jongsuk, a friend or a foe?

When Trouble Walked In [Hiatus]

 

 

            Minah swallowed hard, as she quickly glanced back and forth between him and Sehun.  Her husband looked furious as a vein popped on his neck.  His grip on her shoulder becomes firm as he pulled her closer to his body.  Sehun smiled back, in the most civilized way she had ever seen him do with Jongsuk.

            “Hello, Jongsuk-sshi.” replied Sehun, using formal Korean.  “How are you?”

            “I’m good.” he replied, still using the informal Korean from earlier.  “Glad to see that you 2 are doing well.  How was the wedding?”

            “It was really good.  It was even better considering the fact that you weren’t able to make it.” nodded Sehun.

            Jongsuk let out a laugh, as the line moved.  “Well, I was busy with my internship with Samsung.” he explained.  “The company sent me to a conference in Singapore to present the project I was working with.”  Then, he leaned forward and gave Sehun a pat on the shoulder.  “I saw you and Minah, looking very sweet.  It seemed like you two had a good time.”

            Sehun continued to smile as the tension in the air rose.  “We did.” he said, with a nod.

            “That’s good to know.” laughed Jongsuk. 

            He looked away and let out a breath.  It seemed like he was about to say something more when someone said hi to him and he started a side conversation.  It was a good thing that Jongsuk stopped talking to them because Sehun became less tense, making the atmosphere lighter.  After the four of them got their food, they sat down.  Sehun took a long stare at Minah before he touched his food as his friends hungrily dug in.

            “What?” she asked, as she patted his hand.  “Is something wrong?”

            Sehun smiled and shook his head.  He quickly picked up his eating utensils and started to eat.  Even though he didn’t say it, Minah knows that something is on his mind.  His friends knew that too that’s why they were unusually quiet during all of lunch.

            Well, thought Minah.  I’m sure he’ll tell me later.

 

 

            “So, how is the university life treating you so far?” asks the person that took the seat next to Minah.

            They were in the library, sitting by the windows that look out onto a lawn of lush green grass.  Minah didn’t have a class until 3 PM, meanwhile the three guys have classes at 1:15.  She looked to her side and blinked at Jongsuk.

            “It’s OK.” she replied.

            Jongsuk smiled.  “Sehun’s being good now.” he commented.  “I’m glad.”

            “I was surprised myself.” said Minah.  “He’s always so frustrated and hurt around you.”

            Jongsuk nodded his head and then silence fell over them, which Minah thought was strange.  He seemed different, in a way.  “He’s finally letting go of that girl.” said Jongsuk.  “All because you make him happy.  I’m glad that he was able to overcome all of that pain and hatred that Sangchul and that girl left him with.”

            Minah’s face flared up and she swallowed hard.  “Well, it’s not completely because of me.” she said.  “I’m sure Sehun would forget about her, eventually.  It seemed like he was trying to move on when he forced his way into my life months ago.”

            “True.” nodded Jongsuk.  “But, he wasn’t really getting anywhere from what my dad said…  He was mainly sulking and lifeless.”

            “Since I don’t ever remember him from any of the events with the Oh family, I honestly I didn’t know who he was when he first came to my school…  All I remember is that he was very quiet and gave everyone, except for our teachers, the cold shoulder.  No one really liked him because he was so distant.  We knew that he didn’t want to be transferred there, but for what reason we didn’t know either.” admitted Minah. 

            “It wasn’t love at first sight then?” teased Jongsuk, with a warm chuckle.

            Minah shook her head.  She knew that it was a dangerous thing to be talking to Jongsuk like that, but when would it ever be a good time to catch Kai or Tao by themselves?  The three of them were always together.  They are even the majoring the same thing with the same core classes.  She wanted to know more about the past that Sehun briefly talked about.  She wanted to know more of this Krystal, not from Sehun’s or his friend’s point of view, but from someone who was on the outside looking in like Jongsuk.  The older boy seemed like he was an honest person from the last time they talked about her arranged marriage with Sehun.

            “He hated me for ruining his life.” explained Minah.

            “He loves you more for saving him.” said Jongsuk, with so much positivity.

            Minah found it strange how this guy is so positive with Sehun hating every bit of him.  She stared at him as he became quiet.  There were one or two students around, but besides that the library was empty.  It was the first day of classes after all.

            “I heard that you are majoring in Liberal Studies from my dad.” explained Jongsuk, after some time of silence.  “Are you planning on becoming a teacher?”

