want some ice cream?

When Trouble Walked In [Hiatus]

 

 

            “This is really good!” exclaimed Minah, as she ate some of the ravioli she ordered.

            “You should try mine.” suggested Sehun.  Before she could reply, he quickly scooped some of his and placed the alfredo into her bowl.  “Try it~”

            She relunctantly ate it and nodded her head.  “This is really good too.” she commented.

            Sehun smiled.  “I’m glad that you like it.” he said, as he continued to eat his dish.

            “Here.” said Minah, giving him some of hers.  “You can try mine too.”

            He quickly tried hers and laughed.  “Yours is better.  It fits my taste more.” he nodded.

            “You can get it next time.” she said, as she ate.  Sehun didn’t say anything, but continued to smile.  “You said that your friend opened up this place?”

            “Yeah, he did.” answered Sehun.  “He wants to meet you.”

            “W-What?” asked Minah, surprised.

            Sehun laughed.  “Did I scare you?” he replied.  “Don’t worry.  It’s nothing big.  He just wants to know who you are.”

            “O-Oh.” said Minah, as she stopped eating.

            Sehun’s smile dropped and formed a small frown.  “I should have taken you somewhere else instead.” he said, full of regret.  “Now you’re uncomfortable about meeting my friend…  Sorry…  It wasn’t on purpose; the manager told him and now he’s on his way.”

            Minah became nervous, not wanting to meet Tao, Kai, or some other friend.  She didn’t want to be invovled with him personally; she just wanted him to leave, but he seemed to be oblivious.  There had to be another way to get rid of him.  All the sudden, she felt her phone vibrate and she glanced down at it.  It was a message from Jongsuk on Kakaotalk.

 

Jongsuk:  It’s late over here, but I really want to talk to you.  ^^  Are you at home yet?  I miss you.

 

Minah:  I’m busy right now, so I’ll have to talk to you later.  >_<

 

            “Your boyfriend?” asked his voice, making her jump.  She forgot he was there and watching her with his hawk eyes.  He let out a warm laugh as she dropped her smile.  “You’re so cute, Naeun.  I wished I had someone special like you.”

            Her lips quivered as she thought, You did.

            “He seems to be someone very special to you.” Sehun commented.

            She felt another vibrate and she looked down at it.

 

Jongsuk:  OK.  :D  I’ll be waiting.

 

            “He is.” said Minah, with a soft smile.  “I miss him a lot.”

            “If you two get married, are you going to move to America?” asked Sehun, he ate a forkful of his food.

            “Probably.” Minah responded.  Even if it wasn’t true, she wanted him to leave.   She finally decided to move on, but trouble walked back into her life again.  She wanted to go back to the days when it was just she and Jongsuk.  She only wanted Jongsuk in her life because he made her feel special and loved all at the same time.  The main feelings she remembered while being with Sehun was guilt, pain, and saddness.  It had been years since she went back to her memories of them together to truly remember how it was like to be with him when it was only them.  She rather not, knowing how painful everything with him truly was.  “I miss him a lot and I don’t really have anyone here in Korea anymore, so I would rather leave then live here.”

            “Where is your family?” asked Sehun, shocked.

            , I just blew my cover, thought Minah.  Doesn’t he think that I was born with a  silver spoon like him?

            “My parents died a few years ago in a car accident.” replied Minah.  It was true: both her parents died and Grandfather Kim raised her, but he died a few years ago after leaving the Oh residence.  So, she truly didn’t have any family in Korea.

            “I’m sorry.” said Sehun, with an unusual tone.

            “It’s OK.” responded Minah, with a small smile.

            “Is it OK if I visit you?” asked Sehun, with a smile.

            This guy is too persistant, thought Minah as she had an urge to roll her eyes. 

            “I don’t know about that.” she answered, honestly.  “My boyfriend will definitely say something.”

            “O-Oh, right.” said Sehun, probably having a reality check.  He wanted to say something, but paused.  “That’s unfortunate…  I would still like to be in your life even if you’re thousands of miles away.”

            It’s OK, thought Minah.  I don’t want you to.

            “Sehun.” laughed a fimliar voice as the person approached the table.

            The young man smiled, excitedly.  “Tao!” he said.  Then, he turned to Minah and then looked back at his friend.  “Naeun, this is my friend Tao and, Tao, this is my friend Naeun.”

            “Nice to meet you.” said the both, in unison as they glance at each other.

            Sehun let out a laugh.  “You must really like our new snack.” he said, pointing to Tao’s hand.  There was a plastic wrapper of a snack that Minah didn’t know what it was.  All she knew was that it was from Lotte.

            “It’s so good.” commented Tao, with laugh.  “I’m going to be fat if you continue to make snacks like these.”  Sehun laughed in response, as the friend turned to her.  “So…  You’re Kim Naeun.”

            She felt her heart race out of nervousness as he leaned a little closer to her.  It had been a long time since she had last seen him and he seemed to be more mature than before.  He still had the same, warm personality he used to have and she assumed that Kai must be indifferent with his personality as well.

