in many ways

When Trouble Walked In [Hiatus]

 

 

                “What do you want to eat?”

                The sound of his voice brought her back to reality while she was reflecting on the last 10 years she spent with Jongsuk.  “Minah.”  She had always liked the way her name rolled off his tongue.  It sounded gentle and warm.  Maybe that was how she fell in love with him in the first place.  She glanced at him and tried not to stare at the bruise on his left eye. 

                “It’s not that bad.” reassured Sehun.  He tried to mask the severity of the punch with a crooked smile, but failed miserably.

                Minah reached out and touched his face.  His skin was still just as soft as it used to be.  “Just admit that it hurts at lot.” she stated.

                Sehun took the opportunity and held onto it gently.  She quickly pulled away, not wanting to let his warmth set in.  He wore a little pout, but she ignored it.

                “Don’t worry.” replied Sehun, with a soft smile.  He scooted closer to her, warming up the right side of her body.  “You must be hungry…  I don’t have anything in the fridge so why don’t we just get takeout?”

                Minah didn’t respond as he sat there waiting and watching her.  She scooted a few centimeters away, feeling uncomfortable with his burning body beside her.  “I’m not hungry, Sehun.” she finally answered.

                He blinked slowly.  “Don’t say that.  Even if you don’t feel it, your body still needs food.”  Before she could say anything else, Sehun quickly pulled out his phone and ordered two dinner sets.

                Minad didn’t say much to him as they waited for the food to arrive.  If anything, Sehun was the one that talked the most.  Apparently, Kai was now happily married and would be expecting his first child soon.  Tao finally started to date after so many years and was, not surprisingly, popular with the women.  Sehun just kept talking, not questioning anything about her last 10 years away with Jongsuk.  In a way, it seemed like that was something he wanted to avoid. 

                Minah glanced around the apartment when Sehun got up to get the food at the door.  Even as a grown man, his taste in interior design was still similar to 10 years ago: simple, yet stylish.  In the back of her mind, she wondered if he has changed at all.  He was still playful, but less bitter about the world.  Did he at least try to move on?  Was he a stupid fool who tried to hold onto the past this whole time?  She kept on looking for signs of change when a picture frame caught her eyes, causing her to get up and walk over to it. 

                The frame consisted of four photos of Sehun and a woman she had never seen before.  She was beautiful in every single way with a bright smile and twinkling eyes with an arm around Sehun’s waist.  Her kiss on his cheek answered Minah’s question about who the woman was: his girlfriend

                “That’s my ex-girlfriend.” explained Sehun, saying softly into her ear, as she felt him reach from behind her to grab the frame.  He came to her side and she turned to face him, watching him frown at the photos.  He looked upset for no reason, making her wonder why.  “We dated for 2 years and then I broke it off with her.  Mom and Dad liked her and all….  But, I just couldn’t love her the same way as I love you.”

                “How can you not love her?” asked Minah.  “She seemed really nice and fitting for you.”

                “Fitting?” asked Sehun, as he glanced at her and their eyes met.

                Usually, she would pull her eyes away, not wanting the eye contact but tonight was different.  “Of course.” she said, as she held his gaze.  “She’s really pretty.  You two look like a match made in heaven.”

                “You’re pretty too, Minah.” he said and she rolled her eyes at him.  “What?  IT’S TRUE!  You’re pretty in your own way.  Sure, her face is pretty but her personality was a boring, OK?!  I LOVE YOU, NOT BECAUSE OF YOUR FACE BUT BECAUSE YOU ARE YOU!!”  Minah blinked at his passionate explanation, unsure of what to say or how to respond.  He started to blush profoundly and turned back placed the picture frame back in its original spot, letting his back face her.  “The only reason why I still kept this frame and these pictures is because I wanted to remind myself from time to time to try harder to look for you.  I knew deep in my heart that the only other person I could really be with is you.”

                “Why do you still love me, Sehun?” she finally asked, as she stared at the back of his head.

                He didn’t respond as he looked over his shoulder and then turned to face her again.  He let out a long breath as he took her hand in his.  “I don’t know.” he answered.  “All I know is that I continue to love you more and more as the years passed by.”

                “What if you realize that you don’t want to be with me anymore when we are together?” she continued to ask.  “What if you fell in love with another woman because she’s better, prettier, and-”

                Sehun’s lips brushed over hers, silencing her.  Minah started to hate how she responded immediately to his touch by parting her lips open, but she was quickly physically engulfed with a warm soft, wet kiss.  His lips were warm, soft, wet, and familiar.  She kissed, , and battled a tongue war with her ex-husband until she felt her back touched the soft, plush feel of a mattress.  Her lips formed a small frown as her mind started to wonder causing her to pull away from the kiss with a soft cry.

                “Sweetie, what’s wrong?” called out Sehun, as he cupped her face.  He was hovering over her with a worried face as he tried to catch his breath.

                Minah let out another soft cry.  “Jongsuk…” she whispered, with a gasp.  “I don’t want to hurt Jongsuk like how you hurted me.”

                An unreadable look crossed Sehun’s face as he pulled his hands away from her.  “I’m sorry.” he said, sitting up.  “I really am.”

                A long silence fell over them as Minah continued to cry.  She felt bad that she couldn’t fully return Jongsuk’s feelings to him and, yet, she was kissing Sehun like nothing.  It wasn’t fair.  There she was, being a stupid fool trying to hold onto the past and present at the same time. 

                “Here.” said Sehun, pulling her out of her thoughts once again.  He quickly placed a plastic spoon in her right hand and a plastic bowl of rice in the other.  “Eat.  The food is getting cold.”

