graduation

When Trouble Walked In [Hiatus]

 

 

            Minah quickly finished her business at the toilet and flushed it.  She was about to leave the stall when she heard other girls start talking. 

            “Did you hear?” asked a voice.  “Kim Minah, the Nerd, and Oh Sehun, the Silent One, is going to get married soon.”

            Another girl laughed, loudly.  “No way!” she said.  “He’s pretty hot, if you look beyond all the faces and glaring he throws.  And, it looks like she lost some weight for him, to look good with him or something.”

            “Right?” laughing the other girl.  “Well, he’s hot so she has to look hot too.  Then, he’s rich too.  She obviously hit jackpot just by opening her legs to him.  If I knew that, I would’ve tried to get him before her.”

            “Yeah, you should’ve.” agreed the friend.  They started to laugh loudly.

            Minah just rolled her eyes and opened the door to the stall, making them stop.  The girls were younger than her, unfortunately.  They quickly bowed and left, trying to escape from Minah's burning gaze.  As soon as they pulled open the door, they started to giggle, but stopped half way.  They walked out in silence.  If they wanted to talk , they could at least wait until after she graduated.  She shook her head as she washed her hands.  She quickly walked out the bathroom, feeling upset of that stupid rumor Sehun started.

            “Hey.” said his voice, startling her.

            “What?” she blinked, after collecting herself.

            He flashed a boyish, cute smile and making her melt under his gentle stare.  His eyebrows quickly knotted when he saw a better look of her face.  “Are you OK?” he asked, worried.  He quickly stepped up to her, closing the space between them and cupped her face.

            Instantly, she stopped him and his smile dropped.  “It’s OK.” she said.

             “Was it those girls?” asked Sehun.

            So, that’s why they stopped laughing, thought Minah.  Because of Sehun.

            She looked into his eyes.  “It’s nothing.” she replies. 

            Sehun didn’t persist and left it at that.  He took her hand in his and they went back to their classroom where all the energy was building up.  They’ll be graduating today and Minah knew that she shouldn’t let something like earlier take her mood down.  The majority of everyone will be going to different colleges.  The top 20% of their class was heading to the top 3 schools: Seoul National, Yonsei, and Korea University.  Both Sehun and Minah were heading to Yonsei for their college careers.

            Just as they entered the classroom, their homeroom teacher, Teacher Jung, was passing out their yearbooks.  Minah quickly opened hers, which was sitting on her desk.  She flipped around the yearbook, gazing at everyone’s picture.  She saw hers and she liked it.  For once and for all, she liked how she looks like in pictures.  The makeup had enhanced her looks instead of making her look fake. 

            She saw Sehun’s photo, making her laugh.  His face was so serious with his slightly messy and wavy hair.  Yes, he was handsome, but…  Minah had forgotten how he used to be now that he smiled so much around her.  She quickly puts a tab on the page he was on and went on.

            The kingka was handsome, as always, but Minah personally felt that her Sehun looked better.  Instantly, she realized that she had become biased.  Her cheeks flushed as she think about their blooming relationship.

            She bit her bottom lip as she continues to flip through the book.  She kept on thinking about Sehun’s handsome face and wasn’t ashamed of it.  They both have mutual feelings towards each other, making her heart flutter.  And, for the first time, Minah had felt what it’s like to be loved and cared for by a guy she sincerely had feelings for, like other teenager.  She looked over her shoulders at her fiancé and he was busy looking over the pictures. 

            Minah smiled and turned back to the yearbook.  She went back to the tab and stared intently at his lovely face until her mind went back to a something that has been on her mind for a while.  That made most of her excitement and happiness went down the drain.

            I wonder how Sehun will react when I tell him..., she thought.  Her eyes became watery.  I hope he doesn’t become mad at me.

 

 

            Minah smiled as she went up to accept the principal’s medallion for being a good citizen on campus and a great student before the diplomas were passed out.  The award was only given to bright, outstanding students that have been nominated by teachers.  Dongho had just finished an amazing speech about their years ahead of them after high school: bright, full of the ups and down of life, but it will be promising.   She thought that he was going to get the award because he’s the class president for their class and all teachers and students like him.  She didn’t expect someone like her to get it all.  She had thought that she had been at the school in other people’s shadows, going unnoticed and unseen.

            In the audience, Minah could see Sehun’s bright grin and she could have sworn that she heard his laugh being the loudest.  He was clapping for her, congratulating her like the rest of the school.  Her smile grew wider when he flashed her a thumbs up and the cameras went off, blinding her.  She almost couldn’t find her way down and had to do so slowly.  The diplomas were given out in a swift manner and before she knew it, the graduation had finished.

