goodbye

When Trouble Walked In [Hiatus]

 

 

            The sound of the suitcase rolling behind her was loud and clear.  She glanced up at the old, beat-up house that she and her grandpa used to rent.  They had lived there for as long as she remembered.  Minah’s eyes water as she takes in a breath.  She would have never left if the Ohs didn’t intervened.  This was her real home.

            There was still a “VACANT – NO TRESPASSING” sign on the wooden gates.  She quickly pulled out her old keys and slipped them into the locks.  Click.  The manager was too cheap to change the locks.  Minah smiled as she stepped in, wheeling her suitcase with her.

 

 

 


 

 

            Sehun let out a long breath as he stopped pounding on the cold metal door.  He had sneaked into the high school, just in case Minah had gone there.  The doors were locked and there was no way for her to get inside.

            He didn’t know what to do when he realized that she was gone.  He couldn’t go back to sleep.  There was no way that it could be a dream…  Minah was gone for sure.  Later in the morning, Sehun found a note she left on his desk.

 

Sehun,

            I’ll go and relieve your suffering.  I am sorry for being a burden to you and your older brother. 

 

Goodbye,

Kim Minah

 

            Sehun frowned as he stood up straight.  Relieve my suffering…  Relieve my suffering?!!!!, he thought, angrily.  She is NOT relieving my suffering in any form or way!!

            He was far from being relieved of suffering.  In fact, he was endlessly worried about her.  About where she was and what she was doing: if she is safe or not.  Sehun pulled his hair, out of frustration.  If anything bad happened to her, then he wouldn’t know what he would to himself.

            His parents and Grandpa Kim were already ready to call the Seoul Police department to report a missing adolescent.  But, he insisted them that she probably left sometime early in the morning and that it had to be 24 hours before they can report someone missing.  Although Grandpa Kim wanted to come along with Sehun to look for Minah, he insisted that it would be better if he went by himself.

            It was better that Sehun went by himself.  He’d much rather have Grandpa Kim worry about Minah at home anyways, where it’s warm and nice, instead of running around everywhere in the cold and snow.  A cold and nauseating feeling was brewing in the pit of his stomach and he didn’t like it.  Guilt.  He swallowed hard, trying to keep it down.

            I never meant to hurt you, Minah…, thought Sehun, as he stared at the grey sky.

            It was painful to have her suddenly leave, just like how Krystal did.  Everything was just so sudden…  He had been the stupid, blind one all along when everyone else knew.  At least the main difference was that Minah left because she felt like a stickler in the mud when Krystal just left because she was cheating on him behind his back.  The two girls are completely different.  One who cared too easily with a big, warm heart and the other who doesn’t care for anyone, but herself with no soul and morals. 

            Sehun blinked slowly at his realization and frowned.

            “Minah, where are you?” he asked, out loud.

            A soft cold, winter breeze blew over his face.  That was his only answer.  As he thought about his arranged fiancée, the strange and warm feelings from last night took over his heart and body.

            These aren’t regular feelings…, thought Sehun, as he pulled out his phone. 

            He sent probably 100s of texts already. He had already called Minah over 50 times already, but her phone was off.  She didn’t want to be found, but he’s going to make sure she would be.

            “Hey!” responded Kai, on the other end.  He was, obviously, excited to hear from Sehun.

            “Hey Jongin…” said Sehun.  He only uses Kai’s real name in times of emergencies.

            “What’s wrong?” he asked, worried and serious.

            “M-Minah’s gone.” choked Sehun.

            “What?!” asked Kai, shocked.

            “She’s gone!” repeated Sehun.  “I woke up this morning and she’s gone!  Everything she brought with her was gone!!  I…  I would like it if you and Tao could help me by checking out Myeongdong, just in case she’s hanging out there.  She can’t go far…  As far as I’m aware, she didn’t take a lot of money with her so she’s probably still in town.”

