the nerd and the silent one

When Trouble Walked In [Hiatus]

 

            The two losers, according to their classmates, The Nerd and The Silent One were given cleanup duties after school.  Knowing that they were going to clean the class after school, everyone made sure that they tracked in dirt from the soccer field, spilled the most sugary sodas, and spat gum/spit on the tiles. 

            The Nerd is a simpleton: plain and simple.  She doesn’t do much with her life besides her books and home.  That’s all that her life consists of.  Then, there’s The Silent One.  He transferred from SM Academy, the coolest high school in Seoul, but he’s rather boring.  Even though he’s good looking and is quite rich, he oozes zero charisma, unlike most of the students there.  In addition, he is too stuck up.  No one has ever seen him smile before; he just glares at everyone, even the teachers. 

            The reason for his transfer is unknown since no one is his friend and no one wants to be because he barely knows how to talk anyways.  He doesn’t even say yes or no; he nods or shakes his head instead.  Why become friends with something like that when you can’t even properly communicate with him? 

            “Is it really 7 pm?!” asked The Nerd, Kim Minah rather loudly as she looked down at her watch.  She looks up at The Silent One, Oh Sehun, as he turns on the lights in the storage room.  He just grunts and shrugged his shoulders, unsure himself, and quickly stepped into the room.  She rolls her eyes as she checked her pockets for her phone, as she stepped in too and the heavy metal door quickly closed with a boom.

            Damn, I forgot it in the classroom, she thought.  It doesn’t matter; we’re going back in a bit anyways.

            They quickly set the pails down and hung the wet mops up.  Then, they turned to door when Minah realized that there was no knob or handle on the inside.  Panicking, she quickly pushed herself against the door as she tries to get it to open.  When she realized she was the only one trying to get them out, she turned to look at the tall and mysterious boy she’s stuck with. 

            An awkward silence fell over her.  She didn’t know how to ask him anything because he never talks…  How do you start a conversation with a voiceless person when you know that he probably won’t even reply back?  Minah opened to say-

            “That’s why you were supposed to hold the door open.” he blamed, bitterly.  He startled her.  His voice was deep and smooth, to her surprise. 

            Minah stared at him, with disbelief and a gaping mouth.  And, he just stared back at her as if nothing had happened with his shiny, beady eyes.  He pulled away from the staring contest and sat down on the dusty ground, caring less about the black slacks of his uniform getting dirty.

            Minah swallows hard as she stood up straight.  “W-Well, I didn’t know that I was supposed to hold the door open.” she defended herself.  “You could have said something, you know.”

            After folding his long legs, Sehun looked up at the short, chubby, and plain girl in front of him.  He rolled his eyes again.  “Teacher Shim said so himself that someone had to hold the door.  Instructions need to be said only once, to have it be repeated twice is a waste of energy.  You were obviously not paying attention if you’re complaining right now.  Are you sure you’re this school’s number 1 student if you’re this distracted?” he attacked back.

            Minah growled, unable to respond.  He can’t say anything nice that’s why he keeps his mouth shut!, she thought.

            “Do you, at least, have your phone?” she questioned, not wanting to be in the same room with this guy anymore.  He sent her a glare and shook his head.  “Are you serious?!  I don’t have mine either!  And, the last thing I want is to be stuck in here, all night with you and-”

            He sent her a long stare and that made her quiet.  There was something about his glares that were bone-chilling, which is why no one wants to talk to him.  Obviously, neither does he want to be stuck in this place with her.

            Minah sat on the cool, dirty concrete floor.  She thanked God that it was summer and the storage room was cool enough for comfort.  If it was winter, they would freeze to death for sure…  And, Sehun will probably be even madder about her letting the door close on them.

            She glances over at him.  His gaze was distant, somewhere faraway from where they are right now.  Then, he turned to look at her and she quickly averted her eyes.  He cleared his throat, as if to say something…  But, he said nothing.

            “S-So, why did you transfer to Lim High?” asked Minah, meekly. 

            There was no answer.

            “Do you like it here?” continued Minah.  If she was going to be stuck with him all night, then she might as well try to get to know this guy, even if he wanted known as a voiceless person.

            Silence fills the room.

            “Do you have siblings?” asked Minah and once again, there was no answer.  “What college do you want to get into?  You’re from SM Academy, right?  It’s such a good school…  Why would you want to come to a place like this school? This place is OK, it’s not-”

            “I was forced to come here to find someone.” replied Sehun, quickly and bluntly.  Minah glanced over at him, but he was staring straight at the wall in front of him.  She could tell that he was, once again, filled with bitterness.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

 

            Hope you guys enjoyed this first update!!  

   

 

            PLEASE COMMENT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS FIRST UPDATE!!! 

LOVE,

loveFORyunho