the movies

When Trouble Walked In [Hiatus]

 

 

            Kai stared at the couple in front of him.  He smiled as he watched them hold hands, somewhat oblivious to the world around them.  Sehun had requested that they all hang out before the late night cramming for the big entrance exam next month.  Everyone will be busy and won’t be able to see each other for a while, so Kai and Tao agreed.  Little did they know that they were going to be the third wheel.  Kai and Tao were surprised at how quick Minah had changed Sehun.  They were expecting months before anything would happen between the two because Sehun was madly in love with Krystal.  But, it seemed like they were wrong.  Perhaps Sehun had never really loved Krystal to the extreme that they had thought he did and maybe Minah was quite the charmer. 

            Sehun and Minah quickly turned around to face Kai and Tao, who were following closely behind them.  They were smiling as their hands continued to hold each other’s hands.

            “Yah!” yelled Sehun, with a laugh.  “Why are you guys so slow today?”

            Kai smiled in return and shrugged.  “Oh, we’re just enjoying the skinship between you two.”

            They flashed him a look as they let go of each other’s hands.  They turned away from each other, awkwardly.  “Y-Yah!” said Sehun, with a weak voice.  “We’re here to hang out before cramming for the college entrance exam and all you two are doing is observing us?”

            Tao laughed.  “Barely.” he said.  “You two were the ones that left us behind.”

            “No, we didn’t.” started Sehun.

            “You two were walking really slow.” added Minah, with a nod.

            Kai rolled his eyes.  “Yeah, right.” he smirked.  “You two are just off in your own world.”

            “No, we’re not!” said the pair, in unison.

            “Good to know that things are going well between you two.” smiled Tao.

            “Oh, shut up!” voiced Sehun, getting flustered.

            “Don’t you two sleep in the same room?  Should we be expecting kids anytime soon?” smiled Kai.

            “NO!!!” yelled the pair.

            “Get your mind out of the gutter!” said Minah.  “All we ever do is study all night long!”

            Kai smiled.  “What happens after we take the entrance exam?  What are you guys going to do then?”

            They rolled their eyes.  “Let’s go watch the darn movie.”

            Kai chuckled as he glanced over at Tao.  Why are they pretending not to know anything?  The dark haired boy’s lips curled into a smile.  He shrugged his shoulders.  I don’t know.  Tao quickly walked over to Minah’s side and draped his arm over her shoulders, bringing her closer to him.

            “What movie do you want to watch Minah?” asked Tao.  He quickly glanced over at Sehun.  The boy was wearing an unreadable expression.  Tao knows that if Sehun likes a girl, he’ll definitely make sure everyone knows that she’s his for the take.

            “I thought that you guys already picked out a movie and bought tickets already.” Minah replied.

            “Didn’t Sehun tell you?  We’re watching a scary movie.” said Tao, with a pouty face.  “I wouldn’t want you to get scared now.”

            Minah smiled at him.  “Awww…  Tao, you’re so sweet!” she said.  “And, considerate.  Why don’t you sit next to me and hold me when I’m scared?”

            Kai was smiling like a maniac as he watched Sehun’s eye twitch slightly, which meant that he’s angry.  But, he was surprised when Sehun just turned away and continued to walk towards the theater, leaving everyone behind.  Usually, he would make a big fuss if any of them were to do that to Krystal…  In fact, he’d probably would have beaten the crap out of Tao if it was Krystal instead of Minah. 

            So, does that mean that Sehun doesn’t like Minah?, thought Kai. 

            He glanced over at Tao and the girl, as the 3 of them followed Sehun.  Tao’s arm was no longer draped over her shoulders, but they were walking close to each other as they talked about something.  Kai looked back at his friend’s back.

            Well, he’s a strange guy all the sudden, he thought.

 

 

            “Well, that was strange.” said Minah, blinking slowly.  She handed the boys the 2 trays of pop corn and soda. 

            Since the movie they were watching was a midnight premiere, the boys had decided to go early and wait in line for the best possible seats.  They were sitting right in the middle and neither of them, even Sehun, wanted to leave when Minah went to get the snacks.   She came back after a while, but seemed a bit bothered.

            “What happened?” asked Sehun, as she took the open seat next to him and Tao.

            “Some guy just asked me out…” she mumbled.

            “What?” asked Sehun, surprised.  “Why?”

            “Sehun, that’s rude!” said Kai.

            “You don’t just ask someone why a person would want to go out with them!” added Tao.

            “I didn’t mean it in that way.” defended Sehun, as he watched Minah turned away from him and to Tao.  “I really didn’t!  Sorry!”

            “I don’t understand myself why too.” shrugged Minah, as she turned back to face him.  She ate a piece of Tao’s popcorn.    “It was random and weird, but he was really cute, with a really bright smile, and had nice long legs…”

            Sehun stared at her for 10 seconds, silently, before saying anything.  “What did you say?” he asked, slowly.

            “I-I didn’t really know what to say.” replied Minah.  Even under the dim lights of the theater room, the boys could tell that she was blushing.

            “Well, you said something for sure.” continued Sehun.  “What did you say?”

            “N-No, because I didn’t really know him.” answered Minah.  “But, we traded Kakao Talk usernames because he insisted.”

            “What?  Why would you do that?!” asked Sehun, with a disapproving voice.  “You shouldn’t-”

            “Well, the guy said that he knows you!  So, I just gave in…” interrupted Minah.

            “Oh, really?  What’s his name then, Minah?” asked Sehun, angry.

            “Lee Jongsuk.” she replied.

            Minah could hear Tao swallowed hard behind her and saw Kai’s face ashen.  She looked at Sehun and his eyes went cold and glassy, completely different from the lively eyes he had a second before.  She didn’t know what was going on.

            “D-Do you know him?” she asked.  Sehun had to know the guy if they were acting like this.

            “Don’t talk to him.” pleaded Sehun, as he grabbed her hand and held it in his.  He swallowed hard as he rubbed warm circles over her knuckles.  “Try to change your username or something.  He’s not a good guy…  That bastard will only try to the life out of you.”

            Unsure of his relationship with this Lee Jongsuk guy, Minah just nodded her head.  Whoever he was, it was obvious that Sehun hated his guts.  She knew that if she wanted to stay on his good side, then she’ll have to do what he says. 

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            Hope you guys enjoyed it!  I know…  Random again…  Not much consistency, but I had a writer’s block and this was the first thing I could think of.  LOL

            Lee Jongsuk?  Hmmm…  Wonder who he is…  ;)  And, is Sehun even trying to keep his promise to Minah?  “I’ll let you go when someone returns those feelings for you.”

LOVE,

loveFORyunho