                Minah shook her head as she dried her tears with the back of her hand, making Sehun frown.  He looked upset but, most of all, sad.  “Starving isn’t going to help anything.  If Jongsuk was here, he would want you to eat too.”

                So, she ate but she tasted nothing.  She was completely overridden with guilt as she thought of the time when Jongsuk helped her leave.  He was the one that supported her emotionally and financially throughout the rest of her university career.  Without him, she would have never made it since Grandpa Kim refused to speak to her after joining a Buddhist monastery.  It wasn’t until years later when he finally let her meet him and explained that he was ashamed of ruining her young life by forcing her into marry the Oh family. 

                Minah tried to get a job to help out Jongsuk with the bills, but he wouldn’t let her.  All he wanted her to do was focus on her studies and she did.  She graduated from a small university at the top of her class to make him proud.  Because of all of his support and care, she felt it was only natural to say yes when Jongsuk asked if they could be more than friends.  Even though her feelings for him was only half of what she felt for Sehun, she did care and love him in many ways.

                “See?  You were hungry after all.” stated Sehun, causing her to look up.  He let out a small laugh as he picked a grain of rice off of the corner of lips and ate it.  “Aigoo, you’re so cute.” He carefully pulled the plastic take out tray from her hands and stuffed it in a plastic bag.  Minah quickly helped him pick up other things like napkins and bits of rice off of Sehun’s bed.  They ended up eating on his bed and thankfully nothing spilled.   “You must be tired.”

                Minah blinked, trying to keep her eyes open.  “Yeah…” she replied, softly. 

                Sehun lightly dropped the garbage bag on the ground and walked over to his closet.  He pulled out a few items and a thick, fluffy towel.  “Here.” he said, handing it to her.  “Go shower and I’ll clean up the rest.”

                Minah didn’t feel like arguing with him so she got up and headed to the bathroom.  She didn’t shower because she didn’t feel like it.  Instead, she just changed into the t-shirt and pair of sweat pants he gave her.  She glanced in the mirror when she was done, feeling self-conscious about how she looked like.  When she was with Sehun 10 years ago, she was much thinner and it was a different story now.  She was much bigger with a rounder stomach and bigger s.  The thin cotton of his shirt did nothing, but emphasized how bad her body looked.  She stepped out of the bathroom, blushing, as she looked for Sehun.  She wanted to know where she was going to sleep.

                “Sehun.” she said, when she entered the kitchen after hearing some noise from there.

                He quickly turned to her with a “Hm?”  She could see his eyes trace her face and then they traveled up and down her body, making her uncomfortable.  Before she could ask her question, he suddenly turned away with a soft smile.

                Minah wasn’t sure what was going on and glanced down on her body to find the answer.  It seemed like her s were excited to see him or something because they were hard and pointing out of the thin shirt like no tomorrow.  Sehun cleared his throat, causing her to look up at him.  He looked embarrassed and happy all at once, making her want to snort.

                It’s not like he’s never seen me before or anything, thought Minah.  Why the hell is he acting like this?!

                “Where am I sleeping?” she asked.

                “With me, on my bed.” stated Sehun. 

                “Uh…  I don’t know about that.” replied Minah, worried.

                Sehun’s smile grew wider.  “You know….  Legally we’re still married, right?” he asked.  “We didn’t even sign any divorce papers to nullify the marriage license we signed when you left so these last 10 years was basically a ‘seperation’ for you and I.  You’re still my wife, in many ways.”

                I can’t believe this bastard is thinking about , said Minah to herself as she stared at him.

                He continued to smile as he turned off the lights in the kitchen and took her hand, taking her to the bedroom.  On the way there, he turned off the lights to the living room as well, leaving the only source of light coming from that one room.

                “Make yourself comfortable.” said Sehun, as he pulled her into the lit room. 

                Minah let out a sigh, seriously not wanting to put up a fight with Sehun.  A lot already happened and she didn’t need any more drama to occur again.  So, she climbed on the bed and comfortably laid down as Sehun started to strip literally in front of her.  His burning eyes were on her the whole time as he ed his white shirt and revealing a set of abs she never knew he had.

                Minah tried not to let her jaw drop, but failed miserably.  Before she could stop him, he unbuckled his belt and let his pants and boxers drop on the floor, showing her how much of a man he had become.  She gulped at his excited manhood that was half harden half limp, as she quickly looked up at his face.  He was wearing a sly smile, knowing well what he was doing to her.

                “You're such a cocky jerk, Oh Sehun.” Minah managed to say and he laughed.

                He shrugged.  “Nah, I’m just reminding you what it used to be like.” he stated.

                This little- thought Minah, when Sehun interrupted her.

                “I’m going to go shower now.” he said, as he turned around and showing his nice, big, firm .

                “I HOPE IT’S A COLD SHOWER!!” said Minah, getting angry at him. 

                Sehun responded with a laugh before the shower head came on.  She frowned at the stupid giddy, excited feelings she was getting just by being with him.  It felt exactly like it did 10 years ago and a small wave of guilt washed over her.  Although she wanted to sulk on Jongsuk, she couldn’t help it but want to hit Sehun for teasing her.

                Minah let out a frustrated sigh as she slip under the covers and closed her eyes.  She was starting to slip into dreamland when the lights turned off and felt the bed dipped.  Although she was already half asleep, she could still feel Sehun’s warm breath on her face as he leaned in close to her and kissed the tip of her nose.

                “I love you, Kim Minah.” he whispered against her lips before she fell into a slumber.

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

                Wow……  This is by far the LONGEST CHAPTER I’ve updated ever for this fanfic….. 

                Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.  Hope you all enjoyed it!!!

                Maybe something dirty dirty will happen next time….  ^^

tumblr_inline_ml4521G3XC1qz4rgp.gif

LOVE,

loveFORyunho