here to stay

When Trouble Walked In [Hiatus]

 

 

            Minah whimpered as she tried to eat some rice and Sehun glared at her across the table, so she quickly stopped.  Mr. and Mrs. Oh were too excited to have her over that they didn’t notice the tension between the two youngsters.

            “Minah, did Sehun tell you that he’’s your fiancé?” asked Mr. Oh.  “Is that why you’re here?  To visit your future family?”

            She nodded her head slowly.  “Y-Yes, he did.” she responded.  “But, what happened to Sangchul Oppa?”

            “Sehun didn’t say anything to you about that?” asked Mrs. Oh.  She shook her head.  “It’s OK.  It’s something to be discussed about later, anyways.”

            “Does my grandpa know about that?” asked Minah.

            Mr. Oh smiled at her.  “Yes, he does.” he said.  “It has only been recently when Sehun became your fiancé.”  Minah nodded, absorbing the information.  “That was why I pulled him out of SM Academy and transferred him to Lim High School.  It was so then you two would meet each other and be on good terms before you two get married in February as planned.”

            She didn’t say anything as she nodded her head.  No one said anything to her…  If Grandpa Kim would have told her something, then things wouldn’t be this way.  In a way, she felt betrayed.  She had thought all along that she was going to marry Sangchul when she graduate from high school, but now her future husband is going to be his younger brother?  It’s not fair.  She had fallen for Sangchul ever since she could remember and would fantasize about their married life endlessly…  But, now…  It has changed because he never felt the same for her. 

            No one said anything to her.

            If Sangchul was going to leave, why didn’t he even have the guts to tell her so?  Was she that undesirable?

            “Minah, if you’re here, then that means that you and Sehun are on good terms, right?” asked Mrs. Oh.

            She forced herself to smile.  “Of course.” she answered. 

            “Has he been treating you well?” asked Mr. Oh.

            Minah turned to Sehun.  He was staring at her with an unexplainable expression.  “Yes, he treats me well with kindness and care.” she lied. 

            She knew that neither of them wanted to be stuck in this arranged marriage…  If she can’t marry Sangchul, then she wouldn’t want to marry his younger brother.  And, until she can get out of this predicament, she will tell his parents and her grandpa the white lies they want to hear.

            “That’s great to hear!!” laughed Mr. Oh.

            “Minah, since you’re here, why don’t you stay?” asked Mrs. Oh, excited.

            “Stay?” she asked, confused as she turned to look at her future father-in-law.

            “He means for you to stay for the night.” replied Sehun, trying not to say it with an attitude.

            “Actually, no.” corrected Mr. Oh.

            “What do you mean?” asked Sehun.  His tone was laced with animosity and Minah could tell that what Mr. Oh had suggested might get ugly.

            “Your mother and I had quickly discussed earlier before she came to get you two upstairs that…  It is best that since you and Minah are on good terms, she might as well start living with us from now on.”

            “Why-” started Sehun, but his mother cut him off.

            “It’s probably better off this way considering the facts that you two have barely started to interact with each other and then both of you will get married in February.” reminded Mrs. Oh.

            Horrified, Minah thought out loud.  “W-What about my grandpa?  Shouldn’t we discuss this with him first?” she asked.

            Mr. and Mrs. Oh smiled.  “Of course.” they replied, in unison.

            “He thought the idea was brilliant.” laughed Mrs. Oh.

            “In fact, Grandfather Kim will start moving here on Saturday if Minah agrees.” added Mr. Oh.

            The blood from Minah’s face drained as her head started to spin.  Are we really going to leave so suddenly because I came to the Oh’s place?, she thought. It’s a misunderstanding…  I simply came here to ask Sehun to tell everyone at school the truth.

            She knew that even if Mr. and Mrs. Oh did know about the lie that Sehun had told, they would probably just laugh it off…  Like the carefree parents that they are because the both of them are going to get married anyways.  Why should it matter if they started to do those types of things anyways?  They’re going to do it on their marriage bed regardless according to what the parents will assume…

            “Would you like to stay with us forever, Minah?” asked Mrs. Oh, with a happy smile.  Her warm, gentle, and motherly voice pulled the girl out of her thoughts as she looks over at her.

            Even if Minah did want to say no, she couldn’t bring herself to.  The Oh family had done so much for her and Grandpa Kim ever since her parents passed away when she was 6.  They help pay for her schooling fees and help pick up the rent when Grandpa Kim’s food stall wasn’t doing well.  They were always looking out for the best for them…  And, the best way to repay them back is to become their daughter-in-law and be by their son’s side, no matter how cynical he may be.

            “Of course…” replied Minah, regretting the words that slipped her lips.

            My family and I will forever be in debt to your family if I do not do this, she thought.

            Mr. and Mrs. Oh screamed out loud excitedly and that startled Minah.  She has met them many times before, but didn’t know that they would actually react to her answer like that.  After giving them a look of shock, she glanced across the table to meet Sehun’s gaze.

            It was obvious that his blood was boiling as he glared at her.  She knew that if he could get away with it, he would murder her right there on the spot.  The hatred was so obvious in his blazing eyes…

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            I hope you guys enjoyed this quick update!!!  :D

            Yay….  Sehun and Minah are going to live together….  ^^  That’ll be fun.

LOVE,

loveFORyunho