            Minah smiled.  “Yeah.”

            “What grade?” he asked.

            “I think pre-school.” she replied.

            “That will be so cute.” laughed Jongsuk.

            “Sehun said the same thing too.” smiled Minah.

            “They will love you.” said Jongsuk.

            “I hope so.” nodded Minah.  Then, silence fell over them again.  “I’ve wanted to ask Sehun or Tao or Kai this….  But, I didn’t want a biased description so I was wondering if I could ask you about Krystal.  Who was she?  What was she like?”

            “You fell for Sehun, didn’t you?” replied Jongsuk.  Minah stayed silent as she blushed.  “It’s OK.  It’s completely normal for you to want to know who she was or is…  As you wanted, I’ll tell you about her from an observer’s perspective.  It won’t be biased, I promise.  I’ve known her long enough to know that I’m not biased because other people say the same things.”  Then, he let out a long breath.  “With looks, Krystal is a natural beauty.  She doesn’t need a lot of makeup to look good.  Even when she’s wearing simple things, she glows…  Perhaps that was what that Sehun liked about her the most because she stands out in the most interesting way.”  Minah nodded her head, soaking up what he had to say.  “She’s not a bad person, but that doesn’t mean that she has a warm personality either.  She can be demanding to people, but to her family it’s nothing.  She likes attention, being the youngest in her family, and is quite aggressive.  Krystal is straightforward and likes things her way, but so does Sehun at certain times.  They try to dominate each other and it seems like this is what he likes about her too because it’s different for him.  He likes a girl that challenges him and Krystal is exactly that girl.” 

            “So, are you saying that Sehun doesn’t like me?” asked Minah, with a heavy heart. 

            Jongsuk looked straight into Minah’s eyes.  “You’re too kind, loving, gentle, and, maybe, too easy for him.” he answered.  “If anything, he might get bored of you…  Then, that’s when the relationship ends.”

 

 

            Minah smiled as her hand intertwined with Sehun’s as they headed upstairs.  She had to force it or she would be frowning and she didn’t want him to start questioning her.  At the back of Minah’s mind she was thinking about what Jongsuk had told her. ‘All of his relationships prior to Krystal were less than 4 months, but his relationship with her lasted 2 years.  Those girls before her were submissive and…  Pretty much like you.’

            “I know that there was something on your mind earlier when we sat down in the cafeteria.” said Minah, trying to take her mind off of negative things.

            Sehun didn’t say anything as he kept silent so she just assumed that he didn’t want to talk to her.  She brushed off his quietness as her mind traveled back to Krystal.  Jongsuk said that she was a natural beauty and that made Minah wonder how the girl looked like.  For the many months that she had lived at the Oh Manor, she had seen nothing of that girl.  Sehun must have destroyed all his memories of her.

            “I don’t want to lose you.” he said, suddenly.

            “What?” asked Minah, confused, as they entered the room no longer hand in hand.

            “Earlier today at the cafeteria when we sat down to eat, I was thinking about how I don’t want to lose you.” clarified Sehun.

            I’m more worried about losing you, responded Minah.  “Who are you going to lose me to?” she asked.

            “I don’t know.” he respond.  “Anyone.”

            “No one is going to take me away from you, Sehun.” stated Minah.

            The boy let out a sigh.  “You’d never know.” he said.  “It can happen in a flash.”

            And, you can be bored of me in a second as well, thought Minah.  “Well, why do you like me?”

            Sehun grinned and leaned down to kiss her forehead.  “It’s because you’re gentle, kind, and loving.” he whispered, against her temple as he pulled her into a hug.

            All the sudden Minah remembered something that Jongsuk said before he left. ‘But, don’t worry so much.  Sehun seems to really adore you.’  She wrapped her arms tightly around his waist as she started to feel her eyes burn. 

            Please don’t ever get bored of me, Oh Sehun, she thought.  Please stay with me forever because I think I’m falling for you.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            I hope you guys enjoy this!!!  ^^

 

            To all the people that was asking who “Sooyun” is…  Well, first of all, SORRY about the confusion.  And, second, “Sooyun” is the lead of the OTHER fanfic that I am currently writing right now.  This story has 47 chapters as of right now and because I tend to write these two stories together, it’s only natural that I would get Minah and her name mixed up with each other.  It just happened to be that I was dead tired when I posted up the chapter at 1 AM.  I reread it a few times and didn’t catch the mistake because I forgot.  Sorry about that.

LOVE,

loveFORyunho