            “Of course.” replied Kai.  “Have you contacted Tao yet?”

            “No, I was hoping you could do so for me.” replied Sehun, feeling relieved.  He have help now.

            “Sure.” replied Kai.

            Sehun bid his friend goodbye and slipped his phone back into his pocket.  There is no way you’ll leave completely…  You care too much, he thought.

 

 


 

 

            Minah must have fallen asleep after eating ramen.  It was cold and she wanted something warm for breakfast, instead of the granola bar she grabbed from the Ohs kitchen.  She remembered she was sitting at a corner when she dozed off.  Thankfully she brought her warm plush throw and that had kept her warm the whole time.

            She woke up, lying on the ground.  She sat up and the small pillow she brought with her was under her head.  She blinked slowly as she looked around the empty room.  Her suitcase was in the same exact position as she had placed it. 

            Nothing was out of place, so why was she on the ground?  She doesn’t even remember trying to get her pillow.  Minah was going to slip out of her plush throw when she noticed the black jacket on top of it.  It was a wool, hooded pea coat; it was familiar as well.

            There’s no way Sehun-, thought Minah before he voiced his thoughts.

            “You’re awake.” he said, rather, excitedly.

            She looked up at him, shocked.  He was holding a bag of junk food and a cup of tea as he stood at the entrance of the bed room.  Minah didn’t know what to say as he walked over to her and sat down.  She noticed that all he was wearing was his sweater and waited until he set down the warm drink.  She threw the coat over his shoulders, not wanting him to be cold.

            “No, you need it more than me.” said Sehun, as he pulled it off.  He quickly pulled the jacket over her shoulders.

            “I’m stupid for coming back here, right?” asked Minah.  “If I wanted to leave for good, I should’ve-”

            “No!” interrupted Sehun, pulling her into a hug.  “It is the perfect place for you to come back to.”  Minah tried to pull away from the hug, but his hug only became tighter.  He inhaled deeply and added, “I’m sorry, Minah.”

            “Sehun, you said you hate me…” she breathed, as she stared at the ceiling.

            “I used to…  I think now is a different story.” he corrected.  “Besides, that was before I knew you!  I didn’t know you that well before…”

             Minah let out a sigh of frustration and tried to push him away.  She had little luck with that.  “What does that even mean, Sehun?!” she asked, getting angry.  “You said that you hate me and then now it’s apparently different!!”  She started to hit his chest lightly to annoy him and in hopes that he would let her go.  “You’re so confusing!!”

            Sehun let her go and grabbed her small fists.  “It’s because I am confused!” he breathed into her face.

            “What do you mean?” she asked.

            “I-I don’t know…” replied Sehun, as he let go of her hands.  “I’ll let you know when I know…  Everything is complicated.”  Sehun became quiet as he handed her the cup of tea.  He watched as she took a sip.  “You had no idea how worried and…”

            Minah glanced up as she noticed how Sehun paused.  He swallowed hard and his Adam’s apple bobbed up and down.  “And what?” she asked.

            Sehun shook his head.  “You had no idea how worried I was.” he continued.  “Well, everyone was worried…  Grandpa Kim was so happy when I told him where you were.  I looked for you everywhere.  I even asked the guys to help…”  He paused and swallowed hard again.  “I missed you.”

            Minah flashed him a look.  “I really did!” said Sehun.  Then, he smiled.  “I’m so glad I was able to find you.  It was…  Heartbreaking to know that you just left, Minah.”

            “You don’t know what you’re saying…” she said.

            “You think that I’m lying, right?” asked Sehun, with a bright smile.  “No, it’s all true.”

            Minah couldn’t help it but blush.  Sehun didn’t catch that as he closed the space between them and kissed her forehead.

            “Minah, do you have a fever?” he asked, innocently.  “Why is your forehead burning up?”

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            You don’t know how much you care about someone until they leave….  ^^  Minah made the right choice.  LOL

LOVE,

loveFORyunho