wanted

When Trouble Walked In [Hiatus]

 

 

            Minah quickly stopped fanning herself as she walked into the air conditioned cafeteria.  It had been 2 weeks since school started and, to her horror, Krystal was enrolled at the school too.  The girl was also majoring in Business with Sehun and, more than likely, had the same classes as him as well.  It had been 2 weeks that it had never been so clear that Sehun was with her and not Minah instead.  She had only briefly seen the backside of Sehun with the pretty being in the library before walking away from them, trying not to cry, but there had been more instances of them being together before.  Their case was nothing, but a public display of infidelity.

            Minah quickly paid for her food and got a to-go box.  She didn’t want to eat inside, knowing that the whole campus already knew about Sehun cheating.  She didn’t want to hear them whispering or see their little side glances.  She walked out of the cafeteria as soon as possible and went to her usual secluded spot under a tree behind the Literature building.

            “Is it OK if I join you?” asked Jongsuk, grabbing her attention from her food.

            She looked up at him, knowing well that he had no ill intentions.  Their eyes met and he flashed a small smile.  She couldn’t return it even if she wanted to.  “Sure.” she replied, flatly.

            “A lot of things had happened, huh?” asked Jongsuk. 

            To Minah, it was more like a statement than a question that he wanted her to answer.  Yes, a lot of things had happened.  She had started to wonder why he was out so late for the last month or so and why he had been so distant.  Now everything made so much more sense with Krystal around.

            Tao and Kai are around, but she didn’t want to talk to them.  She felt that it wasn’t necessary to ask them when she could clearly see the truth to everything that had happened.  It was heartbreaking to know that she had been lied to the whole time.  He said that he had moved on when he never truly did.

            He must love her so much that he can’t live without her when I am nothing to him, she thought.

            “Are you OK?” asked Jongsuk.

            “No.” replied Minah, truthfully.

            “It’s understandable.” nodded Jongsuk.  “Do you want to talk about it?”

            “No.” answered Minah.  “Now is not the right time.” 

            They both sat there in silence for a while.  Minah completely lost her appetite and closed the to-go box with a sigh.  She grabbed her things and said, “I’ll be leaving now.”

            “Wait.” said Jongsuk, grabbing her wrist.  He quickly retracted his hand and pulled out a small notebook out of his messenger bag and scribbled something on it with a pen.  He quickly ripped the page out and handed it to her.  “If you need anyone, just anyone, to listen to what you have to say then please call me.  I’ll come to you, no matter what.”

            “I don’t want another lying boy in my life.” commented Minah, not accepting the paper.

            “I won’t be like Sehun, I promise.” breathed Jongsuk.

            “You can talk the talk, but I don’t know if you can walk the walk.” countered Minah.

            Jongsuk let out a sigh, as he let his arm fall heavily on his lap.  “May I please get your real kakao username, at least?” he asked.  “I don’t want this boy to crush you in the end.”

            Minah blinked slowly as she accepted the paper and took the pen out of his hand.  She quickly scribbled her username onto the paper and handed it back to him.  Jongsuk smiled after glancing down at it.

            “I’ll make sure you won’t regret this.” he commented.

            Minah didn’t say anything as she looked into his eyes.  They were pure and gentle, but it wasn’t like Sehun’s weren’t the same.  She tore her eyes away and left, silently. 

 

 

            She was already done with her homework by the time Sehun came home.  In fact, she was already ready for bed.  She looked up to see him come in, happily.  His smile was bright and cheerful, making her wonder if he was with her.  Sehun quickly takes off his backpack and placed it on the sofa.  Then, he makes his way to the closet as he takes off his shirt.

            “How was your day?” he asked from inside the closet.

            “It was good.” replied Minah.

            “That’s good!” said Sehun.

            They haven’t had a good long conversation in a while.  Minah wasn’t sure if Sehun could feel it, but she could feel how there was an awkward air over them whenever they are together now. 

            “How are your classes?” he asked, as he stepped out of the closet with a towel around his waist.

            He hadn’t even had a chance to ask her this ever since school started.  He would always come home so late that she would be asleep by the time he did.  She forced a smile.  “They’re all good with great professors.  How about you?” she asked.

            Sehun stopped at the foot of the bed on his way to the bathroom.  He took a moment to think and then smiled a soft smile before looking back into her eyes.  How he was able to do that made her wondered if he had any remorse for her at all.  Suddenly, he climbed onto the bed and kissed her softly.  The action made her emotional as she started to cry.

            “Why are you crying?” asked Sehun, clueless-ly as if he knew nothing of his wrong doings.   He thumbed her tears away like he always had, being his gentle self.

            Is all of this just a dream?, she thought.

            “It’s nothing.” replied Minah, not wanting confront from him.  He was home early, for whatever reason on a Friday night, and here he was kissing her like he used to.  She didn’t want to push him farther away than he already was.  “I’m reading The Notebook.”

            Sehun smiled softly as he took the book from her hands and placed it on the night stand.  He looked back into her eyes and let out a small sigh.  “I want you to understand that Krystal and I are only friends.” he explained himself as he cupped her face.  Then, he kissed her forehead.  “Nothing more.”

            “Hm.” nodded Minah, not falling for his trap.  The time when she saw them in the library, they were holding hands and obviously more than buddies.

            Sehun smiled brightly, making her heart break.  She held back her tears as he leaned in and kissed her, passionately and hungrily.  As his hands danced all over her body, all she wanted to do was cry.  Whether it was out of pain or of happiness, she wasn’t too sure herself.  She was just glad that she was wanted by him, even if it was only because of lust.

            All that truly mattered was that she was wanted.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter…  T_T  I cried so hard while writing this...  OMG.  Sorry about last night!  I actually didn’t update anything.  Instead I accidentally placed a chapter from the wrong story as an update for this one.  Sorry about getting your hopes up high!  I really do hope that you guys are satisfied with this update.

LOVE,

loveFORyunho