly love.” he stated.

            The friend let out a sigh as he watched Sehun walked over to the pears.  But it wasn’t like you cheated on your last girlfriend, Sehun.  You were stupid when you with Kim Minah…  That was all, he thought. 

 

 


 

 

            Naeun blinked at the fruit salad and looked up at Sehun again.  “Why did you bring fruits?” she asked. 

            “You said that you wanted some the other day.” he explained, feeling blood creeping up to his face.

            “You shouldn’t have.” she stated.

            “But, I wanted to.” said Sehun.  “I haven’t had fruits in a while either, so I thought that it would be best if we had it together.” Naeun flashed him a look, making him feel completely stupid, and then suddenly smiled.  He knew it that he was blushing as he felt more blood travel upwards to his face.  He smiled back as he opened the container.  “Here, have some.”

            She quickly picked up a piece of watermelon with her chopsticks and took a bite.  “This is good.” she commented.  “Thank you.”

            “Don’t worry about it.” said Sehun, as he ate a grape.  “I don’t mind.”

            “Sehun…” she said, with a smile.

            “Hm?” he responded, looking into her eyes.

            “You’re so corny.” she stated and he wasn’t sure if it was an insult or compliment.  “Do you do this to all your female friends?”

            “Of course!” he lied. 

            He didn’t want her to know that he was doing all these things just to make her smile at him.  He had been having lunch with her for 2 months already and she was upset every single time he showed up.  Apparently, there are rumors circulating among the falculty, staff, students, and even parents that they’re together because of his constant attention on her.  Instead of seeing her frown, he wanted to see her smile and decided to do something that would make her happy.

            I just wanted to see you smile, he thought.  And, I did.

            “All these fruits must be expensive since some of them had to be imported.” softly commenting Naeun, not eating any more.

            “It’s OK.” reassured Sehun, pushing the glass container towards her.  “As long as it’s for you then it’s OK.  Please have some more.”

            “You shouldn’t be so nice or your future girlfriend will think that you’re cheating on her with me.” commented Naeun.

            Sehun shook his head.  “You shouldn’t worry.  I won’t be getting one anytime soon.” he said.

            “I don’t understand men like you.” stated Naeun, as she rolled her eyes.  “There’s a ton of girls lining up to be with you, but you don’t even care.  At least go on a date once a month or something.  You’re not even trying.”

            “It’s because I don’t really care for those types of relationships.” admitted Sehun.

            “Well, you should care because you’re be old and alone one day.  No one will care for you even if you have your family.” stated Naeun, as a matter of fact.

            Oh great…  Not this again, thought Sehun, as he rolled his eyes.

            “Hey, how about Teacher Lee?” asked Naeun.

            “What?” blinked Sehun, confused.

            “Teacher Lee is really pretty, nice, and has a big heart.  I’m sure you two will hit it off well.” suggested Naeun.  “Why don’t you have lunch with her tomorrow when you come?”

            Sehun couldn’t help it but smile.  She was going to expect him tomorrow.  He had been going to eat lunch with her every day that he was now apart of her life and it made him feel special.  What she didn’t know was that he wouldn’t be able to be there for a while since he will be away overseas.

            “I’m leaving for Japan tonight.” he answered.

            “Oh.” she blinked.  “Where are you going?”

            “To Japan.  I’ll be there for a month or so.” he replied, his dry lips.

            “I hope you have fun.” said Naeun, smiling softly.

            He was disappointed that she wasn’t sad or, at least, upset that he was going to be gone for a while.  He thought that they were getting close since he was there every day.  He knew that he did a good job by hiding his emotions by smiling back.

            “If only that will be possible.” he said.  “I have to work after all, Naeun.”

            “What time are you leaving to go through security?” she wondered.

            “7 pm.” he replied.  “My flight is at 9 pm, but going through the security for abroad flights is a pain in the .”

            “OK.” nodded Naeun, as she pulled out her phone.  “What airline?”

            “Korean Air.” Sehun answered, as he raised his eyebrow at her.  She was typing something onto her phone.  “Why do you want to know?”

            Naeun looked up from her cell phone with a small smile.  “Just so you’ll be at the back of my mind around that time.” she said, as she set her phone down.

            Sehun grinned, feeling completely special.  Maybe…  She will miss me after all, he thought.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            Hope you all enjoyed this update (and the progress of this relationship)!!!  ^^ 

           Let me emphasis that patience is the key....  OK, everyone?  :D

LOVE,

loveFORyunho