            “You really deserved that award!” shouted Dongho, over the loud talking that took over the auditorium after the graduation ended.

            “I thought that you deserved it!” laughed Minah.

            Dongho shook his head.  “Nah, you did more than me!” he said, as he patted her on the shoulder.

            She was bidding classmates goodbye when she felt someone poke her back.  She turned to look.  Sehun was still wearing his bright grin, which was unusual because he never smiles in front of their classmates.  In his hands were many small bouquets of flowers with notes attached to them.  Minah smiled, questioningly.  He quickly opened his arms, gesturing that he wanted a hug.  She went into it and he let out a loud laugh, with a quick hug.  Obviously, he didn’t want the hug to be too long because he knows that parents were staring and wanted to keep a good image in front of them.

            They found the family after they bid other classmates their last goodbyes.  The couple took their last pictures in their school uniforms and at the school with their family, knowing that they will never return.  They left the school, hands in hands, and trailing behind the elders.

            A few parents were whispering behind their backs, knowing that the couple was getting married from their kids.  Some were giving them looks, as if they were dirty trash.  But that didn’t matter because they don’t know the real reason why they were getting married.  And they didn’t know that the two of them were in love with each other.

 

 

            “So, who is Donho?” asked Mrs. Oh.

            “Dongho?” asked Minah.  “Oh…  He’s a classmate.  The class president of my class.”

            Mrs. Oh nodded her head.  “You two seem pretty close.” she commented. 

            “They’re really not that close.” said Sehun, too quickly.

            Mrs. Oh shot him a look.  She raised an eyebrow, as if knowing something.  The family was at an expensive restaurant in the Lotte department store.  They had already ordered their food and was waiting.

            “I’ve met him before, outside of their high school.” commented Grandpa Kim.  “He’s a kind young man.”  Sehun looked back at Grandpa Kim.  His expression surprised Minah.  He looked hurt and worried, for some reason.  “Don’t worry.  I know you are the perfect fit for Minah.”

            Mr. Oh laughed.  “Were you worried about losing your future wife there, Sehun?” he asked.  “It doesn’t seem like Minah is even interested, right?”  He turned to face her.

            “Dongho is just a classmate.” she smiled.

            Mr. Oh laughed out loud as he patted his son on the shoulder.  “I was right after all.” he said.  “There is nothing to worry about.  You two are young, but you both seem to love and care for each other.  As long as you give each other enough room to grow, then everything will turn out fine.”

            The wedding was only 10 days away.  It will be small, but luxurious.  The wedding dress had been fitted and is ready along with the suit.  Everything had been taken care of by the Oh parents.

            “And, that reminds me…” started Mrs. Oh, as she grabbed the young pair’s attention.  “Sehun, I know that you are ready to seed Minah any day now, but please use protection when your wedding night comes.”

            “Mom!” he complained, blushing.  “You make it seem like I haven’t heard of your yearly talk about the birds and the bees!”

            The elders laughed.  “Don’t act like we don’t know.” said Grandpa Kim, sternly, making Minah’s face ashen.

            “Don’t be rough on her, Sehun, she’s still a .” added Mr. Oh, softly. 

            “Oh my God!!” said Sehun, burying his face in his hands.  His face was red, either from actual embarrassment or frustration, Minah wasn’t sure.  “We’re supposed to be here to congratulate Minah and I for graduating from high school and here we are talking about !”

            “Sweetie, we are a very open family.” smiles Mrs. Oh.  “Of course we’re going to have this talk regardless.”

            “And, it is only necessary considering the fact that you two are going to get married.” continued Mr. Oh.

            “In addition to all of this, I would like to tell you youngsters that you should wait.” said Grandpa Kim.  “Wait until you two are ready to have children.  I know that you two are young, but I don’t want you two to have children right away.”

            Minah nodded her head, trying not to cry or show any other emotion.  If you all only knew the truth to it all, she thought, feeling bad.

 

 

            Sehun let out a long sigh as he closed the bedroom door behind him.  Minah could hear him lock the door.  She turned to look at him as he loosens the tie around his neck.  He glances at her and smiles a small smile.

            “Well, that was some dinner.” he commented, heading to the closet.  “Most about and how I should be gentle with you…”  He let out a soft chuckle.  “If only they knew…”

            Minah didn’t respond, as she prepared herself.  She stared at the ground.

            “Minah?” asked Sehun.  His voice sounded distant and far away.

            “I think I might be pregnant.” she said.  “My period is 10 days late.”

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            BOOM!!!!  She might be pregnant!  Damn, Sehun.  You’re a baby making machine or something…  LOL

            Hope you all enjoyed this!!!  ^^

LOVE,

loveFORyunho