            She smiled at him.  “Yes, I am.” she said.

            “You’re adorable,” smiled Tao.  “No wonder Sehun keeps on talking about you.”

            “What?” respond Minah, as she glanced back at him.  He quickly looked away and she turned back to Tao.  “What does he say?”

            “Oh…  I don’t know.” shrugs Tao, with a soft smile.  He stole a glance at Sehun.  “He likes to talk about-”

            “Naeun, how come you haven’t really touched your food?” interuptted Sehun.

            “Is it not good?” asked Tao, with a worried voice.

            “No, it is.” responded Minah.  “It’s just that Sehun and I were talking about a lot of things.  That’s all.”

            “As long as you like it then, I’m glad.” smiles Tao.  “I have a lot of things to do, so I’ll be leaving now.”  He turned to Minah.  “Naeun, it was really nice to meet you.  I hope to be seeing you around more.”

            “It was really nice to be able to meet you too.” she smiled.

            “Let’s hang out when I’m not so busy, Sehun.” suggested Tao.

            “Sure.” he responded.

            When Tao was out of earshot, Minah turned to Sehun.  “He knows that I have a boyfriend, right?” she asked, already assuming that he might had not told Tao the truth.

            “He does.” responded Sehun.  He glanced down at his plate and then back up at her.  “He’s just excited that I have a female companion.”

            “Oh, I see.” said Minah.

            “You shouldn’t be so alarmed.” said Sehun, with a small smile.  “It’s nothing serious.  They just want me to find someone I want to be with, that’s why they’re over excited.”

            Minah quickly changed the topic to something else, like his “siblings.”  She already knew that Sangchul married a Japanese woman and now had 2 kids but she wanted to avoid talking about herself.  She didn’t want to slip.    She quickly asked about his parents and more to keep his mind busy.  She didn’t want to talk about his past, only simple things here and there.

 

 

            “Would you like some ice cream?” asked Sehun, as they stepped out of the restaurant.

            There was a 7Eleven down the street and she didn’t really mind.  Since she was distracting him so much, they had forgotten about the dessert menu.  “Sure.” responded Minah, as her phone started to vibrate.  It was Jongsuk. 

            Sehun smiled.  “It’s OK.” he said.  “I’ll just grab whatever you want.”

            “Just get anything.  It’s fine since I’ll be staying here, anyways.” said Minah, before she answered her phone call.  “Hello?”

            “You must had been so busy today.” replied Jongsuk.

            “I was.” said Minah, as she watched Sehun crossed the street.  “I was correcting a few things here and there and looking over my lesson plan for next week.”

            “Don’t work too hard.” said Jongsuk, with a smile.  “You can work on it tomorrow, you know.”

             “But, I want to sleep in.” she countered.

            Jongsuk laughed.  “You seem to be so tired lately.” he commented.  “Is it that time of the month already?”

            Minah blushed.  He knew her body better than she did at times.  “Yeah…” she meekly answered.

            Jongsuk laughed again.  “Aigoo, my little Minah.” he said, softly.  “I miss you so much.”

            “I miss you too.” she said, with a soft smile.

            All the sudden, there was a loud screech at the corner of the street as a car came to a halt.  Then, there was a loud thud as if the driver hit a pedestrian causing Minah to look over.  Someone let out a loud scream from her side as the body of a man with a brown cardigan laid on the road in front of the car with a cracked windshield and bleeding profoundly.  Her heart started to race as a crowd started to form around the crime scene.  A few already pulled out their phone and started to call for help.

            “Minah!  Minah!  What happened?!” yelled Jongsuk.

            “Someone just got ran over.” she explained, into the phone.  “I have to go.  I’ll call you later.”

            “OK.” said Jongsuk.  “Stay safe.”

            Minah quickly hung up on him and made her way over.  Even though the walk must had been less than a minute, it felt like it was an eternity.  All she could hear was the sound of her heart drumming as some people covered their gaping mouths with their hands and screamed.  She was scared to approach the crowd, in case it really Sehun.  What if he really did die?  Would it be that much easier to forget him with him gone? 

            Minah could no longer see clearly as she stood behind the crowd.  Someone turned around to step away from the accident, only to bump into her and making the tears roll down her face.  She could see the head of the victim on the concrete just as she felt a strong hand on her shoulder and turning her around.  She attacked him with a bear hug as she let out a cry.  It was then that she gained back her sense of hearing as she cried into Sehun’s chest.  Many people were talking and she could hear a siren in the distance.

            She didn’t realize how tight the hug was until she tried to pull away from it.  He held her face with his big, warm hands and thumbed her tears away, like he used too.  She let out a soft cry, being reminded of what they used to have together.  Then, it hit her as they walked hand in hand towards his car.  She wasn’t the Naeun that she wanted to be, but the same old Minah she thought had died.  She had set herself up for failure after all.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            Hi, everyone!!!  ^^  Hope you enjoy this update!!!  :D

            Hmmm…  Everything seems to be getting interesting with this turn of events. 

LOVE,

loveFORyunho