Crack

Oh My Princess!

 

 

 

Jessica's POV

 

 

Everyone's face in the room paled upon hearing the news of Krystal's misfortune. I saw my father slump on the chair he was sitting on as if every ounce of his energy was drained out of his body. I took a deep breath to steady my nerves. At least one of us needs to be strong in order to tackle this incident properly.

 

"Are you sure?! You know it's a grave offense to lie in front of a king. And what you are saying is clearly unfathomable to even think about," I said to the servant. I wished he would say that he was only joking around but the look on his face told me otherwise. "The guards that are supposed to be protecting this place are the best in the country if not the whole world."

 

"I'm sorry, your highness, but what I'm saying is the truth. I wished that it didn't really happen. It seems that the kidnappers are power users themselves."

 

"I see," I sighed, furrowing my eyebrows. "For now, search every nook and cranny within the palace grounds for my sister just to be sure if she was indeed kidnapped. Report to us immediately after the search and inform us if the kidnappers contacted the palace for my sister's ransom. Also, if ever one of the guards regained consciousness bring him to me. I'll ask him the details regarding this incident."

 

"Yes, your highness," the servant bowed and left the room. 

 

I paced around the room, worried about the safety of my sister. Unexpected things just kept piling right after another. From Tiffany's to Yoona's and now, to Krystal's. I sighed deeply once again.

 

"My poor baby," my father anguished. His hands covered his face. It seems that he doesn't want anyone to see him like this.

 

I went towards him and rubbed his back comfortingly, hoping to ease some of his sufferings. "Everything's going to be okay, father."

 

 

 

Yoona's POV

 

 

"I assure you our kingdom will help with your search," I said to the two distraught royalties. "Isn't that right, uncle?"

 

"Uncle?" I glanced at my uncle after a few seconds of silence. He looked listless and even paler than the others. "You alright?"

 

"Oh... uhmm... yes. I just remembered something," He said, snapping out of his trance. He turned towards the other king. "We'll gladly help you, Jae. I know how you feel. I as well experienced something similar happen to me fourteen years ago... It didn't end up well."

 

What happened fourteen years ago that made my uncle like this?

 

"I'm sorry that you got caught up in this mess. You even got reminded of that horrible past."

 

He shook his head. "You don't have to say you're sorry. My wife and child are always in my mind. I don't want to forget about them anyways."

 

Wife? Child? Uncle got a family? Why didn't I know of this?

 

"Thank you, Van. You're a great friend."

 

"I just don't want you to go through the same pain and heartbreak that I had been through."

 

"Uncle... I know this is not the time to ask you of this... but... what are you talking about? You have a family? Why am I not aware of this?" I asked him, finally voicing out my thoughts.

 

"I HAD a family, Yoona," He sighed and looked away. "I'll tell you in the near future but not now. Like you've said, it is not the right time for me to answer you. There are more important things to focus on right now."

 

"I understand."

 

I really wanted to know his answer but I guess I just have to wait for everything to settle down first.

 

 

 

  Jessica's POV

 

 

After an hour of waiting, there were a few knocks on the door. The servant who came and delivered us the bad news entered the room with two people following behind him, a maid and a guard with a bandage on his head. They bowed as soon as they saw us.

 

"Here is the guard who was stationed at the main gate earlier and a maid who has seen the princess last." The servant said.

 

The guard staggered towards us and dropped on his knees.

 

"I'm sorry, my majesty! Please kill me with your own hands. I am ashamed to even live anymore. I have failed my job and this kingdom by allowing such thugs to creep up on me and beat me. Please punish me by taking away my life."

 

"Rise and be on your feet. I have a few questions to ask of you first before I give you the punishment that you deserve," my father ordered.

 

The guard slowly stood up. His gaze still on the floor, unable to look at him properly.

 

"First of all, do you have any idea who they are?"

 

"I'm sorry but I have no idea who they are. All I know is that they are wearing all black and are power users judging by the strength that they possess. They were chanting something about bananas and potatoes before they attacked me. I swear I am never going to eat bananas and potatoes for the rest of my remaining life."

 

"But they are good for you... specially potatoes... sweet potatoes to be exact." I heard Seohyun mumble beside me. I suppressed a smile when I saw Yoona roll her eyes at Seohyun and mumble "Goguma addict."

 

"Did you see my daughter being carried away by those men?"

 

"No, your majesty. I was already unconscious so I don't know whether or not they really kidnapped the princess."

 

"I see. Then there's a possibility of my daughter not being actually kidnapped." He turned towards the servant and asked. "How is the search going on?"

 

"We're still looking everywhere at the palace grounds right now. Everyone employed here are doing their best in searching for the youngest princess."

 

"And there's a bigger possibility of her being kidnapped," he grumbled. He looked at the maid. "And you? What are you going to report to me?"

 

"I saw the princess heading out to the palace gates a couple of hours ago with a girl with crimson hair around the crowned princess' age."

 

Is it who I think it is? It's another girl, right?


She couldn't be here. She's probably back at the dorms watching tv or something.

 

Oh God. Please don't let it be her.

 

"Tiffany?!" Yuri gasped at the maid's words. "She was here earlier to give me your phone back, Sica!"

 

My knees buckled at the revelation. I held unto the table for support. I could feel my legs giving out any second now.

 

"There must be some kind of mistake. There might be someone with red hair around my age working at the palace. It couldn't be my Tiffany!"

 

"I'm sorry but there are no red-haired girls nor boys currently employed here, your highness," the servant said.

 

"WHAT?! So not only is my daughter possibly kidnapped but my oldest daughter's girlfriend as well?! This is preposterous!"

 

"You three could leave now. I'll give you your punishment later."

 

After the three left, I motioned Yuri to come next to me.

 

"Give me my phone, Yul," I held out my hand to her. Yuri just stood there mouth agape. "GIVE ME MY PHONE BACK, KWON!"

 

Yuri complied and handed me my phone. I frantically dialed Tiffany's number and waited for her to pick it up.

 

"Pick up. Pick up. Please pick up," I muttered endlessly.

 

"The number you have dialed is currently unattended or is out of coverage area. Please try your call later."

 

I tried to call her again but it was still the same annoying voice that I kept on hearing.

 

"GODDAMNIT!" I threw my phone at the wall with all my might due to anger and frustration, cracking the screen.

 

After realizing what I had done, I walked towards my cellphone and picked it up. I tried to open it but it just hanged on our selca wallpaper. The crack on the screen is positioned directly at Tiffany's face.

 

A bad omen.

Definitely.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry. I know I said I should be able to update at least once a week but wth the way things are going with my work I don't think that is 100% possible. Heck, I can only check on my facebook only once a week too. Sooo... no more promises. I'll update whenever I can.

Thank you to PJun95, icesoosica, Devonajoice, and fanymhieyo for upvoting! ^^